2009 Honda Accord Consumer Review: First Time Accord Owner (EX-L)

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX-L Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

First Time Accord Owner (EX-L)
By car_nut2 on

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm a car afficionado, so I notice a lot of details. The pluses include great reliability (no probs after 57K), beautiful driveline (acceleration and smoothline) with the upline 189 HP EX-L engine, paint and leather holding up well, first Accord that had enough styling that I would consider getting one. The bad are EXCESSIVE body roll--I came from a sports sedan and in the Honda you simply cannot go around corner fast, it's like riding in a tall SUV. Excessive buttons--I still haven't changed the clock for daylight savings as I'm sick of opening the manual to learn the buttons for everything, rear end styling is droopy (front and side much nicer), ROAD NOISE, lack of any interior luxury.

Upline 189 HP 4 cylinder in EX-L, driveline (interaction of engine and tranny), reliability perfect after 56K (great job Honda), fuel economy, best exterior styling ever for an Accord by far (except of course the '13s which are improved even more), outward visibility, dealership experience has been positive (other than wanting to do excessive fluid changes), original price was a bargain compared to the sports sedan category I'm used to.

Add noise insulation, mount battery and other parts LOWER so the thing doesn't feel like it will tip over when going around a corner (I was amazed how poorly it handles after I bought it), quality of interior leather rather middle of the road (definitely not luxury quality), A/C only average so please make more powerful, changing clock requires opening manual, would like more FRONT leg room (the back is great but I'm tall UP FRONT), speakers are garbage compared to lux-sports sedan class I'm used to (Really poor), in this year model bluetooth and push button start were not included. If the Mazda dealer wasn't a pain I was going to buy that, but got angry and bought Honda. Probably goodmove