2009 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Quality, Quality, Reliability

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Quality, Quality, Reliability
By jarred on

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is true that most people who write reviews are the ones with problems, and they want/need to vent. Happy customers just enjoy their purchases. But still, reading some of the low reviews here makes you wonder: are those people for real? In my experience Honda is nothing but quality, quality and reliability. My wife and I bought our 2009 EX-L V6 accord with 44000 miles on it. The car drove like new from the dealer, and drives beautifully now, almost a year later. Everything works perfect, the doors close with a nice thud, the engine is smooth like butter. Steering is sooo precise, every switch and control operates with assurance. Seats are comfortable and we have no problem with brakes.

The engine is powerful, quiet and very smooth. 90% of the time I don't need to go above 2000 RPM to keep up with traffic. It nicely switches between 6 and 3 cylinders to save gas.

The only thing I wish for would be less road noise. The engine is nice and quiet, it's the tires on highway driving that could be quieter, in the city it's fine. Also I found the steering wheel a little bit "too hard", so I put a soft cover on it, with a more rubbery grip.