2009 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Good, not great

2009 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Review

Good, not great
By Aaron in IL on

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first and probably only Honda. This was a want vs. need purchase. Coolest style V6 coupe w/o nav at under $30k MSRP (paid $26950) is main reason I chose this model. Good pickup, quiet motor and interior. Love the standard ipod adapter but the subwoofer is substandard! The trunk lid needs alignment, one speaker was bad, the passenger front seat needed to be tightened and there are two very visible paint blemishes on the pillar above the driver mirror all which were noted for correction by the dealer at delivery. Having said that, I feel the final factory pre-ship inspection was poor and I hope for better days ahead having driven only 600 miles. 23.5 overall mpg so far.

Favorite Features

Hot, hot style by far, engine smoothness, steering response, driver leg room and rear seat room very accommodating, perfect location for the standard ipod plug-in as well as it's own 12v plug right there

Suggested Improvements

Passenger front seat quality poor and should be power. Lose the 'ECO' blinky light, it's aggravating! Fewer A/C and stereo controls would be nicer. Honda trademark road noise STILL there! It's overcome by the hot 2dr style but THE reason I've always passed on their 4 door, favoring other makes.