Used 2009 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

This will be my first and last honda
By mylasthonda

2009 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Accord in Nov 2009. I only have 25000 miles on it and I hate the car. The quality really sucks. 1. The passenger door lock is making a squeaking noise. 2. The seatbelt on the rear seat is twisted because it was not installed properly. 3. Driver window has a click the sound like the glass is hitting something. 4. the transmission slammed several times on me when i started the car. 5. The breaks vibrate on high speed. 6. I am just wait for the excessive oil consumption like many people have. 7. Car insurance cost more than my BMW. Very disappointed. Not even comfortable driving the car because I am scare the car is going to crap out way too soon.

The car is fun to drive because of the sporty handling. That's about it.

My 1st and Last Honda
By isabel4

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car as a lease for 2 1/2 years. After 2 months that's when the problems started. 1st, the breaks squealed really bad...it took me a year of arguing with Honda to finally have them fixed after a service bulletin. Then my air conditioning started to make noises, they claim they cannot hear it and nothing is wrong. Sometimes it sounds like metal scraping metal, other times like someone is honking at me. Its much louder then having my music blasting. My steering wheel clicks when I turn, again they claim nothing is wrong. Now at my last oil change they said my rear brake pads needed changing. I don't even have 30,000 miles on the car yet. Glad I leased it! 4 more months...

Color, Body Style

Build the cars to the quality people are used too...not with all the problems. Brakes, air conditioning, steering.

Headrest from hell!
By tj99

2009 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this card for just over two years. So far, the car has been fine mechanically. Had to fix a noise coming from the console, that took a while to resolve. But the absolute biggest complaint I have is the headrest. It pushes your head forward. During a recent vacation, I developed an aggravating pain in my neck and upper shoulders because of the way this headrest is designed. I was told it was required by law to prevent whip lash. Well, how about the problem it causes someone during everyday driving? I have this car on lease, and because of this, I will lease or buy another vehicle that has a headrest that pushes my head forward.

Get rid of the...headrest. Go back to a normal headrest. Tell government to shove it up there...

Shame on you Honda!If you have money to pay the repairs, buy Honda!
By owner2009

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought a new Honda Accord 2009 for my husband in June '09. He's tall (6.02) and we couldn't afford a SUV. This was the only car with enough space for his legs. He heard the brakes noise from the beginning. We took it to the dealer..they said nothing was wrong. NOW, we have to pay the repairs for the front and rear rotors and brake pads! 2 years and 34000mile only. They were going to a law suit at the time we bought this car! We had no idea! But the dealer knew...they didn't care ! Not then, not when I went back, not even now! Shame on them! Premature rotors & brakes pads wear ! It's a manufacture problem; they'll not agree with that! This is my first and last Honda. It's for sale

Enough space inside & good looking.

Honda, listen your customers! And....when you are wrong....take the responsibility and fix your errors! Don't forget: the customer is your boss!

2009 Accords Have So Many Problems
By goldmanf

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What's happening to Honda cars... My first Honda was 1978 Civic. I traded all of my several Honda cars (Civic, Accords and Pilots)around 160K miles for newer ones. My parents, my sibling families love the Honda cars. This trend is ending. This piece of garbage 2009 Accord EXL is a piece of junk from day one. The brake squeak and I thought it need to be brake in. A year later, I complained to the dealer and I was told that is a known problem. I was told ny Honda service advisor that just turn on the stereo louder and I will be fine. Now, I just found out the well known A/C condensor prone to damage from road debris. Is this US specific Honda issue???

Better design to protect the A/C condensor, better brake, better training to service advisor. Sometime they tried to humor the client when they were mad due the problems only make problem worst.

• SUV