2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Never again
By anthony candelora on 06/18/10 07:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought 2009 Honda Accord brand new did not like the feeling of noise and jerking feeling when driving it and the dealer said there's nothing wrong with it so I decide to trade it in and I bought a new Buick lacrose v6 and I love it I will never buy another Honda again

What can go wrong, will go wrong
By Nightmare on 06/10/10 10:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The brakes have squeaked since day one and have been replaced three times. The dashboard warning lights come on when going through the car wash. Covered the first two times by warranty and had to paid $50 the third time. Told the pressure from the drying system is too powerful and shakes the vehicle too much. Not kidding! Engine light came on and they blamed a non-factory air filter. Came on the next day and they told me their service bulletin said clean with air pressure. Really? Now the panel holding the fuses has become corroded and needs replaced - $1,500. No accountability from Honda NA. Told by Honda CS it can't be that much of a piece of junk because I have 50K miles on it!

Traded In After Numerous Problems
By NYHonda_owner on 06/08/10 15:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Having owned many Hondas before, I was excited when I first bought this car. However, it soon developed problems with paint chipping from the tail light area, rear brake squeal and premature pad wear, and a clicking noise that first was fixed by having the steering column dismantled, and then completely replaced. However the worst was the front seats. It became extremely painful to drive for more then 20 mins in them. The dealer was aware of the problem but there was no fix. I ended up trading this in for a 2006 Honda CR-V SE, which ironically is much more comfortable, problem free, and gets the same gas mileage, despite the fact that it's older. Overall, I can't recommend this car to anyone.

Honda still can't fix the steering
By bobby on 06/04/10 17:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the car a year back. The car is spacious, handles well. Negative side: Excessive road noise. Surprisingly various annoying problems: Steering was making noise. Dealer finally changed the steering, but soon noticing excessive vibrations at highway speed, and when u apply brake. I have been to the dealer 5 times about steering problems but problem persists. Remote won't work beyond 20 ft etc. Let me give you my honest opinion: 1) Accord is not anymore trouble free as it use to be. 2) Road noise makes ypu deaf on longer travel.

Honda EX-L 4 Cylinder
By Honda EX-L 4Cylinder on 05/31/10 17:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the car brand new and have been driving it for the past 18 months. The following is what my experience has been with this car: The car is noisy. The road noise is so loud and bothersome that it soon make you tired of driving the car. Also, makes you feel unsafe driving on busy highway. The leather seats are not comfortable at all. It feels like not enough springs are used for comfort because of toughness of the leather. The engine suffers when A/C is on. Even though I have driven the car 12,500 Miles and the engine is broken in, the MPG stands around 20 in town. This is my first Honda and with the current experience, I would reconsider purchasing it.

6th and last Honda
By Disgusted on 05/27/10 06:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Piece of junk since day one. The brakes have squeaked. Heard all of the Honda excuses. Entire dashboard has illuminated 3x after a car wash. Warranty covered the first two times and had to pay $50 the third time. Really? For taking it through a car wash. I was told the drying system is too powerful. I'm not kidding. The check engine light has gone on numerous times and the cause of the last one was due to a poor air filter. Paid $115 and drove off the lot. Re-appeared within 5 miles. Told dealer that a mechanic tested it and said it was the oxygen sensors. Dealer says no way. Honda Cus. Svc. told me today it can't be that bad because I had 60K on it. Thanks for caring. Bye

So far so good!
By ubobby on 05/22/10 16:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have driven the car only 1500 miles and it's OK.Nothing exciting, just OK but that's Honda. Reliability is why we all buy them!Now to the brake problem that everyone is stating, mostly rear pads? Talked to American Honda today and they said a class action had started and they will be in touch with us all to fix the problem. Hope that helps!

Worst seats
By tmf2 on 05/21/10 22:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The accord always starts even after I've let it sit for ages. The problem is that I let it sit for ages because the thing is so darned uncomfortable to drive. The head restraints are miserable, they push my head forward and cause intense neck pain, while the lumbar support just makes my legs go numb from putting so much pressure on my back. I sincerely regret the purchase of the accord. Seriously, I chose to ride my bike on a 20 mile commute nearly every day this winter in snow and sub- zero temperatures because that was more comfortable than the seats in the accord.

Unhappy Honda Owner
By CNASH on 05/19/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Honda, 1st that I've purchased new and the last. I loved this car when I first purchased and shortly after, I began to hate it. Believe it or not it's excellent on gas. I commute back and forth to work for a week on a full tank. After six months I had to change the back brakes, which the dealership considers normal. NOT! Shortly after, I was still having issues and they replaced an axle. Five more months have passed and I replaced them again. The stirring wheel also shakes when braking. I HATE THIS CAR and would not advise this to any first time buyer or any buyer for that matter. I'm currently searching for something else.

Not so great!
By cel5000 on 05/12/10 13:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded my Lexus 06 IS250 for this based on Honda's reputation and the fact that my wife's 04 Accord has been a great car. I was initially impressed with the styling which led to the test drive. Power is impressive and the ride is harsh but the payoff is in the handling. I just turned 14K and have noticed a slight brake shimmy at highway speeds so there may be something to all the complaints logged here. I also have the "bumpy" feel to the driver seat when adjusting forward or back. My dealer told me that Honda is working on a solution for this - we'll see. Overall it's a good car that is reliable but, in my option, not as great as it's predecessor.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord in VA is:

$124 per month*