Used 2009 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

It looks good, but that's it
By abray006

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car back in March and got a heck of a deal, but I have been very disappointed by the quality, noise, and most of all the VCM technology. This car looks awesome from the outside and has decent interior, but Honda needs to go back to a simple engine and have a 6 speed automatic for fuel economy. The VCM is constantly hunting and car jerks when its coming to a stop. The automatic transmission can't keep up with a sporty drive and the handling is to tight for my taste. I was sold on looks and should have gotten into a more solid all around car.

Exterior Style

Get rid of the VCM. Use more metal and not plastic. Give the 2 door some special sport tuner transmission such as a Subaru. Add a keyless on button. This car needs more technology to keep up with Nissan and Toyota. Costs to much for what you get.

This car saved my life!
By chipperchick

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was struck on my driver's side by a drunk driver going 50mph three weeks ago and I emerged without a scratch! This car is built like a tank (she was driving a Volvo). I LOVE this car and have thoroughly enjoyed it for the last 18 months. It's very eye-catching -- I catch people staring into it when it's parked and they're always shocked to learn it's an accord (I bought the red -- so pretty). Yes, I'm really this shallow... The ONLY thing I would suggest changing is the controls for the heat. It's hard for me to reach the heater control without having to lean way over. But, that's virtually the ONLY thing I would change.

Great acceleration. Styling is amazing. I'll be driving this car for 10+ years for sure.

Again, just the heater controls.

Might as well buy a Fusion or Malibu
By Ken C

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Well, I have had this car about a week. The paint job is low quality and chips easily. The seats are uncomfortable. The transmission and suspension are sloppy and transmit vibrations throughout the car. And I am already scheduled for repairs. So much for the vaunted Honda reliability.

Do something about the unbelievably low quality paint job and drive train.

A wise 2-door coupe purchase
By Accordguy0325

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2009 Accord EX-L V6 coupe. I recently purchased the above car in crystal black pearl, with a black interior. In terms of exterior styling I personally believe it is one of Honda's best looking cars to date with its flowing lines, chrome accents, large wheels, and, expressive curves. I find the interior to be very luxurious, visually appealing, and very well put together. The textures and materials of the interior, especially the leather trim and aluminum look accents are of high quality. The power from the 3.5 liter V6 is smooth and strong, complimented by a perfect balance of sporty handling and a comfortable ride, all while being reasonably quiet. I highly recommend this car!

271 hp V6 power 18 inch wheels heated leather seats

More seamless VCM (variable cylinder management).

Great Car
By Mike A

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been a Honda owner since 1979 and my 2009 coupe is the classiest to date. I really enjoy driving it. It handles and brakes extremely well, but it lacks power/acceleration when passing cars on the highway. I'm sure a 6 cyl would be more responsive. I am not intimidated by the center dash controls and at night the cockpit looks very impressive.The leather seats are very comfortable and the diver seat controls make it easy to adjust. I am very impressed by the separate climate control system for the driver and passenger and the 6 CD stereo. I'm a little disappointed in the trunk space. I can just squeeze in my large golf bag and cart. Overall there is no other car that I would want.

Body style, and interior. Seat controls and comfort. Separate climate controls and Stereo,CD, and XM system. Solid feel in handling system. Heated seats. 17inch Rims are classy and I love the color red outside and tan inside.

Quicker response (better acceleration). Larger trunk space. Lacks a detect when going from drive "D" to "D3". Less noise when moon roof is open in back.