2009 Honda Accord Consumer Review: The best Accord yet.

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

The best Accord yet.
By Michiganer on

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I originally planned to buy the 2.4L EXL I4 5MT coupe, but after seeing and driving the V6 6MT, I had to have it. The extra 2 grand gets you better looking wheels, Homelink, fog lights, integrated spoiler, dual exhaust, and some other small odds n ends make it worth the cost (since I would have wanted to upgrade the wheels and put fogs on the I4). The V6 also provides a great amount of power, but the I4 will suffice for most and is sufficient. I only wish that the 6MT had a taller 6th gear. I get the EPA rated 26 mpg, but I'm sure it could be better with a taller final drive while still being fast on the low end.

Standard fogs, 18" wheels, overall look, excellent fit and finish, V6 coupled with the sporty 6-speed tranny.

Make the passenger seat back heated (it isn't because of some side airbag stuff), make the 6th gear taller for better fuel economy, revise the radio to make the volume knob the larger knob. The small nob doesn't seem logical for volume control.