2009 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Best car I've ever owned

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

2009 Honda Accord

LX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Best car I've ever owned
By Michael in Chicago on

2009 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really didn't want to buy a new car; but my '95 Volvo had reached the point where the repairs it needed exceeded it's book value. So... There was no major decision in my purchase; all of the research I'd done came up with the same two answers: Honda or Toyota. I drove a Civic and was appalled. I drove an Accord and was astonished. It handled like a dream. The I-4 motor was powerful, smooth and quiet. The 5- speed gearbox was a joy. Looks, compared with the Camry...no contest. The dark grey metallic paint...Oooh baby! At highway speeds, it will go about 500 miles on a tank of gas. I bought two Accords that day. The 2009 I'm driving now...and the 2019 I'll replace it with.

Runs great, drives great, feels great. From most angles, looks great (like a 5-series Bimmer). I'm a fat old man, and I find the Accord very comfortable. They did go button happy with the center stack. Service calls have been a pleasure so far. I've just had it in twice for oil changes.

My biggest dislike with this Honda Accord is that they upsized it. This is called the "Inspire" in Japan. I would have preferred the "world" sized Accord (sold in the U.S. as the Acura TSX) Would also have preferred a 6-speed manual with the 4-cylinder.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review