Used 2010 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

After 4 Years, Not Impressed
By jhill

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a used 2010 EXL off lease where one would assume minimal issues. I got sucked into "It's a Honda, you won't have to worry about anything!" Needless to say, that was not my experience.

In my opinion, the car is unpleasant to drive and very noisy. There is so much wind noise that you can't even use the Bluetooth radio feature because no one can hear you! The stock Michelins were loud and I replaced them with supposedly a more quiet tire and it did little to improve Road noise.

The brakes should be recalled. I spent over 1k trying to get them fixed and then finally replaced. Mine rewarped twice before deciding to replace them. Honda could care less about this even though every single owner had the issue. If you buy one of this year model make sure they are fixed.

The electronics use a lot of battery. Found this out when I was working in the car on a few occasions. 20 minutes of radio equals not enough power to start the car. Always fun trying to find someone to jump you. The battery tested fine at the dealership.

I also had dumb things like 2 door locks that went bad. I couldn't open either passenger door without manually unlocking first. Another stupid thing that went wrong at $200 a piece.

To top it all off, Honda didn't manufacture the transmission with a basic filter so it is recommended to change the fluid more often. Every other manufacturer has this, but in their genius engineering, decided to eliminate a basic feature that can avoid costly transmission repairs. The reviews about people losing their transmission are likely due to this.

All in all, this car was not worth the money. It is unrefined and not as reliable as their reputation would lead you to believe. There are much nicer cars that can be had for less money.

started consume oil after 64K miles
By Anatoli

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L started consume oil after 64K miles and engine started make weird sounds. Honda Dealer said its ok, you can drive it! Never will buy Honda again!

2010 Honda Accord EX 4 cyl.
By Jason Quade

2010 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Leased the car new, and then purchased based on trade in value. Very good mileage. Was overall a solid car with minor issues that were not addressed by Honda during visits. The car had issues with some gaskets causing cross contamination between oil and coolant systems covered under warranty. Poor range/life with the keyless entry was replaced several times under warranty, but you still need to be within 20 feet of the car to open/close locks. The engine made rattling noises at startup from the day I purchased it. Once warm, the care would not make the noise. Several years later a TBS was put out for a faulty VTC actuator that Honda will not honor. Top that off with the fact that the car burns 3/4 quart of oil every 1000 miles (Honda warranties require 1 full quart per 1000 miles for warranty claim) and this is not a good option for anyone looking to purchase a used vehicle. Other minor issues are uncomfortable seating (forward fixed position head rests), noisy AC fan (would not cover under warranty), noisy drive in general, lights went out in dash (5 years is common according to Honda service) and repairs at a dealer are absolutely insane ($200 for swap out bulbs in center console, $650 for front brake replacement only, etc.)

I believe the Honda products have fallen off. Family friends Fusion was the same price and features (some extras) and the car is holding up much better mechanically and resale value.

2010 Accord LX Sedan - 83,000 miles of reliable tr
By Adam Zaharchuk

2010 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very reliable, has needed no mechanical repairs. Only oil & fluid changes, tires and brake pads. Drives and handles great! Very comfortable seating. High quality interior (for the most part). What I don't like: plastic wheel covers chip very easily, and after 83,000 miles, the steel wheels behind the wheel covers are discolored. The window belt molding has been replaced on all four windows as the rubber that was used has basically disintegrated. Unacceptable for a Honda that is only five years old. The paint is also of very poor quality. I have the dark gray color, and gave recently started to notice some very slight oxidation. The paint also chips fairly easily, especially on the front of the car/hood area. The headlight housings are also of poor quality. They have already started to haze up. I am tall (6'3") and when I enter the car, my knees tend to hit the dashboard.

Accord EXL v6 wNavigation-Love it
By Simon

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Specification of my car
Honda Accord EXLV6 Navigation
Color Black
Leather Seats
Michellin Pilot original tires
Miles put on the car 644288 miles of highway driving

Let me touchwood, I have owned Honda Accord 1991 and used it for 12 years with 275K miles and it was running like new, I just donated it because I felt that someone who needs ot could use it for another 250k miles.,and in 2010 Oct bought another Honda Accord but this time with some bells and whistles like Navigation leayher seats V6 some luxury. on 2015 Oct me and my car celebrated our 5 year anniversary, I never took it to dealership for mainainance even though they sold me the extended mainainance package (I was a sucker), Just changed my nreak pads once because of mountain driving. Original tirea still looking good will change in anothwr 5000 miles and uae thr full warranty of Michellin Pilot tires.

I would like to know suggestions what other ownera think of replacement tirea should i stick with michellin or try Bridgestone?

I intended to drive thos baby for another. 10years and this time. I am going to enjoy it