2009 Honda Accord Consumer Review: They finally got it right!

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

They finally got it right!
By conquerer77 on

2009 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the following: 1994 Accord LX Coupe; 2005 Toyota Camry LE; and now, 2009 Accord LX Sedan with 5-speed manual. My new car was bought after much detailed and painstaking research. Issues with past Accords that kept me away: Road noise, stiffness of ride, high price, arrogant dealerships. I got lucky by finding a good dealer that gave me good value on 05 Camry. Camrys started to have an issue with valves rattling (70K miles!), so I may have had a lemon. It was a refined vehicle, and the ride in my new Honda is a only a touch louder and harsher, . But I get better mileage, more agile, new suspension is wonderful. Close & tough choice, but made best decision. Looks more masculine !

Favorite Features

Buttery smooth manual tranny, polished metal exterior-beautiful color, roominess, handsome interior, telescoping steering wheel, multi-link & front wishbone suspension on open roads (little rough on bad pavement), cruise control easy to work, entry-luxury, resale value, & vast improvement over 03-07

Suggested Improvements

More insulation for road noise, better factory warranty, less integrated stereo/center console, better factory tires (all seasons are loud and cheap in construction), adding small items to LX that are standard on EX (trunk and hood inner lining, lighted 4 window buttons on driver's side, power seats)