Used 2009 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Brake noise
By JJ

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

There is considerable road noise, and there is a MAJOR problem with the brake noise (on both my 2008 sedan and 2009 coupe). Honda definitely needs to fix this. Dealership told me basically my driving was crappy and that's why the brakes were squealing. The Honda Accord is an economy car. If you want bells and whistles buy a Lexus, BMW, or Mercedes!

Favorite Features

Front end styling on 2009 coupe, projector headlamps on coupe and 18" wheels on 2008 sedan.

Suggested Improvements

FIX THE BRAKES!!!!!!!

Safe Car
By nightshiftRN

2009 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm a 22 y.o. new grad with NO CREDIT HISTORY and Honda was the only dealer that financed me through one of their "new grad programs." I am happy with the car, gas mileage is LESS than what I expected from a Honda. Sad to say I got rear ended 2 weeks after I got it. I didn't feel too much impact even though the bumper got messed up bad from a four car collision, SO ITS A VERY SAFE, RELIABLE CAR. The body is much improvement from later models. This is the 3rd Accord Model our family has. BUT, I think if I only waited for a few months, I could have gotten the 2010 CAMARO instead. Oh well, I'll stick to this one... for now.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Cameras for the back

My Accord Experience
By Lord_darklantern

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Car has been pretty good so far. It's not bad for a 4 cylinder. The ride is ok. You can tell they cut corners from the previous generation model. It's bigger than I would have liked it to be but I did not like the styling of the civic, and I thought it was a little smaller than I wanted. Overall not a bad car, but not Honda's best in my opinion having experience with 3 Accords before. Also the braks wear out prematurely (my back brakes wore out after 17,700 miles) only owning the car for 10 months. Buyer beware the brakes have a design flaw noted in the currant issue of Motor trend. They got only 15,000 on a set of 4 brakes and were quite shocked when they took it into the dealer.

Favorite Features

Styling, not bad power for a 4 cylinder.

Suggested Improvements

Honda needs to improve their brakes. The Pads are too small for a car this size, and wear out prematurely.

Looks good AND...
By KC

2009 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drive it to work mostly, and it turns heads, being very exotic and unique without many Accord Coupes on the road. I don't mind the seats at all, as I don't plan on falling asleep in my car. Very roomy interior, the control is no comparison to my old vehicle. Only downside is the vehicle is quite heavy in bulk, and it does take some power to go up hills. But that has always been an issue with fuel economic cars. Power vs. fuel consumption. The car just looks really nice, and its drivable for someone young and car loving like me.

Favorite Features

The interior buttons are my favorite; Many options for climate control and I love options. Does not sacrifice power for fuel efficiency. I'm 5'3 and the seat adjustments are fine for me, as I like to sit further back from the steering and still see fine.

Suggested Improvements

More buttons. Also I wished the car were a bit smaller. Its actually a bit wider than the sedan, although shorter. The body could still be shorter in length, as the rear protrudes a little. (That's ok since I find it a bit sexy that way.)

Shouldn't need to "get used" to seats
By dbdc22

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The seats (EX-L coupe) are simply awful for both me and my passenger. I get back pain, and my passenger gets neck pain from the head restraint. None of this was apparent on the test drive. Takes about 45 mins. or an hour to kick in. I have never had this experience in over 35 years of car ownership! Also don't like rear visibility. Can't see objects in rear quarter, and hard to tell where the rear bumper is in parking. Finally, low end torque with 190 Hp is still sub-par. On paper (and test drive) this is a fine car. Have owned two other Honda's with no problems. Unfortunately I let that sway my purchase. Am considering trading in for something else, with only 1100 miles.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel grip, interior fit and finish, external appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Totally new seats, more low end torque, more road feel with steering, make the car about 10% lighter/smaller.