Used 2009 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

I HATE THIS CAR!!!
By chloebee

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I hate this car and this has been the worst car buying experience ever. My first car note and I'm so unhappy. This was my first "supposedly new" Honda. I had two in the past that were excellent. The brakes are bad, bad, bad!!! I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone!!! I participated in the class action law suit and received a refunds after having brakes changed four times. I purchased my car in March 2009 and I've spent entirely too much time the dealership and of course, brakes are not covered under the warranty. I'm so disappointed with this car and would like something else.

Spacious...

Fix the bad brake issue. I was thinking of getting a CR-V but I don't even want to take my chances on one.

Great car...few flaws...
By zabdeali

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I heard the seats were a little uncomfortable and found a way to fix it! The lumbar support is a little stiff and if you stick something in the headrest while pushing it forward, it makes a HUGE difference. The lumbar goes back significantly and the seat is much more comfortable. Other then that, this car has been awesome!

Better driver seat...but easy to fix this.

Bye Bye Honda
By Rob

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

For the last 12 years every car I bought was a honda product. That would be 5 cars, most higher end. I bought a 2009 accord, new with a V6 and everything but Nav. I needed a valve job (4 of 6 were toast) after 8 k. The car was never the same, poor power, power fuel economy.I was concerned,the dealer said they would stand behind it. the transmission started making noise and the brakes went early.Honda claimed nothing was wrong. Brakes went early & basically honda would not stand behind product. They strung me along till i was passed lemon law miles and then said good bye. I feel this car was about what i would expect from ford for $10 k less. Honda lost me.

when you have so many major headaches there is nothing favorite about such a car

Go back to what they were doing before 2008 because I hear that accord has similar problems. I think they hit the skids w/ the rest of the auto industry and went on the cheap - so I paid top $ for a cut rate product

Could Do Better
By CGS

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We picked the Honda because it was the least expensive car that gave us all of the features we wanted (standard, good size, leather, sun roof, good gas mileage, etc). I find it was more than a compromise for me and will look longer the next go around. I'm 56 and although my mind likes the idea of a standard, there's a reason 94% of cars nowadays are automatics (smile). I have a squeak in the steering column that annoying and my key fob is failing (all with very little use). The greatest drawback though is that the Accord is a lot noisier at highway speeds than it should be. I have six cars. This is the newest. And the noisiest. That shouldn't be in this day and age.

Comfortable space inside cabin. Good gas mileage for a larger sedan. Fairly tight suspension for back road driving but back seat passengers complained it was too "bumpy" (they felt what I didn't). Sound and heating systems were adequate.

A little too "plasticky". Bump up one notch like the older Accords. Much more outside noise control- a real drawback compared to the competition. The 4 cylinder standard is woefully underpowered in higher gears. I'd recommend splurging for the six as mileage is very close anyway.

BMW like handling in a Honda!
By Cobra podrapuss

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drove my friend's 2009 Honda Accord LX on a 250 mile road trip and I feel that I got a better enough feel of this car to write a review. At highway speeds the Accord has road noise and some wind noise and ride quality is not that good. The 4 cyl engine is noisy also vibrates alot at idle. This 8th generation Accord has a cheaper feeling interior as well. The car has extraordinary handling characteristics it tracks like a locomotive and it feels very stable at triple digit speeds. Power from engine was good too. The Accord has 50,000 miles and it never caused a single problem so I recommend this car to someone looking for a reliable sedan with sporty driving characteristics

The BMW like handling, decent 4cyl power, A/C performs well, controls are intuitive, very roomy car, gas mileage good too, interior might be cheap but its durable, and Honda reliability

ROAD NOISE! cheap interior, noisy cheap sounding engine, ride quality not good Honda should focus more on quality and comfort but should keep the sporty handling as well