Used 2010 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Ridiculously Dissapointing
By Courtney

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a first time Honda buyer. Purchased this vehicle with the knowledge that I commute 100 miles a day. Wanted something large enough to contain passengers comfortably and was reliable and going to give me a decent amount of years before needing to purchase a new vehicle. I have had nothing but problems from about 20k miles. It has had several "safety bulletins", basically Honda recognizes there is an issue and doesn't fix the problem until you are in the dealer complaining or broke down and have been towed in. I have broken down 7 times in the last 5 years, 4 times in the last 2 years since getting a new engine. I was breaking down on the freeway about 2x a year, everything was blamed on oil consumption after several fixes and "safety bulletin" fixes Honda agreed to replace my small block since I had purchased the extended warranty. Since receiving by new small block I have been stranded or limped my vehicle to the dealer 4x from a busy metropolitan freeway in the bay area and still received an oil consumption explanation. At one point I was told that I needed to be checking the oil in my 2 year old vehicle every time I pumped gas, umm NO I am not making a payment on a new vehicle to treat it like a 1970 Nova. Im now at 100k miles and am still breaking down. I know have unexplained engine issues that the codes will not translate. I feel like I am the one in a million people that hate Honda and have had a horrible experience. I am convinced it has to do with the fact that I got the V6 instead just the basic 4cylinder!

Great car with minor faults
By tominnh

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2010 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 for 5 1/2 years. Outside of the rear brake issue that Honda had with this model, I have nothing but praise for this car. It's has smooth and quick acceleration. It's well put together and nothing has gone wrong mechanically. It's classified as a large car so there's plenty of room everywhere. Gas mileage is acceptable and on a 1400 mile trip I got 26.5 MPG thanks to the cylinder deactivation feature. My only real gripes are that the compass is useless. Whenever the car goes under an underpass that has electrical conduits under it, the compass goes haywire. Over the years, it seems to me that driver seats got so hard that a I had to get a cushion.

Acceleration, smooth highway ride, cylinder deactivation, freedom from mechanical issues. I just do the maintenance and that's it.

Fix the hard drivers seat and make the auto-dimming mirror with compass standard. The car could be quieter with more insulation instead of the noise cancellation feature which makes installing an after market stereo problematic. I have one installed (I'm 67) and Id rather hear the noise of the stereo that the wind noise. Id buy another Accord Coupe in a heart beat if those issues were dealt with.

VCM problems
By plymouthma

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

@ 40,000 car had fouled spark plugs from oil leak, got software update, then again burned too much oil fouled spark plugs and needed new small engine block @ 70,000. Honda paid for this after class action lawsuit. Now @ 105,000 the catalytic converter gone, I am told converters usually last the life of car unless fouled by oil. Honda won't take any responsibility for it. They have sold me my last Honda.

none

do not buy this car or have the manufacturer take responsibility for their bad engine design

Still love it!
By whitegloves

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought 7/2010 for mechanical reliability, that's what I've gotten so far. Not a single problem there, not even a funny noise. Snappy, responsive engine; handles firm and tight. Good visibility compared to others in category. Great family car, roomy backseat/huge trunk. Fantastic sound system but totally unusable at freeway speeds due to Honda's legendary high level of road noise transmission. Also don't like: headlights weak in intensity and range; seat comfort = meh; no fuel economy data readout; headrests from hell (but other brands worse); steering-wheel wrap turning color ever so slightly, developing a dark purplish cast to the original charcoal -- but only I can see it apparently.

Great pickup even at freeway speeds. Engine sounds powerful, and nice horn too (can you tell I'm a child of the 60s -- how it sounds is as important as how it looks). Solid cornering, especially nice on all the darned roundabouts. Sharp styling and they weren't stingy with chrome. Build feels solid, fit-and-finish is impressive. I was glad they offered a color (Bold Beige Metallic) besides what everybody else has (white, black, silver, toy-car red or toy-car blue.

Do something about the road noise. Improve headlight intensity and coverage. Add turning lamps. Re-design the headrests so they don't push the head forward. More adjustments on seat, especially drivers seat. Use better quality wiper blades such as RainX instead of the factory ones -- they were so ineffective I replaced them after a few weeks.

not as reliable as expected
By jmsms

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

at 45000 miles began having popping and crunching sounds from the front end especially in hot weather and at 48k took it in to get looked at and was told that the front end ball joints were bad and also that the rear brakes were gone and rotors needed resurfacing. Now reading about Hondas and ball joint failures on the web, but this seems awfully premature. I have not had ball joint issues like this even in cars that I have kept over 100k(no previous Hondas). Some of these failures can be catastrophic. I had thought to keep this car and give it to one of my kids to take to college but now I am not so sure. Apparently a design flaw from what I have been reading.

V6 nice, smooth, good power. Like the way it drives. seems to have pretty good build quality for what I paid for the vehicle.

issue with brakes, suspension as stated. interior dome lights have issues of reliability as well and are difficult to service/replace bulbs.