Headrest from hell!
By tj99 on
2009 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I've had this card for just over two years. So far, the car has been fine mechanically. Had to fix a noise coming from the console, that took a while to resolve. But the absolute biggest complaint I have is the headrest. It pushes your head forward. During a recent vacation, I developed an aggravating pain in my neck and upper shoulders because of the way this headrest is designed. I was told it was required by law to prevent whip lash. Well, how about the problem it causes someone during everyday driving? I have this car on lease, and because of this, I will lease or buy another vehicle that has a headrest that pushes my head forward.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of the...headrest. Go back to a normal headrest. Tell government to shove it up there...
By markm1960
on 08/22/11 08:48 AM (PDT)

I had the same problem and couldn't drive the car for more than an hour without neck pain. 1) Bend the headrest forward as far as it will go several times, this loosened mine up a bit and it became more comfortable. 2) Try setting your seat to a more upright position, with your back less reclined. These two moves have really helped, I can drive for hours now without neck and upper shoulder issues. Hope it helps you.