2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
not as reliable as expected
By jmsms on 07/04/14 06:12 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

at 45000 miles began having popping and crunching sounds from the front end especially in hot weather and at 48k took it in to get looked at and was told that the front end ball joints were bad and also that the rear brakes were gone and rotors needed resurfacing. Now reading about Hondas and ball joint failures on the web, but this seems awfully premature. I have not had ball joint issues like this even in cars that I have kept over 100k(no previous Hondas). Some of these failures can be catastrophic. I had thought to keep this car and give it to one of my kids to take to college but now I am not so sure. Apparently a design flaw from what I have been reading.

Poor Gas Mileage and Oil consumption
By slazar77 on 06/27/14 09:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2010 Accord V6, and i get anywhere between 14.5 - 15.5 mph. I drive in the city, do not accelerate fast, and only use Shell oil (87, sometimes 89). Tire pressure is always checked. Also, i do burn about 3/4-1 quart of oil about 1,000 miles. The dealership tells me that burning 1 quart of oil between 1,000 and 1,500 miles falls within Honda's guidelines. (Maybe they just changed the guidelines?? No other car seems to have this issue) Anybody experienced same issues. Anybody brought their car to the dealer for an "oil consumption test"? Beware buying this vehicle. It's an awesome car. But if i knew i would get an average of 15 mph, i wouldn't bought something else.

Hidden Gem
By jrasero23 on 04/16/14 14:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Odd to say an Accord is a hidden gem, but Honda sells thousands of more 4 door sedans compared to the 2 door coupes, so its easy to overlook the coupe. The coupe is 70% mid size sedan and 30% sports car. No one will ever think the Accord is a sports car, but with its sporty coupe shape, Bentley like back, and aggressive front the coupe looks great. Pair the coupe up with a V6 and you have 271 HP to whip you around. Where the coupe falls short from a sports car is steering which is numb and while the VCM saves gas, acceleration isn't always 100% smooth with the auto. By far the Accord coupe has one of the biggest backs and trunks for a coupe.

Sexy Beast
By nairad on 10/24/13 21:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. This is the first car I have even owned and it has so far been a perfect match for me. It is sleek and stylish with a very fierce look to it. I bought her used and have so far had no problems. She drive like a champion, and I dare say, quite like a mustang (drove one a lot in drivers ed) . This baby is able to take some fast corners without loosing any traction! Great breaks and the dash is very well organized. I can reach out and instantly know where the button I'm looking for is. I cant wait to test her out in some snow.

Honda used to mean quality
By pjinca1 on 09/26/13 09:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our 2010 Honda Accord has been pretty terrible. From panel gaps you can drive a truck through to the battery lasting less than 3yrs/40k miles. Andd now, the NAV is blank, dead, deceased, it is an Ex-NAV system. Pathetic considering the 3yr/36k mile warranty.

Can't trust this car
By frustrated2013 on 08/03/13 05:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2010 Accord for a little over three years. Just this year, I was told the oil was low so I needed a $125 software update. Within a couple of months, I was stranded on the highway with what Honda says was misfired spark plugs because of the low oil. Spark plugs changed software update re-done on June 1. By, July 7, oil was low again, I added a quart and then again around 2 weeks later. Last night noticed the car running rough, then it happened again. Check again light flashing car feeling like it was going to shut off. Off to the dealership we go....time to get rid of this clunker!!! I am so disappointed. Wish Honda would step up to the plate, Toyota did.

Honda Accord Reliability
By gimpus on 06/22/13 08:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2010 Accord is nothing but trouble. In t.5 years, I've experienced all the problems mentioned in the past blogs....oil consumption of 1 qt per 1000 miles is "normal". I purchased an Accord to do the exact opposite of what I am doing now--checking oil levels, spending time at the dealership letting mechanics tell me everything is within "parameters". Now I had to change brakes, deal with AC not getting cool, flashing check engine lights, wheel alignment problems; all in 2.5 years. I am a careful driver and 80% of the mileage was on highways. Avoid this car.

Disappointed
By honda2517 on 05/09/13 07:54 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase the V6 EX-L early in 2010. Starting at 40,000 the car started to "consume" oil. The dealer says that it is normal to "consume 1 quart per 1000 miles. This is completely ridiculous. People say well oil isn't that expensive, just add as needed. I am concerned about the long term reliability. I am also appalled that all the service people at the dealer say it is normal. This is a company problem and I will not own another Honda.

Buyer Beware!
By tflower on 04/16/13 13:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a three time Honda buyer because of the reliability of the vehicles. This car has major issues with oil consumption due to poor engine design. At three years old and 50K the engine has to be replaced. I had the oil changed 4 weeks prior and the car started running rough and check engine light came on. There was not any oil on the dipstick! Honda knows there is a problem but has not issued any warnings or recalls. The fact that they are not forthcoming has really angered me. This is not Honda quality or reliability. Buyer beware and do your research before buying this vehicle.

Bad car no dealer support
By dennisrk on 12/25/12 16:37 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2010 Accord uses oil 1liter every 4000 km, gas milage is very poor 9.5 km to the liter best I ever got on a trip.The bumpers are a different color than the rest of the car.Dealer blames milage on blended fuel ,I get 8km to the liter with my f150 4wheel drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Accord in VA is:

$133 per month*