2009 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
What an awesome car!
By Brian C. on 12/27/08 12:39 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After buying my first new Honda (CRX in '89 which I loved), I couldn't wait to buy Honda again after owning several other brands. This car gets so many looks and compliments--it's often mistaken for a BWW or Lexus! I'm so glad I chose the V6 model-the power is incredible..also the silver door handles give it a nice quality touch. The temperature and audio controls can be somewhat complicated at first, but I am starting to get used to them. Everything is explained in the manuals, so read up! The heated seats are a nice welcoming feel on a cold winter day. Great job Honda! What an improvement over the previous body style (yawn).

Just Okay
By Ghary on 12/22/08 08:44 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is very pretty but don't let the looks fool you. I only have 800 miles on the car and so far it's been a bad experience. I never bought a Honda before and I am disappointed in every way. After hearing all the great reviews from everyone I had to try. The car rattles on medium radio volume (about talking level, I don't like loud music). No brand new car should rattle. The audio quality is horrible. Poor, not as expected gas mileage (16 mpg with mixed highway/city driving). The windows constantly fog up and rear defroster doesn't work. There's also a lot of road noise! I should have spent the extra money to get something else.

Better than a BMW 2006 330xi
By Stan Myers on 12/17/08 04:50 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I finally got out of my troublesome 2006 BMW 330x1. Was a $50,000 car that cannot compare to my now 2009 Honda 6 cylinder coupe. So far, I love the Honda. It is fast and rides much much better. I tried out the 2009 Lexus I250 and the 2008 Infiniti 35x. I could not justify spending $10,000 more for the Lexus or Infiniti when I get a car of the same quality for less!

made a good choice
By Mike B on 12/16/08 02:00 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After months of looking found blk/blk 2009 accord coupe. Love it. I'm the type that researches and test drives lots of vehicles prior to purchase. This car fit my needs: comfortable, safe, stylish, affordable, and quality build. No car has everything otherwise we would all be driving "that" car. The EX is good value but I think the EX-L in the 4 cylinder might be the apex of the group in terms of performance/value/style. The V6 is fast and will appeal to the enthusiast, but in my mind it would only get me a speeding ticket. The 190HP 4 banger is good once you get it above 3500 rpm. Below that accel is nothing to rave about. Buy this car in the EX-L: V4 for value; V6 for kicks.

The BEST car I've ever owned!
By Brian C. on 12/14/08 07:33 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After also considering the redesigned Mazda 6, I decided the Honda was the better choice. The design quality inside and out makes it seems like it is a BMW or Lexus, but at substantial savings. I've received so many compliments after only 1 month! The V6 engine has phenomenal power, but yet still gets decent gas mileage. The heated seats are very relaxing on a cold winter day. Temperature and audio controls are somewhat complex, but I'm getting used to it (Fan will all of a sudden start blowing at higher speed for some reason--not sure what's up with that.) Also VSA feature doesn't have a dashboard indicator saying whether it's on or off. Honda did a great job on this redesign!

Almost in Love
By dps130 on 12/08/08 18:45 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After many test drives, Avalon, Camry, Altima Coupe, Jetta - I traded in my Maxima and purchased the Accord Coupe V6. My second Accord in 4 years and I must admit the styling is a knockout. The black on black is a beautiful combo. Handling, comfort, dash layout, ergonomics - top of the line. If you took off the badges I'm sure people would not know what it is - this isn't your folks Accord. Only complaint is the variable cylinder concept. When cruising the car feels like it is skipping, missing, sputtering. When you give it some gas the puppy jumps. I love it but would have preferred a manual. I do miss the Bose sound system in the Maxima. Overall a great car at a great price!!

Affordable sporty luxury
By BARLEYCORN on 11/30/08 00:39 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Park the accord coupe next to an entry level ($40,000) bmw, mercedes, lexus, or infiniti, and it will visually blow them all away, for 10 grand less. I just bought a black with black leather interior. Sharp, comfortable, and stylish. EX-L V-6 without nav. The chrome doorhandles, chrome around side windows and dual chrome exhaust and the wheels shout tasteful class. This car puts a smile on my face every time I look at it.

Do not buy V6 AT
By jedk on 11/24/08 19:40 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As a Honda fan since 80 (first Civic) and having gone through every model since, I was pumped to get rid of my 95 accord with 240K on it. My search of reviews indicated the 09 Accord coupe was a good buy. Then I bought it and reality set in. The car constantly hunts between cylinders and when not on cruise control and is the most irritating thing I have ever experienced. Perhaps it is the letdown from my emotional attachment to Hondas. While I like everything else about the car, the VCM constantly changing speed trumps all that - and therefore DO NOT BUY.

4-cyl with a kick
By Vic on 11/23/08 20:45 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Now that I have 3k miles on the car, I want to share my experience. I have a LX-S 4cyl model, in white. After the first month of ownership, I took the car for a weekend trip to central coast, CA (est. 600 miles). For a 4cyl, it has excellent acceleration (kinda reminded me of my 2002 Lexus IS, but not quite). It is very roomy and very stylist. The ride is a bit rougher than the Camry. The seats are a bit uncomfortable. Mechanic is good. Steering wheel does not vibrate like other 4cyl. Fuel to power ratio is excellent, maybe the best in its class. It would be much more fun to drive, if it had rear-wheel drive.

Quality
By RC on 11/05/08 23:54 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned an Audi & a Lexus, but the '09 EX-L, 2d w/nav (4cy) is an incredible car. My first Honda and what a pleasure to drive. As quiet as either the Audi or Lexus. Craftsmanship is superb. I've already been asked by several people, "is that a BMW?" Ah nah, and I've got the extra cash in my pocket to prove it. Excellent ride.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord Coupe in VA is:

$143 per month*