2009 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Redheaded Stepchild

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Redheaded Stepchild
By Paul Beetz on

2009 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a new 2009 Honda Accord in Omaha NE. Gave it to my daughter for her birthday and She took it to college in San Antonio. The seat will not lock in 2 o'clock position well and sometimes just drops back while driving; and the brakes squeal, all before 2,000 miles. She took to Gunn Honda in San Antonio and they said the brake noise was from vibration (duh) and wouldn't fix it. The seat wouldn't misbehave at that time. I don't blame the original dealer. Honda Customer Service was not helpful and tried to tell me the seat dropping back was a feature. My initial impression is that the car is of poor quality and that Honda will not fix it. All this in under 2,000 miles.

The original dealer was great to work with and a 2008 Fit Sport has been trouble free. The 2009 Accord appeared to be a great car too, until the above mentioned safety problems soured the whole deal.

Own their mistakes and fix them. In my wildest dreams I never expected Honda to not take care of these problems. I am an attorney and am considering a class action lawsuit as this is a safety issue and the original dealer said other new Accords on the lot also have the same seat problem. Beware.