2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Recommend this car for performance
By Farrell on 07/04/10 13:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle a year ago and work with the same dealer, in Michigan,I have worked with over 15 years-Honda Bloomfield-these folks just get better and better! The 2009 Honda Accord's traction in winter snow and ice is phenomenal-best I've ever driven. I count on reliability in any car I drive and this vehicle provides outstanding reliability. Seating comfort needs to be upgraded and the road noise needs to be reduced to bring this vehicle to near perfect for a "smooth ride." I reliably get 33.3 miles a gallon in this 2009 Honda Accord.

New meaning for the word JUNK!
By Lee F. on 07/03/10 21:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Door panels rattle, sunroof controls rattle, shifter rattles, trunk rattles, brakes had to be replaced at 5000 miles, rear brakes have a class action settlement, hesitates when going around a corner, glove box rattles (replaced three times), driver's door wouldn't open (had to crawl over console from passenger side), both front and rear doors on driver's side had to be "readjusted" because they wouldn't open, squeak under dash, air conditioner makes a popping noise, driver's seat belt had to be replaced because it was making a ticking noise, and the list goes on and on. Car was in the shop 12 times before it even had 5000 miles on it. Last time, they had it for 11 days!

Speechless
By tporta911 on 07/01/10 09:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car 10/09, my 4th Accord. I was so excited! Brand new, black on black, I felt a little "classy"! All of that excitement ended in 5/5/10 when I began to have engine problems that left me stalled in busy traffic 4 times. After multiple visits to my dealership and 2 returned phone calls from Honda "customer service" out of 9 messages left I am still no where. Corporate is stalling (pardon the pun, just like my car). They are doing the 3rd oil consumption test after the last 2 failed miserably! Why? They have told me to check the oil every time I get gas, really? Isn't that one of the perks of owning a new car? I can't believe I'm dealing with this. Beware and don't buy!

Overall a good car
By EyLct on 06/30/10 14:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a lot for work. There is never a time where I doubt the dependability of my accord. Within the first 5k miles I had to have a tire sensor replaced. After 12k miles all of a sudden it started making this really loud grinding noise. I took it to Honda and they said it was the brakes. They replaced everything free of charge. So far so good. I do notice while idling the car with rev really low like it's about to stall out or jump suddenly where if I didn't have my foot on the brakes I would have hit the car in front of me. Very concerning. Very poor acceleration. Horrible gas mileage. Though I love the look of the cars exterior.

Bad Brakes
By Bad Brakes..... on 06/28/10 18:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

American Honda need to own up to the brakes issues they have. At least Toyota did the right thing and made it right. We are now in the process of trading in our 2009 Accord on a Toyota.

2009 Accord
By Jeff on 06/28/10 17:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased two 2009 Accords, one for my wife and one for my daughter. Both are now having rear brake issues. Not sure why American Honda won't stand up and do the right thing like a recall. They waited until the American public filed suite.

Servicable car if you like the Seat
By EnvENGineer on 06/28/10 13:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a long commute every day to work (85 miles one way) and have spent a great deal of time in this car. After only approx. 11+ months of ownership I am thinking about selling this vehicle. The lumbar support/active head restraint systems have created a seat that becomes extremely uncomfortable after a nominal drive, to the point of back pain. The gas mileage has been better than advertised (I get 27-28 vs 25). The aux jack is not in a great location (center console). The car always feels heavy and loses momentum quickly. The steering is crisp and the cabin is spacious. Exterior won't win any beauty contests and the dash is not pretty but overall a workhorse type car.

So close to perfect, yet so damned far
By sbowden99 on 06/22/10 21:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love the styling. However, this is a BIG car, and it handles like one. Poor rear sight lines make you fearful to change lanes. Cheap touches in the interior abound (the steering wheel and gearshift would probably work in a Dodge, but are sub-par for a Honda). The one thing I HATE about this otherwise vanilla and inoffensive car is the brake squeal. My brakes sound like they're made of steel wool. They literally grate on my nerves. What was Honda thinking?

Rear brake problem
By Barry on 06/19/10 04:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the car less than a year ago. I had the dealer do an oil change last week and was told that the rear brake pads are close to wearing out. I only have 26K miles, most of it highway driving. After a lot of questioning a mechanic told me that this is a problem with all of the 2008 and 2009 Accords. However when you talk to the so called service advisers they try to shift the blame on the way I drive the vehicle. I have done some research on the Internet and find 100s of similar complaints. Is there some way to force Honda to admit they made an engineering mistake and issue a recall?

Pain in the Neck
By John Merget on 06/18/10 16:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car for me is a study in contradictions. I very enjoy the car's aesthetic and performance characteristics, but driving the car is a literal pain in the neck (and back) because of driver's seat and head restrain design. I have tried for over a year to "dial in" the multiple seating and head restraint configurations to something approaching comfortable, but no luck. Perhaps at 6'4" and 212 lbs I am too big for the car. Anyhow, the car is now for sale.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord in VA is:

$124 per month*