Used 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great car with minor faults
By tominnh

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2010 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 for 5 1/2 years. Outside of the rear brake issue that Honda had with this model, I have nothing but praise for this car. It's has smooth and quick acceleration. It's well put together and nothing has gone wrong mechanically. It's classified as a large car so there's plenty of room everywhere. Gas mileage is acceptable and on a 1400 mile trip I got 26.5 MPG thanks to the cylinder deactivation feature. My only real gripes are that the compass is useless. Whenever the car goes under an underpass that has electrical conduits under it, the compass goes haywire. Over the years, it seems to me that driver seats got so hard that a I had to get a cushion.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, smooth highway ride, cylinder deactivation, freedom from mechanical issues. I just do the maintenance and that's it.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the hard drivers seat and make the auto-dimming mirror with compass standard. The car could be quieter with more insulation instead of the noise cancellation feature which makes installing an after market stereo problematic. I have one installed (I'm 67) and Id rather hear the noise of the stereo that the wind noise. Id buy another Accord Coupe in a heart beat if those issues were dealt with.

Still love it!
By whitegloves

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought 7/2010 for mechanical reliability, that's what I've gotten so far. Not a single problem there, not even a funny noise. Snappy, responsive engine; handles firm and tight. Good visibility compared to others in category. Great family car, roomy backseat/huge trunk. Fantastic sound system but totally unusable at freeway speeds due to Honda's legendary high level of road noise transmission. Also don't like: headlights weak in intensity and range; seat comfort = meh; no fuel economy data readout; headrests from hell (but other brands worse); steering-wheel wrap turning color ever so slightly, developing a dark purplish cast to the original charcoal -- but only I can see it apparently.

Favorite Features

Great pickup even at freeway speeds. Engine sounds powerful, and nice horn too (can you tell I'm a child of the 60s -- how it sounds is as important as how it looks). Solid cornering, especially nice on all the darned roundabouts. Sharp styling and they weren't stingy with chrome. Build feels solid, fit-and-finish is impressive. I was glad they offered a color (Bold Beige Metallic) besides what everybody else has (white, black, silver, toy-car red or toy-car blue.

Suggested Improvements

Do something about the road noise. Improve headlight intensity and coverage. Add turning lamps. Re-design the headrests so they don't push the head forward. More adjustments on seat, especially drivers seat. Use better quality wiper blades such as RainX instead of the factory ones -- they were so ineffective I replaced them after a few weeks.

not as reliable as expected
By jmsms

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

at 45000 miles began having popping and crunching sounds from the front end especially in hot weather and at 48k took it in to get looked at and was told that the front end ball joints were bad and also that the rear brakes were gone and rotors needed resurfacing. Now reading about Hondas and ball joint failures on the web, but this seems awfully premature. I have not had ball joint issues like this even in cars that I have kept over 100k(no previous Hondas). Some of these failures can be catastrophic. I had thought to keep this car and give it to one of my kids to take to college but now I am not so sure. Apparently a design flaw from what I have been reading.

Favorite Features

V6 nice, smooth, good power. Like the way it drives. seems to have pretty good build quality for what I paid for the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

issue with brakes, suspension as stated. interior dome lights have issues of reliability as well and are difficult to service/replace bulbs.

Can't trust this car
By frustrated2013

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2010 Accord for a little over three years. Just this year, I was told the oil was low so I needed a $125 software update. Within a couple of months, I was stranded on the highway with what Honda says was misfired spark plugs because of the low oil. Spark plugs changed software update re-done on June 1. By, July 7, oil was low again, I added a quart and then again around 2 weeks later. Last night noticed the car running rough, then it happened again. Check again light flashing car feeling like it was going to shut off. Off to the dealership we go....time to get rid of this clunker!!! I am so disappointed. Wish Honda would step up to the plate, Toyota did.

Honda Accord Reliability
By gimpus

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2010 Accord is nothing but trouble. In t.5 years, I've experienced all the problems mentioned in the past blogs....oil consumption of 1 qt per 1000 miles is "normal". I purchased an Accord to do the exact opposite of what I am doing now--checking oil levels, spending time at the dealership letting mechanics tell me everything is within "parameters". Now I had to change brakes, deal with AC not getting cool, flashing check engine lights, wheel alignment problems; all in 2.5 years. I am a careful driver and 80% of the mileage was on highways. Avoid this car.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, looks great inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

Engine and alignment.