Used 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Very pleased
By Phil

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my coupe in April, after having 2 Accord sedans ('91 and '01). Both earlier ones were 4 cyl 5 speed manual. I decided for the 6 cyl manual. The dealership made the purchase FUN and the car is awesome. My mileage (mostly highway, 70 to 80 mph) is in the high 20's and the performance is great. It is NOT a race car, but I've yet to have a performance or handling problem. The AC works well (100+ degrees); the windshield wipers work well in heavy downpours; it doesn't leak. The only complaint is the inside of the windshield and rear window attract a deposit which is difficult to clean off and returns in a few days. I really enjoy the car!

engine, drivability, mileage

memory seats, more color choice for interior (I hate black leather and would prefer tan or maybe ivory with the silver exterior)

Just love it
By fatoldpig

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just love this car. After I recked my previous car (1997 Honda Prelude, bought brand new, recked at 200K miles, so sad..), I was looking for a similar car since Honda discontinued Prelude (don't know why, it was such a great, very very reliable car. Dear Honda, please bring back Prelude). Test drove Accura TSX, Infinity G37S etc until I saw and test drove Accord V6 coupe and immediately fell in love with the car. Since I only wanted a black manual shift version, I couldn't find one to test drive the manual version. Luckily one dealer found one nearby and I was so happy. Though I still miss my Prelude, I'm very happy with this car. Hope to keep it for a long time.

Looks great, love the power and the way it shifts (very smooth). Aux port to connect my external music player. Heated seat is a plus

Gas mileage, cell phone blue tooth function is pain to use, most of the time it does not recognize the name or number already stored.

Great Car
By rjl

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Traded my Acura TL S 2003. Wanted to buy a new TL but design (UGH). Anyway, this car has been fantastic. Road noise not a problem and seats are comfortable. Just drove a 600 mile trip and got 29 hwy. I feel like I got my money worth especially considering the $13K I probably saved on not buying Acura or Lexus.

6 speed is great performing transmission. Gets lots of looks for its styling. Comfortable seat, I am 6 foot 4.

The MP3 connection is awkward. Also, the heated seats button is hard to reach due to the shift.

Very Hard To Get - But Worth It!
By David

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Finding a 6mt coupe was more difficult than finding Bigfoot. Had to order this car as there were simply none on dealership lots in a 5 state radius. Luckily car was already being built for another dealership, so they traded cars with my dealership, therefore only had to wait 3 weeks for the car to be built. Honda is slowly eliminating manual transmission cars from the US market, so if you want one of these get it while you still can. As frustrating as it was to buy, the end result is a car that is beautiful to look at, comfortable, and lots of fun to drive. Goes like stink (powerful engine), transmission is a joy to shift and the clutch has a natural, progressive take up. Car is a keeper!

Seat comfort (power lumbar support is a boon for bad lower backs like mine), engine power!, head-turning exterior, sound system (not the best, but very good for OEM), steering feel, ride comfort, relatively quiet interior, very spacious trunk for a coupe, smooth shifter/clutch, decent gas mileage.

RWD would have been better like the new Genesis coupe, needs a limited slip differential like the Civic Si, auto-dimming mirror for EX-L coupe also (only sedan gets this option for some reason), keyless entry w/push button starter, shorter turning radius, Xenon head lights for EX-L model, that's it!

Honda lives up to its reputation
By NavVet

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

What a fun car to drive. Went in to trade our 2003TL type S for a CRV. While there decided to drive the Accords too, and on a fluke drove the 6 spd man Accord Coupe. More power than the Acura, and more fun to drive. Back seat is OK in a pinch, but the kids are gone, so it wasn't really needed. Shifting and clutch and very smooth. Car is laid out right, and with the 271 hp 6 it is fun. There was a limit on available colors, seems most with the manuals came in black. Looks good, just shows the dirt.

Power, transmission, ride, handling, dash layout.

I do miss the memory seat positions as in the the Acura, but not that big of a deal as the wife and I don't trade cars often.