Used 2010 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda Envy
By Marci Ko

2010 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Keep hearing radio ads for Honda where they talk about Honda Envy. I have Honda envy when I see people driving Toyota or Mazdas. My brakes went way before any car I have owned in 36 years of driving. I have to add oil every 1500-1800 miles. The dealer is telling me going down less than a qt per 1000 miles is industry standard! Be warned.

Great car - avoid it anyway
By welltraveled

2010 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car used with 35,000 miles on it; the car burned a quart of oil in 1,000 miles consistently. Check engine light came on and the car began running rough on a long trip; stopped into a Honda dealership who told us that there was a class action lawsuit over this car, and Honda extended the warranty for this issue to 8 years / unlimited mileage. The piston rings fail and oil enters the engine. This fouls the spark plugs, and the engine fails. Remedy was to rebuild the engine with new rings, gaskets, etc. - four days worth of work. No guarantee that the issue won't recur, so I would avoid this car. This is my second Accord and third Honda / Acura. Disappointing.

The car is comfortable and is REALLY fast. It has great gas mileage on long trips, and the controls are easy to get to and very readable. Seating is comfortable - front and back - and the trunk is spacious. Handling is great.

As an audiophile, the high - end stereo is terrible. However the biggest issue is the engine and the oil consumption.

Check Engine Light and Repair costs
By capitals1

2010 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Since this summer, my 2010 V6 Honda Accord has been in the shop for well over 2 weeks. The check engine light comes on and after reading of others' experiences, I just drive it to the dealership before it lets me sit. We have spent a minimum of $700 for each repair. Very disappointed and will not buy a Honda again because I purchased it for reliability and going the distance. My old Dodge gave me 250,000 reliable miles and this car starting having issues a little before I hit 100,000 miles.

Service department needs to recognize that something is wrong that they are not catching when the check engine light comes on 4 times in 3 months with expensive repairs every time.

Hidden Gem
By jrasero23

2010 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Odd to say an Accord is a hidden gem, but Honda sells thousands of more 4 door sedans compared to the 2 door coupes, so its easy to overlook the coupe.
The coupe is 70% mid size sedan and 30% sports car.
No one will ever think the Accord is a sports car, but with its sporty coupe shape, Bentley like back, and aggressive front the coupe looks great.
Pair the coupe up with a V6 and you have 271 HP to whip you around.
Where the coupe falls short from a sports car is steering which is numb and while the VCM saves gas, acceleration isn't always 100% smooth with the auto.
By far the Accord coupe has one of the biggest backs and trunks for a coupe.

Style: Bentley like taillights, aggressive front, and great lines Power: 271 HP 3.4 liter V6 Reliability: it's a Honda and mine has 42,000 miles with no problems

Little things such as: MPG meter mirror turn signals Bluetooth Audio Leather is a bit cheap Front has way too many buttons steering is numb

Sexy Beast
By nairad

2010 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. This is the first car I have even owned and it has so far been a perfect match for me. It is sleek and stylish with a very fierce look to it. I bought her used and have so far had no problems. She drive like a champion, and I dare say, quite like a mustang (drove one a lot in drivers ed) . This baby is able to take some fast corners without loosing any traction! Great breaks and the dash is very well organized. I can reach out and instantly know where the button I'm looking for is.
I cant wait to test her out in some snow.

Sleek and stylish fierce look, great handling, great on the gas for a v6

As much as I would love to say the car is perfect, I do wish she had a sharper turning radius. I'm still use to my dads outback's ability to turn on a dime.