2010 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews 14

2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great Car
By William on 04/01/10 04:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After 18 months with a Civic, I had to do something. This car exceeds all of my expectations, less one. My other car is a 1999 AMG C-43, owned from new, so my standards are high.

You're winner and still champion...
By hardten on 03/31/10 19:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Let's get real. For the past 3-5 years every midsized sedan has mentioned the Honda Accord in its advertising. Yes, there is a reason for this! As a 2006 Accord owner, my wife's 1998 Toyota Camry was recently rear ended and totaled while waiting at a stop light. What to buy? Camry? Way too many problems at this time and boring styling. 2011 sonata? Too new and unproven. Hate being a new model Guinea pig. And my trusted friend says Korea still not quite there yet against the Japanese. Altima? Definitely not a Honda. Push button ignition! Big deal! As a 58 year old "old school" driver there are some new gadgets I could care less about. Chevy or Ford? No thanks, I would Rather buy American. O

Loved this car!
By Miamitraveler on 03/29/10 18:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought the Honda Accord after LOTS of research. I spent hours reading every review possible online. It came down to two cars, the 2011 Hyundai Sonata and the Honda Accord. I test drove both cars on 2 different occasions from 2 different dealers. While the Sonata has a more beautiful exterior than the Honda, the interior of the Sonata especially the dashboard looks and feels cheap with low grade plastics. What were the Sonata's designers thinking? Also the drive in the Accord was superior to the Sonata's. Those two factors sealed the deal for me and I went with the Accord. Also, the Honda dealer was much more knowledgeable, professional and nice than the other dealers.

The Accord isn't a Buick
By IMFletch on 03/29/10 12:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Some of these reviews are amusing. Did anyone actually test drive the Accord before buying it? This Accord is what it has always been - the sports sedan of work-a-day cars. This means it has a firm ride, quick, accurate steering, lots of road feel, a rev-happy engine and a slick shifting manual trans. Complaints about road noise, hard ride? Please. Listen, if you want a four-wheeled isolation chamber, buy a Buick. The Accord has grown up, but it still retains the qualities that have made its predecessors so beloved: a great DRIVING experience, quality, reliability and economy. My LX 5 spd is simple and fun to drive. The Accord is perfect if that's what you're looking for in a car.

Great dependable car
By hondaguy2 on 03/28/10 17:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just picked up my 2010 Accord lx a couple days ago, it's about as expected. I turned in a 2007 Accord se with the v6 engine so going to the 4 cylinder is tough. I'm sure I will get used to the lack of power over time. The exterior is nice, and the interior is just ok. I was surprised at the road noise, that's something I didn't have in the 2007. All in all, its a great car. I think you buy a Honda more for the dependability than looks or ride.

Happy eith the LX-P
By Happy with the LX-P on 03/25/10 20:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car is for 5'2" wife. She loves it! Chose the LX-P over LX for power seat & no hub cap rims. Driver seat is very firm & low. Have to get up to get out. Exterior is beautiful. Interior is nice, not stellar. Very functional with little compartments & sliding armrest. Road noise reduced by adding hood & trunk insulator for $150 via internet. Has more driver leg room than my 2005 4Runner. 5 speed automatic is smooth, but down shifts on slightest hills. It accelerates & handles very well. Fun to drive! Car is not a Maxima, BMW or a Lexas. Not meant to be. Good gas mileage at 24 MPH around town. In essence, we would select this model again.

Totally enjoying this car
By Marianne on 03/24/10 13:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased the car in February after much research on many models. Being a super fussy person in general, and particularly with the cars I own, I have to say that I am really surprised that for once, I can say "I really love my car!" Having previously only driven 6 cylinder cars, I was a bit hesitant about purchasing a 4, but I have to say that the difference is barely noticeable and I'm glad I made that choice.

Not fun to drive
By donna on 03/23/10 15:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had driven the Accord EXL for no more than a day when I began to experience a backache. This car is truly one of the most uncomfortable to sit in. I test drove the cloth seats, found them uncomfortable but the salesperson convinced me that the leather was very comfortable as it had a lumbar adjustment etc. Not so, it's like sitting on wood. Wake up Honda, fix these seats. I rented a Kia Forte before this and it was way more comfortable, even in cloth. I need two pillows to avoid the backache. The road noise is unbearable on the parkway and you can actually feel it rumble underneath you as you drive.

Great car
By rob on 03/19/10 22:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought 19.3k for this car (destination charge included). Not sure if this is a great deal. I showed the invoice price from edmunds and asked for something cheaper than edmunds price. I like the car so far. I owned an Accord before. This is my 2nd Accord. Very reliable car.

2200 miles in the first month!
By Jay C. on 03/19/10 16:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Accord almost exactly a month ago & have made a few road trips in it already. My previous daily car was a '04 VW GTI VR6, which honestly I'm already starting to miss. I've owned a few Honda's in the past, and the reliability/cost of ownership/value was the reason for my purchase. On long trips, it's not a bad cruiser, & around town if you can get used to it's mammoth size, it's not too bad. It needs sway bars, better brakes, & a halfway-decent stereo like yesterday. It's better suited for people who view cars as appliances rather than adrenaline pumps. It's an ideal car for retirees, which is why I'm handing the keys to my parents in about a year or two.