2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Sexy Beast
By nairad on 10/24/13 21:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. This is the first car I have even owned and it has so far been a perfect match for me. It is sleek and stylish with a very fierce look to it. I bought her used and have so far had no problems. She drive like a champion, and I dare say, quite like a mustang (drove one a lot in drivers ed) . This baby is able to take some fast corners without loosing any traction! Great breaks and the dash is very well organized. I can reach out and instantly know where the button I'm looking for is. I cant wait to test her out in some snow.

Honda used to mean quality
By pjinca1 on 09/26/13 09:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our 2010 Honda Accord has been pretty terrible. From panel gaps you can drive a truck through to the battery lasting less than 3yrs/40k miles. Andd now, the NAV is blank, dead, deceased, it is an Ex-NAV system. Pathetic considering the 3yr/36k mile warranty.

Can't trust this car
By frustrated2013 on 08/03/13 05:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2010 Accord for a little over three years. Just this year, I was told the oil was low so I needed a $125 software update. Within a couple of months, I was stranded on the highway with what Honda says was misfired spark plugs because of the low oil. Spark plugs changed software update re-done on June 1. By, July 7, oil was low again, I added a quart and then again around 2 weeks later. Last night noticed the car running rough, then it happened again. Check again light flashing car feeling like it was going to shut off. Off to the dealership we go....time to get rid of this clunker!!! I am so disappointed. Wish Honda would step up to the plate, Toyota did.

Honda Accord Reliability
By gimpus on 06/22/13 08:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2010 Accord is nothing but trouble. In t.5 years, I've experienced all the problems mentioned in the past blogs....oil consumption of 1 qt per 1000 miles is "normal". I purchased an Accord to do the exact opposite of what I am doing now--checking oil levels, spending time at the dealership letting mechanics tell me everything is within "parameters". Now I had to change brakes, deal with AC not getting cool, flashing check engine lights, wheel alignment problems; all in 2.5 years. I am a careful driver and 80% of the mileage was on highways. Avoid this car.

Disappointed
By honda2517 on 05/09/13 07:54 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase the V6 EX-L early in 2010. Starting at 40,000 the car started to "consume" oil. The dealer says that it is normal to "consume 1 quart per 1000 miles. This is completely ridiculous. People say well oil isn't that expensive, just add as needed. I am concerned about the long term reliability. I am also appalled that all the service people at the dealer say it is normal. This is a company problem and I will not own another Honda.

Buyer Beware!
By tflower on 04/16/13 13:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a three time Honda buyer because of the reliability of the vehicles. This car has major issues with oil consumption due to poor engine design. At three years old and 50K the engine has to be replaced. I had the oil changed 4 weeks prior and the car started running rough and check engine light came on. There was not any oil on the dipstick! Honda knows there is a problem but has not issued any warnings or recalls. The fact that they are not forthcoming has really angered me. This is not Honda quality or reliability. Buyer beware and do your research before buying this vehicle.

Bad car no dealer support
By dennisrk on 12/25/12 16:37 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2010 Accord uses oil 1liter every 4000 km, gas milage is very poor 9.5 km to the liter best I ever got on a trip.The bumpers are a different color than the rest of the car.Dealer blames milage on blended fuel ,I get 8km to the liter with my f150 4wheel drive.

Thank GOD for Lemon Laws!
By santaclaus on 03/20/12 10:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased the car in early 2010. In August of that same year it spent 12 days in the shop with engine and PCM problems. In December again back to the dealer for PCM problems. In August of 2011 the engine blew up while driving at 30MPH in residential area. At that point Honda refused to continue fixing the piece of crap. I had to go through all the hoops of the Lemon Law process in order to force them to take it back. Owned it for 26 months.....the car was broken for eight of those

2010 Accord
By burguy on 01/30/12 15:36 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new & have owned a little over two years now. Sixth Accord we have owned since 1989. The car is all Honda, except for the road noise. We have had the car back to the dealer multiple times and they finally said the V6 is just noisy. "after all, it's not a Lexus" We were told that "this is a common complaint and the 4 cyl. is much quiter". I think it will be a great car mechanically, but we are trading it in at 30 months and about 30,000 miles. Move over Honda, we are going to look at the '13 Camry & maybe the ES350.

V6 Oil Consumption
By thechiefusaf on 11/07/11 06:30 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle from day one used oil --The break in oil, used by Honda had to be drained and changed in less than 2000 miles Honda attempted several fixes then says its normal to burn one quart every 1000 miles!! My lawnmower does better than that. My old Toyota with almost 200,000 does not burn oil--It will rust out first. The maintance reminder is a joke as it is suppose to get to 15% before oil changes it never gets below 50% and there is no oil reading on stick. I have checked this on line and its a big problem with Honda as reflected by many many other owners. My plan is to use the Lemon Law and possibly use Chapter 93A in Massachusetts against American Honda.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Accord in NJ is:

$227 per month*