Used 2010 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

No problems in five years
By Mike in Boston

2010 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car new five years (41,000 miles) ago. It has not needed a single trip to the shop except for oil changes and tire rotation/alignments. Acceleration is sufficient to merge and pass on the highway. Won't win any drag races, but at this stage of life I am more concerned with fitting three baby seats across the back seat, which is no problem with this car. I am completely satisfied. What I'm dissatisfied with is this stupid edmunds.com Web site, which refuses to allow me to enter a New England ZIP code starting with 0. It highlights it in red every single time, even if I delete the leading zero.

Disillusioned
By Michael F. Kelly

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Most disappointed. At 50,000 problems with coil, not once, but twice before 64,000. Cracked spark plug in addition to front end problems. Perhaps Honda needs to keep manufacturing in Japan or stick to four cylinder engines.

BUYER BEWARE
By Ashley Chalmers

2010 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Do not buy 2008-2010 Honda accords! There is a defect with the engine. You can read about it here http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/1713-honda-accord-oil-defect-class-action-lawsuit/ I bought my car "gently" used 7 months ago and am having all of these issues. Honda was kind enough to replace my engine block, but all other damages and bills incurred BECAUSE of the initial issue with the engine fall back on me. Cause I'm the sucker who purchased a vehicle from a "reputable" dealership, trusting that they'd put me in something SAFE and RELIABLE. I learned my lesson. Currently looking at trade in value of my vehicle. Will NEVER purchase Honda again.

Ridiculously Dissapointing
By Courtney

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a first time Honda buyer. Purchased this vehicle with the knowledge that I commute 100 miles a day. Wanted something large enough to contain passengers comfortably and was reliable and going to give me a decent amount of years before needing to purchase a new vehicle. I have had nothing but problems from about 20k miles. It has had several "safety bulletins", basically Honda recognizes there is an issue and doesn't fix the problem until you are in the dealer complaining or broke down and have been towed in. I have broken down 7 times in the last 5 years, 4 times in the last 2 years since getting a new engine. I was breaking down on the freeway about 2x a year, everything was blamed on oil consumption after several fixes and "safety bulletin" fixes Honda agreed to replace my small block since I had purchased the extended warranty. Since receiving by new small block I have been stranded or limped my vehicle to the dealer 4x from a busy metropolitan freeway in the bay area and still received an oil consumption explanation. At one point I was told that I needed to be checking the oil in my 2 year old vehicle every time I pumped gas, umm NO I am not making a payment on a new vehicle to treat it like a 1970 Nova. Im now at 100k miles and am still breaking down. I know have unexplained engine issues that the codes will not translate. I feel like I am the one in a million people that hate Honda and have had a horrible experience. I am convinced it has to do with the fact that I got the V6 instead just the basic 4cylinder!

Great car with minor faults
By tominnh

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2010 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 for 5 1/2 years. Outside of the rear brake issue that Honda had with this model, I have nothing but praise for this car. It's has smooth and quick acceleration. It's well put together and nothing has gone wrong mechanically. It's classified as a large car so there's plenty of room everywhere. Gas mileage is acceptable and on a 1400 mile trip I got 26.5 MPG thanks to the cylinder deactivation feature. My only real gripes are that the compass is useless. Whenever the car goes under an underpass that has electrical conduits under it, the compass goes haywire. Over the years, it seems to me that driver seats got so hard that a I had to get a cushion.

Acceleration, smooth highway ride, cylinder deactivation, freedom from mechanical issues. I just do the maintenance and that's it.

Fix the hard drivers seat and make the auto-dimming mirror with compass standard. The car could be quieter with more insulation instead of the noise cancellation feature which makes installing an after market stereo problematic. I have one installed (I'm 67) and Id rather hear the noise of the stereo that the wind noise. Id buy another Accord Coupe in a heart beat if those issues were dealt with.