2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Good not Great
By EH on 02/19/10 20:06 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned two Accord Sedans - 1994 LX and 2002 EX V6. No problems with either, great cars. Looked at MB E350, BMW 535, Acura TL & RL, Nissan Maxima, Infiniti G37. For the money and lack of problems Honda has them all beat. Two issues: 1) Headrests are not comfortable - would be concerned about long trips. Fortunately I mainly commute. 2) With the VCM/ECO mode - the engine shuts down from 6 to 4 to 3 cylinders. It is too aggressive - in its zeal to conserve fuel as soon as you ease off the accelerator it switches to ECO mode and then the engine seems "confused" as to how many cylinders it should use 3 or 4 and the engine seems to "pulse" - speeding up and slowing down. Very annoying.

Accord a Great Value Proposition
By ttank on 02/17/10 12:26 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently leased an EX-L I4 with Automatic Transmission and now have 1200 miles on the car. I am very happy with the features, performance and economy that this car offers for the money- I leased for $290/mo with $0 down and 12K miles/year. I love the way the car looks every time I walk up to get into it. I am averaging 28 mpg in combined ciy/hwy driving. My only complaint is an occasional interior rattle coming from the rear shelf area of the car that I have not yet identified the source of. The EX-L has virtually every feature a driver could need. Again for the money, it is hard to beat the value offered in a car with the features of the Accord EX-L

Not worth 30K (incl interest on price)
By pakkya on 02/17/10 12:04 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

spacious, comfy but 30K+ is a lot to pay for a car of this quality; but given the other cars out there in the same price range and similar feature set, this seemed the best pick. Premium sound is not so premium - FM/AM reception on my 95 maxima is far superior, sounds like they forgot to put in the antenna for the radio. climate control fan is starting to sound like a 5$ fan u buy from walmart, it emits other sounds besides sound of air - haven't been to the dealer yet

New To Honda Car
By MichaelFlorida on 02/15/10 13:39 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased Honda (Accord)fir the first time. Purchase experience was good. Elected to purchase the LX-P LX-P seems to be cost effective with a base of $24K, reasonable gas mileage and I hope a lower insurance cost. Driver seat LX was very hard & uncomfortable. The LX-P solved this issue with 8 power adj. seat. Mileage from the 2.4 4 is MUCH better than my 2007 Pontiac G6 3.9 6 Noise is a minor factor- you do hear & feel every bump and change in road conditions. Car is base but highly functional.

Headrests
By NW on 02/15/10 10:13 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We had not purchased a new vehicle since 1994, and we are currently still driving a 2006 Toyota Camry LE. I have wanted a Honda Accord for a long time and chose the 2010 Honda Accord LX-P for my "retirement car." So far I have not been disappointed in this car. My only complaint is that the driver's headrest will not stay in position. We took it back, and the mechanic swapped it with the passenger headrest. Once the passenger headrest was in place on the driver's side, it would not stay in place either. I am a short person so I really need this headrest in the correct position. If this can just get resolved, I will be a happy camper. The car drives very well. The road noise was not too bad.

V-6 Loaded
By 1st2themoon on 02/09/10 13:19 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a loaded white diamond sedan. I absolutely love this car. It's as fun to drive as my BMW (which was surprising). The 6 cylinder has plenty of power. Well worth upgrading from the 4 cylinder. I've had mine since Aug of '09 and not one problem. I've had 2 other accords in the past and this won't be my last. It's great to be able to operate the AC/heat, radio by voice. Works really well also.

Driving experience is awful
By Honda lover on 02/06/10 23:29 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had higher expectations from the Accord Lx Sedan. I've only had my vehicle for one week and the driving experience is awful.My 2004 Honda accord drove so much smoother and faster than this vehicle. I can feel every bump and crack in the road while driving, the acceleration of the vehicle is depressing....what was I thinking when I purchased this car. I should have went with the sportier accord. The newer vehicles are'nt made like the older models. I'm stuck with it now so....I guess my warranty will be my best friend.

A fun car to drive
By memphisguy1967 on 02/05/10 14:04 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

this is a great car. I have owned Honda's in the past and this has to be the best one. My only gripe is the lack of horsepower from the basic 4 cyl..but on the other hand I went from a truck getting 15 mpg to this car getting 23 mpg..so not complaining. the ride is great and very comfortable. Love the features this car has for a base model. Steering is light and cornering is fantastic. the back seat is large. My son who is over 6 ft was very comfortable and had plenty of knee/leg room. Everything within reach behind the wheel. the radio controls are different.

Great Sedan
By Unearthed on 01/23/10 19:51 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I ended up with a 4cyl EX after looking at pretty much every trim Honda offers in the Accord. I really think the v6 feels slightly underpowered in this car...I couldn't justify the price difference to step up to the 6. The EX-L has all the cool tech gadgets and I wish you could have a regular EX with them included. I hate leather seats, especially when I felt how nice the cloth was in the EX version. The car handles extremely well, and I don't notice the body roll Edmunds mentions in their review. The 190hp is adequate and the ride is firm enough yet not harsh. Build quality is fantastic and Honda has done a great job with the quality of the interior.

Honda lives up to its reputation
By NavVet on 01/19/10 15:19 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

What a fun car to drive. Went in to trade our 2003TL type S for a CRV. While there decided to drive the Accords too, and on a fluke drove the 6 spd man Accord Coupe. More power than the Acura, and more fun to drive. Back seat is OK in a pinch, but the kids are gone, so it wasn't really needed. Shifting and clutch and very smooth. Car is laid out right, and with the 271 hp 6 it is fun. There was a limit on available colors, seems most with the manuals came in black. Looks good, just shows the dirt.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Accord in VA is:

$131 per month*