2010 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
2010 EX-L sedan w/Nav
By HappyDriver on 03/04/10 12:37 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is flat out amazing and very well built. I hear a lot of people complaining about road noise but I found it less noisy than others that I test drove, 2010 Nissan Maxima, Altima and 3 & 5 series bmw's for example. The center console offers wide array of controls which I love, however if you're stupid and wear bottle caps for glasses, you might experience a slight problem. The rear tail lights look much better as well; the past few years were God awful. Overall, great job on the car, would of appreciated the option of having a manual transmission in the V6 sedan models. That would of made driving fun for me.

Buy if you like WHINE
By David on 02/28/10 18:07 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Coming from an unreliable 07 Passat, I expected this car to be reliable. Not so! As the car heats up, there is this awful mechanical whine/drone coming from the engine. It is a horrible sound and makes driving the car intolerable. That and the stereo crackles in the dashboard and is clearly very flimsy. I'm really disappointed so far. Otherwise, the car handles well, is balanced, has great suspension with good road feel. The EX manual is calibrated as it should be, but the car would benefit from joining the rest of the world by developing a 6 speed manual. Decent performance, not great. My kids love the back seat room, and the interior is open and airy feeling. But this car has me worried.

Second Accord
By Jeff on 02/27/10 23:10 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After driving my 1999 V6 accord for 11 years it was time for a new one. The new design is appealing. Good features for the money but I expected much more. ROAD NOISE is pretty bad on the fwy and you will feel the road. Looks great inside and out, much like a BMW. powerful and handles well. poor gas millage, my ave is 20mpg and this is a 4cyl. the information display and console has a very poor design. The Acura series has a much better design. you would imagine for a 2010 completely redesign car they wouldn't use so many buttons and scattered and multi colored display. It took me such a long time to adjust the seats and they are still not very comfortable.

Honda accord EX.
By swamy on 02/22/10 18:13 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love the car, and color (basque red) and beige interior. Love the wood panels, controls, and interior space. Coming from fully loaded Nissan Maxima, miss some features, but no big deal.

Good not Great
By EH on 02/19/10 20:06 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned two Accord Sedans - 1994 LX and 2002 EX V6. No problems with either, great cars. Looked at MB E350, BMW 535, Acura TL & RL, Nissan Maxima, Infiniti G37. For the money and lack of problems Honda has them all beat. Two issues: 1) Headrests are not comfortable - would be concerned about long trips. Fortunately I mainly commute. 2) With the VCM/ECO mode - the engine shuts down from 6 to 4 to 3 cylinders. It is too aggressive - in its zeal to conserve fuel as soon as you ease off the accelerator it switches to ECO mode and then the engine seems "confused" as to how many cylinders it should use 3 or 4 and the engine seems to "pulse" - speeding up and slowing down. Very annoying.

Accord a Great Value Proposition
By ttank on 02/17/10 12:26 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently leased an EX-L I4 with Automatic Transmission and now have 1200 miles on the car. I am very happy with the features, performance and economy that this car offers for the money- I leased for $290/mo with $0 down and 12K miles/year. I love the way the car looks every time I walk up to get into it. I am averaging 28 mpg in combined ciy/hwy driving. My only complaint is an occasional interior rattle coming from the rear shelf area of the car that I have not yet identified the source of. The EX-L has virtually every feature a driver could need. Again for the money, it is hard to beat the value offered in a car with the features of the Accord EX-L

Not worth 30K (incl interest on price)
By pakkya on 02/17/10 12:04 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

spacious, comfy but 30K+ is a lot to pay for a car of this quality; but given the other cars out there in the same price range and similar feature set, this seemed the best pick. Premium sound is not so premium - FM/AM reception on my 95 maxima is far superior, sounds like they forgot to put in the antenna for the radio. climate control fan is starting to sound like a 5$ fan u buy from walmart, it emits other sounds besides sound of air - haven't been to the dealer yet

New To Honda Car
By MichaelFlorida on 02/15/10 13:39 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased Honda (Accord)fir the first time. Purchase experience was good. Elected to purchase the LX-P LX-P seems to be cost effective with a base of $24K, reasonable gas mileage and I hope a lower insurance cost. Driver seat LX was very hard & uncomfortable. The LX-P solved this issue with 8 power adj. seat. Mileage from the 2.4 4 is MUCH better than my 2007 Pontiac G6 3.9 6 Noise is a minor factor- you do hear & feel every bump and change in road conditions. Car is base but highly functional.

Headrests
By NW on 02/15/10 10:13 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We had not purchased a new vehicle since 1994, and we are currently still driving a 2006 Toyota Camry LE. I have wanted a Honda Accord for a long time and chose the 2010 Honda Accord LX-P for my "retirement car." So far I have not been disappointed in this car. My only complaint is that the driver's headrest will not stay in position. We took it back, and the mechanic swapped it with the passenger headrest. Once the passenger headrest was in place on the driver's side, it would not stay in place either. I am a short person so I really need this headrest in the correct position. If this can just get resolved, I will be a happy camper. The car drives very well. The road noise was not too bad.

V-6 Loaded
By 1st2themoon on 02/09/10 13:19 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a loaded white diamond sedan. I absolutely love this car. It's as fun to drive as my BMW (which was surprising). The 6 cylinder has plenty of power. Well worth upgrading from the 4 cylinder. I've had mine since Aug of '09 and not one problem. I've had 2 other accords in the past and this won't be my last. It's great to be able to operate the AC/heat, radio by voice. Works really well also.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Accord Sedan in VA is:

$131 per month*