Used 2010 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great car with minor faults
By tominnh

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2010 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 for 5 1/2 years. Outside of the rear brake issue that Honda had with this model, I have nothing but praise for this car. It's has smooth and quick acceleration. It's well put together and nothing has gone wrong mechanically. It's classified as a large car so there's plenty of room everywhere. Gas mileage is acceptable and on a 1400 mile trip I got 26.5 MPG thanks to the cylinder deactivation feature. My only real gripes are that the compass is useless. Whenever the car goes under an underpass that has electrical conduits under it, the compass goes haywire. Over the years, it seems to me that driver seats got so hard that a I had to get a cushion.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, smooth highway ride, cylinder deactivation, freedom from mechanical issues. I just do the maintenance and that's it.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the hard drivers seat and make the auto-dimming mirror with compass standard. The car could be quieter with more insulation instead of the noise cancellation feature which makes installing an after market stereo problematic. I have one installed (I'm 67) and Id rather hear the noise of the stereo that the wind noise. Id buy another Accord Coupe in a heart beat if those issues were dealt with.

VCM problems
By plymouthma

2010 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

@ 40,000 car had fouled spark plugs from oil leak, got software update, then again burned too much oil fouled spark plugs and needed new small engine block @ 70,000. Honda paid for this after class action lawsuit. Now @ 105,000 the catalytic converter gone, I am told converters usually last the life of car unless fouled by oil. Honda won't take any responsibility for it. They have sold me my last Honda.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

do not buy this car or have the manufacturer take responsibility for their bad engine design

Great car - avoid it anyway
By welltraveled

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car used with 35,000 miles on it; the car burned a quart of oil in 1,000 miles consistently. Check engine light came on and the car began running rough on a long trip; stopped into a Honda dealership who told us that there was a class action lawsuit over this car, and Honda extended the warranty for this issue to 8 years / unlimited mileage. The piston rings fail and oil enters the engine. This fouls the spark plugs, and the engine fails. Remedy was to rebuild the engine with new rings, gaskets, etc. - four days worth of work. No guarantee that the issue won't recur, so I would avoid this car. This is my second Accord and third Honda / Acura. Disappointing.

Favorite Features

The car is comfortable and is REALLY fast. It has great gas mileage on long trips, and the controls are easy to get to and very readable. Seating is comfortable - front and back - and the trunk is spacious. Handling is great.

Suggested Improvements

As an audiophile, the high - end stereo is terrible. However the biggest issue is the engine and the oil consumption.

Check Engine Light and Repair costs
By capitals1

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Since this summer, my 2010 V6 Honda Accord has been in the shop for well over 2 weeks. The check engine light comes on and after reading of others' experiences, I just drive it to the dealership before it lets me sit. We have spent a minimum of $700 for each repair. Very disappointed and will not buy a Honda again because I purchased it for reliability and going the distance. My old Dodge gave me 250,000 reliable miles and this car starting having issues a little before I hit 100,000 miles.

Suggested Improvements

Service department needs to recognize that something is wrong that they are not catching when the check engine light comes on 4 times in 3 months with expensive repairs every time.

Still love it!
By whitegloves

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought 7/2010 for mechanical reliability, that's what I've gotten so far. Not a single problem there, not even a funny noise. Snappy, responsive engine; handles firm and tight. Good visibility compared to others in category. Great family car, roomy backseat/huge trunk. Fantastic sound system but totally unusable at freeway speeds due to Honda's legendary high level of road noise transmission. Also don't like: headlights weak in intensity and range; seat comfort = meh; no fuel economy data readout; headrests from hell (but other brands worse); steering-wheel wrap turning color ever so slightly, developing a dark purplish cast to the original charcoal -- but only I can see it apparently.

Favorite Features

Great pickup even at freeway speeds. Engine sounds powerful, and nice horn too (can you tell I'm a child of the 60s -- how it sounds is as important as how it looks). Solid cornering, especially nice on all the darned roundabouts. Sharp styling and they weren't stingy with chrome. Build feels solid, fit-and-finish is impressive. I was glad they offered a color (Bold Beige Metallic) besides what everybody else has (white, black, silver, toy-car red or toy-car blue.

Suggested Improvements

Do something about the road noise. Improve headlight intensity and coverage. Add turning lamps. Re-design the headrests so they don't push the head forward. More adjustments on seat, especially drivers seat. Use better quality wiper blades such as RainX instead of the factory ones -- they were so ineffective I replaced them after a few weeks.