Used 2010 Honda Accord EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Really Bad Car
By David

2010 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's hard to believe that Honda's are reliable. This car has had so many problems so far, and I only have 6K miles. Brakes vibrate, steering wheel shimmies (yup, most likely rotors, but dealer is baffled as always). Build quality is sub-par. Dashboard top shelf is warped like a wave, but dealer says all are like this. Glove box hangs down about a centimeter, and that's after being "corrected". Engine whine is annoying at best, maddening at worst. Car has no power, not get up and go. The AC pump vibrates the car at idle. It's crude and unrefined. My wife hates the front seat. At highway speed, there are gaps where air comes through and you can hear it! 22 mpg really poor for a car this slow.

Steering wheel. Roominess. Good for family.

Coming from a VW, I thought Honda was a safe bet. I was so wrong. This is an unreliable, poorly designed and built vehicle. Focus on details, Honda! Focus on quality, Honda. Focus on your customers, Honda. Dealership is terrible, incompetent. I'm going back to Mazda without a doubt.

3rd Accord
By dgalliher

2010 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased my 3rd Accord, and first new one. Took a while to find an EX with the manual gearbox. I'm coming out of a 99 LX, so it's a bit of an adjustment. Awesome car though, fun to drive, great on gas, huge interior, comfortable, good build quality. Would buy again!

Best stick shift and clutch I've driven to date, awesome gas mileage, quieter than my last one, massive back seat, car looks sharp in black with ivory, very good handling for a full size car. Took a week to get used to the very firm and supportive seats but they're great now. Car is fun to drive!

Sound system is a bit weak (my '99 4 speaker LX stereo was better), drive-by-wire throttle takes getting used to (not as snappy as the '99), heavier car = slightly slower acceleration, would have loved a USB port, Bluetooth, and/or a split-folding rear seat as opposed to a one-piece design.

Buy if you like WHINE
By David

2010 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Coming from an unreliable 07 Passat, I expected this car to be reliable. Not so! As the car heats up, there is this awful mechanical whine/drone coming from the engine. It is a horrible sound and makes driving the car intolerable. That and the stereo crackles in the dashboard and is clearly very flimsy. I'm really disappointed so far. Otherwise, the car handles well, is balanced, has great suspension with good road feel. The EX manual is calibrated as it should be, but the car would benefit from joining the rest of the world by developing a 6 speed manual. Decent performance, not great. My kids love the back seat room, and the interior is open and airy feeling. But this car has me worried.

Lumbar support, ergonomics, steering wheel, steering feel, stereo sound, suspension, fuel economy. Great back seat room. Sunroof is great.

Odd, confused looking exterior. Terrible engine noise, stereo crackles in the dashboard. Give it 6 speeds, for crying out loud.