Used 2009 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

A wise 2-door coupe purchase
By Accordguy0325

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2009 Accord EX-L V6 coupe. I recently purchased the above car in crystal black pearl, with a black interior. In terms of exterior styling I personally believe it is one of Honda's best looking cars to date with its flowing lines, chrome accents, large wheels, and, expressive curves. I find the interior to be very luxurious, visually appealing, and very well put together. The textures and materials of the interior, especially the leather trim and aluminum look accents are of high quality. The power from the 3.5 liter V6 is smooth and strong, complimented by a perfect balance of sporty handling and a comfortable ride, all while being reasonably quiet. I highly recommend this car!

271 hp V6 power 18 inch wheels heated leather seats

More seamless VCM (variable cylinder management).

Great Car
By Mike A

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been a Honda owner since 1979 and my 2009 coupe is the classiest to date. I really enjoy driving it. It handles and brakes extremely well, but it lacks power/acceleration when passing cars on the highway. I'm sure a 6 cyl would be more responsive. I am not intimidated by the center dash controls and at night the cockpit looks very impressive.The leather seats are very comfortable and the diver seat controls make it easy to adjust. I am very impressed by the separate climate control system for the driver and passenger and the 6 CD stereo. I'm a little disappointed in the trunk space. I can just squeeze in my large golf bag and cart. Overall there is no other car that I would want.

Body style, and interior. Seat controls and comfort. Separate climate controls and Stereo,CD, and XM system. Solid feel in handling system. Heated seats. 17inch Rims are classy and I love the color red outside and tan inside.

Quicker response (better acceleration). Larger trunk space. Lacks a detect when going from drive "D" to "D3". Less noise when moon roof is open in back.

Love this car
By BMC

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I tested a lot of cars before I drove this one on a whim. I LOVE THIS CAR!!! It has great styling and awesome handling. I have the 6-speed manual and there is always plenty of power no matter what gear you are in. The car flies and is rock steady no matter what the speed. Everything seems well thought out. I am usually someone who gets a new car every 3 years, I have a feeling this one is a keeper.

Voice activated navigation. Handling. Uses regular unleaded. Exterior design. Tight finish. Value for my money.

Wind deflector on the sunroof vibrates once you hit 80. Power seat for front passenger. Memory Seats/mirrors.

Beware of the road noise
By scain

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

We have a Camry and Accord. Exterior styling of the Honda is great. But, we should have driven it longer. Road noise is horrible when about 40mph and you feel every bump in the road. So loud, it causes the Bluetooth calls to break up. Honda's Nav system is much better than Camry. Camry's ride is more like a Cadillac.

Nav system you can operate while you drive.

Make the car float like the Camry. If I wanted to ride on the ground, I would have purchased a sports car.

Power and Style for less $
By Brian in Louisiana

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Here is the breakdown: I've owned 6 Honda's (civic, preludes, accords). This car is more fun to drive than all those put together. I just traded in a '06 V6 Accord sedan 6 MT. Wanted something more sporty but dependable. Test drove a Lexus IS, Infiniti G37, and BMW 328i. All great in their own way. All at least 10K more than I paid for the Honda. Didn't make sense paying the extra change when the practical and fun choice was the Accord. Car has many extra features that are add-ons on the other cars. Car is black on black and it turns heads. Wasn't a big fan of the sedan design (little too big), but love the coupe. Before you buy any coupe in the 25-30K range, test drive this car!

Premium sound system(mp3), 271 HP V6, smooth 6-speed manual gearbox, driver's seat feels like a cockpit.

Honda, please change the Michelin Pilot tires. These are all-weather radials with no grip for a car that is FWD and 271 HP. Replaced on my previous Accords with Yokohoma Avid tires. Would be an excellent choice.