2009 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Come On Honda

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

2009 Honda Accord

LX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Come On Honda
By pieceofchum on

2009 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I would never recommend a Honda Accord 2009+. My 2009 Accord LX is at best sub par for Honda. I have had 3 other Honda vehicles and they were all excellent except this one. The rear of the car squeeks terribly while going over bumps. The brakes feel like I am standing on a gym floor while 20 kids dribble basketballs - never had breaks that felt like this ever in any other vehicle. The seats are the most uncomfortable seats I have ever had in a vehicle, lumbar pushes into your back to much, the foam is way to stiff and the side bolsters too narrrow. Car vibrates with ac on at a stop.

The acceleration of the car is reasonable and smooth for a four cylinder. The handling is very nice for a car of this size and price. I like the new size of the vehicle. I like the dash and the controls for me the dash looks very sharp and is of decent quality (a little squeek from it but not terrible). The controls are inuitive and within comfortable reach. I love my stereo it is excellent.

Softer seats, manual adjustments for the side bolsters and lumbar support in the LX. Better brakes. Fix the interior rattles a Honda should be a solid vehicle. Fix the vibration at idle that should be a software change not a difficult fix. If Honda doesn't maintain it quality/reliability standards then there are far better vehicles and many used vehicles that people can buy. IMHO Subaru, Hyundai and Nissan/Infiniti are make way better sedans at this point than the Honda Accord. It is a shame I most likely will never buy another Honda.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review