2010 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Poor Gas Mileage and Oil consumption
By slazar77 on 06/27/14 09:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2010 Accord V6, and i get anywhere between 14.5 - 15.5 mph. I drive in the city, do not accelerate fast, and only use Shell oil (87, sometimes 89). Tire pressure is always checked. Also, i do burn about 3/4-1 quart of oil about 1,000 miles. The dealership tells me that burning 1 quart of oil between 1,000 and 1,500 miles falls within Honda's guidelines. (Maybe they just changed the guidelines?? No other car seems to have this issue) Anybody experienced same issues. Anybody brought their car to the dealer for an "oil consumption test"? Beware buying this vehicle. It's an awesome car. But if i knew i would get an average of 15 mph, i wouldn't bought something else.

Do not buy a honda
By james brinson on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Honda not a car you want to buy. Leather seats do not stand up to standard. Their air bags will deflate and you hit nothing . My advice be do not ever buy a Honda form no one they will lie to you. Thanks for nothing . Pat

Couldn't go wrong with this car.
By ODIS on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was comparing accord v6 with ford fusion v6 and Acura TSX . Accord won because of better acceleration and larger size. Pro: 1. Spacious size, EPA rating large. 2. Comfortable seat with lumbar support. 3. Fuel economy: 50% local 50% high way 25-27 MPG. Con: 1. No outside temperature display in EX V6. 2. Rear trunk hood could be more sturdy. 3. No preinstalled door visor.

Smooth and Powerful Ride
By Brandon C. on 05/23/10 21:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After shopping around for months, looking at many makes and models, the Honda Accord EX V-6 ended up being the winner. It replaced my old 1987 4-cyl Toyota Camry. And did I make the right choice. The ride is both smooth and powerful. The 8-way power driver's seat control is great for my big frame. It has a very spacious interior (for a big guy like me) and I like that the rear bench collapses to expand trunk space when I need it. Even though the Accord doesn't get the same great fuel economy as a hybrid would, I'm satisfied with the way it performs. It's a keeper.

Beware of Honda quality standard
By bigmistake on 05/17/10 18:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you are considering 8th gen Honda Accord, do your research on what you are going to deal with. It is not the Accord that it used to be. Mine is Silver and its painting has zebra stripes all over it. Yet, Honda insists that it is normal and refuse to deal with the issue while none of the silver Accord owners and Dupon automotive painting rep I contacted think its normal. You will have to deal with all kind of creaking and rattling noises, in addition to ear-deafening noises from road, tire, wind and so on. Sub par braking performance. So so engine performance and so so fuel economy. Styling is nice but not worth it considering what you have to go through during your ownership.

Vibration at highway speed
By Gordon Lock on 05/08/10 09:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove an Accord that was 'on lot' before I bought. I didn't drive the actual car that I purchased until after I had paid for it as it had to be driven from another dealership. Big mistake! This car vibrates at highway speeds and after the dealership worked on it 3 times for a total of 27 days, it is not fixed. I was told that there was nothing else they could do for it and it was out of their hands. Talked to a Honda rep in California and was told it is not their policy to replace a car or to return your money. If you are considering Honda, be aware of their policy .

Great Sedan!
By Jay L. on 05/02/10 10:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Accord. I had looked for a good car/SUV for two years and had test-driven many. At last, after running a cycle and came back to the starting point. It is not a luxury car but it gives you a feeling of luxury. V-6 is quite and smooth. The reliability is needless to mention - rock-solid! The first tank of gas is giving me 25 mpg (local only). I'll see how the 2nd tank goes. So far so great!

Great Car, But a Few Things Missing
By Tom H on 11/11/09 10:30 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Accord EXL V6 is almost everything I could wish for. Smooth power, nice handling, lots of features, good looks. It replaced my 10 year old Saab 9-5 and I'm delighted with it so far.

Nice Car but Some Complaints
By Elena on 10/25/09 19:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This to me seemed like a nice modest sedan, priced nice, safe, and it's a Honda. I recently bought it and am disappointed. First of all I had my husband break in the first 3000 miles and I started driving it a little over a month ago. I got this car for mostly driving around town, a grocery getter for my family. I'm a very conservative driver, the gas mileage is very disappointing, I am averaging 12 mpg city and 19 hwy, which is not at all what I expected. I brought it back to the dealer and the mechanic told me that all cars started like that, but it has not increased. I like the car, it's very smooth but too much power for fwd. It's been in once for warranty for a leak in the weatherstripping.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Accord Sedan in VA is:

$122 per month*