Used 2010 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Most Helpful|
Not quite the Accord it used to be
By Tom H

2010 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This my 4th, and worst, Accord (I had a 98, 02, and 07). The Accord has never been quiet, but this one seems loud at all speeds, with an ever-present booming sound in the cabin (ANC?). The ride has improved, but it's still quite firm. It handles fine, but the steering feels dull and spongy on-center which is unusual for an Accord. Power from the I4/5AT is mediocre. It's fine at part-throttle, but always feels flat-footed when you push it. The interior is big and well-arranged, with a large, comfy back seat. The front seats are the worst of any Accord yet (the 07 had the best) because the headrest pushes my head forward uncomfortably. Terrible sound system, even my '02 sounded better.

Favorite Features

Aux input (2011 adds USB), MP3 CD playback, good mileage (28 MPG in local driving), roomy rear seat, excellent safety features, smooth acceleration, precise steering and good ride-handling compromise for a family sedan, EX's noisy exhaust can be amusing sometimes, but obnoxious most of the time.

Suggested Improvements

Lower road noise and get rid of the booming sound caused by the ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) trying to cover up the overtly loud exhaust on EX models. I4 desperately needs more torque, or less weight to haul around. Needs a 6-speed. Bring back the seats and stereo from the '07.

Quality seems worse than the past
By NMT

2010 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I owned a 1999 Accord LX for 12 years and I like it since it is a very solid car and not much trouble. When it was time to buy a new one, I decided to stick with Accord and I thought it should be a slight upgrade to buy LX-P but I just feel bit disappointed since the engine pick up, gas mileage, interior material quality are worse than the past. The engine is little noise than my old one. However, the car handling is still pretty good. I like the new look and the price. I almost paid the same price what I paid 12 years ago if I stick with the LX basic model. If you consider inflation, it is over 30% cheaper. I think you get what you pay for.

Favorite Features

exterior design, solid car handling and reliability

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage, better pick up

Good quality too much cabin noise
By James Brunskill

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We are happy with the quality of the car and the color combinations that are available over previously owned Camry's. A bit more sportier. Very disappointed with road noise in the cabin of the vehicle and squealing brake noise on occasion. Will look back to Camry next time and include a look at Sonata and Ford Fusion before buying.

Favorite Features

Overall appearance of vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the brake and cabin noise.

Could be better
By Mike_D

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love my Accord. I traded in my 07 Civic to this package. Bluetooth freezes up sometimes, I get the rattle from the AC Fan, the driver seat really is uncomfortable, and the idle is rough sometimes. Had my brakes replaced at 5k miles, they were off for some reason. The car is amazing though. I have to say the performance has improved since I first bought last year. Wish I would've waited for the 2011 because they did fix a lot of the issues I have now. Amazing car. Road noise is loud but I plan to put continentals on when these tires are ready for replacing. Got mine for $23k fully loaded black on black. Absolutely gorgeous and I still get compliments. To me, sort of looks like Malibu. :-(

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, heated seats, Key Fob, Sunroof, PWR Seat, Stereo, Auto On/Off Lights, Pinchless windows, Alloy Wheels, Auto dimming mirror, lighted visors

Suggested Improvements

Fix the seats! they're tough. Would love HID headlamps, better stereo (sort of lacking), and mood lighting. I wouldn't mind a Smart Key system either. Update the LCD display and Trip Computer. Wish Honda would offer a Steptronic transmission. D-3 isn't adequate sometimes.

Nice Car but Some Complaints
By Elena

2010 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This to me seemed like a nice modest sedan, priced nice, safe, and it's a Honda. I recently bought it and am disappointed. First of all I had my husband break in the first 3000 miles and I started driving it a little over a month ago. I got this car for mostly driving around town, a grocery getter for my family. I'm a very conservative driver, the gas mileage is very disappointing, I am averaging 12 mpg city and 19 hwy, which is not at all what I expected. I brought it back to the dealer and the mechanic told me that all cars started like that, but it has not increased. I like the car, it's very smooth but too much power for fwd. It's been in once for warranty for a leak in the weatherstripping.

Suggested Improvements

Rear wheel drive or hopefully all wheel drive. Higher quality weatherstripping, and more honest gas mileage ratings.