2009 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Could Do Better

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX-L Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Could Do Better
By CGS on

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We picked the Honda because it was the least expensive car that gave us all of the features we wanted (standard, good size, leather, sun roof, good gas mileage, etc). I find it was more than a compromise for me and will look longer the next go around. I'm 56 and although my mind likes the idea of a standard, there's a reason 94% of cars nowadays are automatics (smile). I have a squeak in the steering column that annoying and my key fob is failing (all with very little use). The greatest drawback though is that the Accord is a lot noisier at highway speeds than it should be. I have six cars. This is the newest. And the noisiest. That shouldn't be in this day and age.

Comfortable space inside cabin. Good gas mileage for a larger sedan. Fairly tight suspension for back road driving but back seat passengers complained it was too "bumpy" (they felt what I didn't). Sound and heating systems were adequate.

A little too "plasticky". Bump up one notch like the older Accords. Much more outside noise control- a real drawback compared to the competition. The 4 cylinder standard is woefully underpowered in higher gears. I'd recommend splurging for the six as mileage is very close anyway.