Used 2009 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda, never again
By whiskeysausage

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned 4 Honda's in my life, and as the saying goes, they just don't build them like they used to. 94 Accord, 98 Civic, a 00' Accord, and now a 2009 Accord. I bought the 09' Accord because I wanted a new Honda (all my others had been 2nd/3rd owner cars) But, simply put, this 2009 is a disaster - from the sub par brakes, the sub par interior, the sub par dash, to the squeaky fan noise that everyone can hear except the Honda Dealership - all before 20,000miles. It's like they fired all of their good engineers and hired the interns. Simply put, DO NOT BUY a HONDA. You will regret it.

Handling. I live in Europe and the Handling is pretty good for such a big car. Also, the getup and go is pretty spiffy for a 4cylinder. It also looks good - from the MB C class snub nose to the angular forward lean, the car looks good. But that's where it ends.

Honda needs to rehire the engineers that gave it the reputation of being a solid car in the 80's - 90's, because right now, Honda is running on the fumes of its former glory. Honda built a heaver car, but never upgraded the brakes (really?), hence brakes warp the rotors and burn out prematurley. The high pitched fan noise is amazingly annoying - you must compensate by keeping the fan on 3 and radio above 15. The noise comes from the passenger side and is perfectly angled directly at the driver's right ear. Talk about hours of cruel and unusual punishment. The dash, what a disaster. It's like they ran out of time designing it and pushed out what they had. Do not buy a Honda.

BEST HONDA I EVER OWNED
By 2bad

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Sounds like some people bought cars made on a Monday or Friday. My 09 EXL is the best Honda yet, and I have owned them since 1988. No problems, looks like a BMW at a third of the cost! Great job Honda.

Come On Honda
By pieceofchum

2009 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I would never recommend a Honda Accord 2009+. My 2009 Accord LX is at best sub par for Honda. I have had 3 other Honda vehicles and they were all excellent except this one. The rear of the car squeeks terribly while going over bumps. The brakes feel like I am standing on a gym floor while 20 kids dribble basketballs - never had breaks that felt like this ever in any other vehicle. The seats are the most uncomfortable seats I have ever had in a vehicle, lumbar pushes into your back to much, the foam is way to stiff and the side bolsters too narrrow. Car vibrates with ac on at a stop.

The acceleration of the car is reasonable and smooth for a four cylinder. The handling is very nice for a car of this size and price. I like the new size of the vehicle. I like the dash and the controls for me the dash looks very sharp and is of decent quality (a little squeek from it but not terrible). The controls are inuitive and within comfortable reach. I love my stereo it is excellent.

Softer seats, manual adjustments for the side bolsters and lumbar support in the LX. Better brakes. Fix the interior rattles a Honda should be a solid vehicle. Fix the vibration at idle that should be a software change not a difficult fix. If Honda doesn't maintain it quality/reliability standards then there are far better vehicles and many used vehicles that people can buy. IMHO Subaru, Hyundai and Nissan/Infiniti are make way better sedans at this point than the Honda Accord. It is a shame I most likely will never buy another Honda.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!
By bmwfan24

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As you can see from the other reviews this car has reliability issue and the car feels cheap. There's alots of interior road noise along with too much dash board noise. Alots of stuff squeaks and the car seems cheaper than a KIA. BUT THE MAIN REASON I HATE THIS CAR IS BECAUSE IT HAS NOOOOOOO POWER. This is a heavy car and it only has 190 horse power...really?! My 2001 Camry v4 picks up better. This car SUCKS at picking upeverytime I find myself going over 4000rpm thus messing up my MPG!!! DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! look at the MAxima or altima they're better!!!!!!

MUCH NEEDED HORSEPOWER better quality better back design needed DOES NOT HAVE A FUEL RANGE!

My first and for sure last honda car: Steering wheel problem persists for 2 and half years
By bibhuti

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got the car 2 years and 6 months back. Within first month the steering wheel gave me noises. At first honda did tried to avoid it, but finally they changed. Since then I have vibrations in my steering wheel at 70mph. The dealer has not been able to fix it since then. The car has a very stiff and bumpy ride. My daughter (she is now 4 months) constantly groans when she is in the car. Wind noise is so loud that you feel less noise in Chevy traverse or subaru outback on highway with window half opened than the Accord with window closed! Leather seats are hard and uncomfortable

Navigation

Quality, Ride, Reduce road noise, Sitting comfort, After sales serviece.

• SUV