2010 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews 15

2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
good value
By JoshK on 03/18/10 12:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was deciding between this, the Genesis Coupe, and the Camaro. I ended up buying the Accord Coupe for the history of reliability. I'm not brave enough to buy a Camaro or genesis in their first year of production. I'm not a huge car guy, but I do think performance is more important than comfort, especially for a machine that has transportation as its primary function. Which is why it was a huge disappointment that I couldn't get the V6 engine unless I also paid for unnecessary luxuries like leather, heated seats, dual zone climate control, etc. So I settled for the I4 engine. It's fine on the highway but the acceleration is weak (which I realized on my test drive). Oh well.

Not Worth 30K+ cont'd
By pakkya on 03/17/10 13:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So I dropped off the car at dealer's for them to look at radio reception and fan noise. They came back to say they couldn't hear the fan and the radio reception was normal - given that XM is installed, it interferes with the FM/AM reception-BS!. Every car now has XM and not all have radio issues. It most likely is the antenna assembly that is inferior quality. Also, driver seat has started creaking whenever you shift your position while sitting - I am 6'4, 220lbs - but then this is a LARGE FAMILY SEDAN. I am very much convinced that Honda uses cheap quality materials for its interior to keep prices low and profits up. Its not worth buying an EX- L, a LX MIGHT'VE been worth the money.

Honda Accord EX Sedan
By jakester on 03/12/10 21:01 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

190 HP engine is smooth and powerful. Car really handles well on country roads and highway. Replaced a 2009 Ford Fusion with the Honda Accord EX, Ford Fusion had more bells and whistles but Honda is a more solid car. Also own a 2002 Honda Odyssey van, can't beat Honda for reliability and overall quality. Went back and forth between 2010 Fusion and Accord before choosing the Honda. Tough decision, both are good cars.

Very good car for the money
By Mag on 03/10/10 12:59 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I think the accord EX 4 cyl. is the best car for the money. I test drove many cars before I decided to get this car. The only car I found ahead of this one is the BMW 528. For that price I think I got the best deal. Road and wind noise is very noticeable, but this is the case for most cars in this category. Seats are not the best but I got used to them after sometime. The gas millage isn't great but the car is quite big. I wish Honda can improve that.

Honda tries to save on cost
By jkendall on 03/08/10 13:58 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just turned in my 2007 Accord for my 2010 Accord, and I miss my 2007 Accord. This is a nice car, but it screams cheaper to me. I really like the exterior of the 2010 better, however, the interior is assembled with a lot of the hard plastics, an audio display that is unappealing, a seat I just can't get comfortable in, and an engine that seems a little more sluggish. I will say it does seem to have more interior room. I sold my 2007 to my brother, and I think he got the better end of the deal.

Love it
By Ed on 03/07/10 18:15 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Honda in Dec 2009. Was deciding between the Toyota Camry and the Accord. I am very glad I chose the Accord. Haven't run into any problems yet. Absolutely love the ride, handling. Road noise is not as bad as others say and haven't had any problems with the brakes yet.

Run away
By goodtymz on 03/05/10 08:13 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Run as fast as you can from this jalopy! This is the 2nd Accord I bought and hated both of them and both dealers. Build quality is garbage! Sold this junker after 1 month because of shaking in front end transmission jerking, wind/road noise, dashboard does not even touch windshield (check any of them) this car is another joke from a company milking past quality! Gm did the same thing and look at them now--- buy an infiniti you will be treated as you should be any time you go to a dealer and that will only be for oil changes! Trust me spend the extra and be happy --life is too short to deal with this garbage company and their garbage products/dealerships! Run and run fast

Great Car
By Tom M on 03/04/10 19:03 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just rolled over 3000 miles and everything is just right. Went with an Accord for the bulletproof reliability and was pleasantly surprised by the speed, handling, and overall size of the thing. It's a big car, and getting into the back seats is a challenge, but it is very comfortable. The trunk is huge! The gearbox is lazy sometimes and the cylinder deactivation can get really annoying when trying to quickly overtake. Rapidly reengaging all 6 pots to light back up feels like the car is kicking down 3 gears and there is a delay, but only briefly. I recorded 5.6 seconds to 60, which for a relatively heavy and front wheel drive car, is amazing. MPG is about 27 highway, 20 city with a light foot.

2010 EX-L sedan w/Nav
By HappyDriver on 03/04/10 12:37 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is flat out amazing and very well built. I hear a lot of people complaining about road noise but I found it less noisy than others that I test drove, 2010 Nissan Maxima, Altima and 3 & 5 series bmw's for example. The center console offers wide array of controls which I love, however if you're stupid and wear bottle caps for glasses, you might experience a slight problem. The rear tail lights look much better as well; the past few years were God awful. Overall, great job on the car, would of appreciated the option of having a manual transmission in the V6 sedan models. That would of made driving fun for me.

Buy if you like WHINE
By David on 02/28/10 18:07 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Coming from an unreliable 07 Passat, I expected this car to be reliable. Not so! As the car heats up, there is this awful mechanical whine/drone coming from the engine. It is a horrible sound and makes driving the car intolerable. That and the stereo crackles in the dashboard and is clearly very flimsy. I'm really disappointed so far. Otherwise, the car handles well, is balanced, has great suspension with good road feel. The EX manual is calibrated as it should be, but the car would benefit from joining the rest of the world by developing a 6 speed manual. Decent performance, not great. My kids love the back seat room, and the interior is open and airy feeling. But this car has me worried.