2009 Honda Accord Consumer Review: No Rear Brakes

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

No Rear Brakes
By Loyal Honda Guy on

2009 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Good handling - solid performance - everything that you would expect from a Honda - my two sons are over 6 feet tall and there is plenty of leg room in the rear. And of course great gas mileage - however, watch out for the rear brakes on this car - I just had the car in for a 15,000 mile service and only had 5% left on the rear brakes - the mechanic told me the brake pad is a 1 inch by 1 inch pad that wears out every 12k-15k miles - Honda claims they are aware of the problem but no recall or service warranty issued by Honda yet? That is why I got rid of my Suburban - undersized brakes for the car - now it seems I have the same problem with a Honda??? Unheard of.

Body style is very attractive - most people comment that the car really does not look like a Honda - large and stylish body for a Honda - good leg room overall - seems to have plenty of interior space - heater and A/C unit appear to work just fine as well as the stereo - comfortable ride overall.

Rear brakes, rear brakes, rear brakes.