2010 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Not fun to drive
By donna on 03/23/10 15:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had driven the Accord EXL for no more than a day when I began to experience a backache. This car is truly one of the most uncomfortable to sit in. I test drove the cloth seats, found them uncomfortable but the salesperson convinced me that the leather was very comfortable as it had a lumbar adjustment etc. Not so, it's like sitting on wood. Wake up Honda, fix these seats. I rented a Kia Forte before this and it was way more comfortable, even in cloth. I need two pillows to avoid the backache. The road noise is unbearable on the parkway and you can actually feel it rumble underneath you as you drive.

Great car
By rob on 03/19/10 22:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought 19.3k for this car (destination charge included). Not sure if this is a great deal. I showed the invoice price from edmunds and asked for something cheaper than edmunds price. I like the car so far. I owned an Accord before. This is my 2nd Accord. Very reliable car.

2200 miles in the first month!
By Jay C. on 03/19/10 16:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Accord almost exactly a month ago & have made a few road trips in it already. My previous daily car was a '04 VW GTI VR6, which honestly I'm already starting to miss. I've owned a few Honda's in the past, and the reliability/cost of ownership/value was the reason for my purchase. On long trips, it's not a bad cruiser, & around town if you can get used to it's mammoth size, it's not too bad. It needs sway bars, better brakes, & a halfway-decent stereo like yesterday. It's better suited for people who view cars as appliances rather than adrenaline pumps. It's an ideal car for retirees, which is why I'm handing the keys to my parents in about a year or two.

Not Worth 30K+ cont'd
By pakkya on 03/17/10 13:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So I dropped off the car at dealer's for them to look at radio reception and fan noise. They came back to say they couldn't hear the fan and the radio reception was normal - given that XM is installed, it interferes with the FM/AM reception-BS!. Every car now has XM and not all have radio issues. It most likely is the antenna assembly that is inferior quality. Also, driver seat has started creaking whenever you shift your position while sitting - I am 6'4, 220lbs - but then this is a LARGE FAMILY SEDAN. I am very much convinced that Honda uses cheap quality materials for its interior to keep prices low and profits up. Its not worth buying an EX- L, a LX MIGHT'VE been worth the money.

Honda Accord EX Sedan
By jakester on 03/12/10 21:01 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

190 HP engine is smooth and powerful. Car really handles well on country roads and highway. Replaced a 2009 Ford Fusion with the Honda Accord EX, Ford Fusion had more bells and whistles but Honda is a more solid car. Also own a 2002 Honda Odyssey van, can't beat Honda for reliability and overall quality. Went back and forth between 2010 Fusion and Accord before choosing the Honda. Tough decision, both are good cars.

Very good car for the money
By Mag on 03/10/10 12:59 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I think the accord EX 4 cyl. is the best car for the money. I test drove many cars before I decided to get this car. The only car I found ahead of this one is the BMW 528. For that price I think I got the best deal. Road and wind noise is very noticeable, but this is the case for most cars in this category. Seats are not the best but I got used to them after sometime. The gas millage isn't great but the car is quite big. I wish Honda can improve that.

Honda tries to save on cost
By jkendall on 03/08/10 13:58 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just turned in my 2007 Accord for my 2010 Accord, and I miss my 2007 Accord. This is a nice car, but it screams cheaper to me. I really like the exterior of the 2010 better, however, the interior is assembled with a lot of the hard plastics, an audio display that is unappealing, a seat I just can't get comfortable in, and an engine that seems a little more sluggish. I will say it does seem to have more interior room. I sold my 2007 to my brother, and I think he got the better end of the deal.

Love it
By Ed on 03/07/10 18:15 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Honda in Dec 2009. Was deciding between the Toyota Camry and the Accord. I am very glad I chose the Accord. Haven't run into any problems yet. Absolutely love the ride, handling. Road noise is not as bad as others say and haven't had any problems with the brakes yet.

Run away
By goodtymz on 03/05/10 08:13 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Run as fast as you can from this jalopy! This is the 2nd Accord I bought and hated both of them and both dealers. Build quality is garbage! Sold this junker after 1 month because of shaking in front end transmission jerking, wind/road noise, dashboard does not even touch windshield (check any of them) this car is another joke from a company milking past quality! Gm did the same thing and look at them now--- buy an infiniti you will be treated as you should be any time you go to a dealer and that will only be for oil changes! Trust me spend the extra and be happy --life is too short to deal with this garbage company and their garbage products/dealerships! Run and run fast

2010 EX-L sedan w/Nav
By HappyDriver on 03/04/10 12:37 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is flat out amazing and very well built. I hear a lot of people complaining about road noise but I found it less noisy than others that I test drove, 2010 Nissan Maxima, Altima and 3 & 5 series bmw's for example. The center console offers wide array of controls which I love, however if you're stupid and wear bottle caps for glasses, you might experience a slight problem. The rear tail lights look much better as well; the past few years were God awful. Overall, great job on the car, would of appreciated the option of having a manual transmission in the V6 sedan models. That would of made driving fun for me.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Accord Sedan in VA is:

$131 per month*