2009 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Delivers on your expectations
By cruisinonblues on 04/03/09 14:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Honda I have owned. For the past 6 years I have driven a BMW 3xi series with all wheel drive. I wanted to get a coupe without breaking the bank. I looked at the Honda Accord and Nissan Altima. I decided on the Honda Accord V6 Coupe and am extremely satisfied. The car delivers on all aspects of driving a coupeĀ… styling, handling, performance and fun. It drives great and has a nice interior. I like that it has V6 power when I need it and that the engine adjusts down to 4 or 3 cylinders when the V6 is not needed. It also runs on regular gas which is an added savings. Overall, it has delivered on all my expectations.

Disappointed!
By G3 on 03/24/09 07:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Where to start: 1)Have had the car into the dealership three times for squeaking breaks, told nothing can be done, issue with pads at Honda 2)Road noise is horrible, coming from rear wheel wells, told there are vents? 3) When I lose reception on the satellite radio I have to turn the car off, then on again to get the signal back 4)The vehicle rattles a lot. This is my third Honda, I had a '97 Prelude and a '03 Odyssey, no problems, but this one has been a big disappointment! Looked at the BMW 335i and Infiniti G37, thought I was saving money, instead I got a lot of headaches!

First Honda......
By Great Car!! on 03/04/09 18:04 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Honda, I do have to admit it's a fun car. Not to mention the reputation of this car was the reason why I went from a Monte Carlo SS (07) to a honda accord fully loaded. So far so good... I hope with the proper maintenance it will last as long as my brother's accord with no problems (12 years.)

09 Accord Coupe V6 6 Speed /Navi
By Rick on 02/12/09 10:08 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After lots of searching and test drives (Acura TL & TSX, and BMW 3), I ordered a 2009 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6 Speed Manual with Navigation. I wanted the unbelievably gorgeous Belize Blue Pearl and thus the order. Car is everything I expected. The V6 6 Speed combination is a blast. The interior controls are EASY despite the reviews. The car drives and handles almost as well as a BMW 3 series coupe for $20k less. I think it looks better too. I have been stopped in parking lots and asked "who makes that?" & "is that really a Honda?" The Blue pearl paint simply glows.

2009 Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 with NAVI
By lebo5 on 02/02/09 10:14 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've been a Honda owner for 8 years and my wife and I have had 6 during that time. They've all been extremely reliable and safe cars but they've also been like vanilla ice cream when it comes to looking at them. They've all had the features we've wanted and most of them have been loaded. But until this new design, none of them have been very exciting. This car is gorgeous!! And it stands out getting looks everywhere I go. I opted for the coupe because I didn't like the look of the sedan, especially in the rear. The coupe however changes all of that! I went with every bell & whistle available and no regrets.

Honda engineers read this!!!
By martian on 01/24/09 06:08 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I LOVE my new car! I've put 5k miles on the Accord. Traction control prevents burning rubber, but whatever. What is fun is going from 40 to 80 in like 2 seconds. Don't worry about the "click" when shifting into DRIVE; they all do it. When snow gets in the wheels, they vibrate at > 50 mph. Windshield wash fluid only holds <1/2 gallon - and the pump is wussy. The driver's seat is not comfortable. I have some suggestions in the section below. Sound system rocks. Visibility is fantastic.

Great Car for the Money
By ZKeith on 01/16/09 12:58 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car now for 2 months and have been very happy with it. It's a great value for the money and looks more like it should have an Acura badge than a Honda. I've been in an Acura CL Coupe and this car is very similar - maybe even nicer inside.

Very nice car
By very nice car on 01/14/09 15:15 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I waited till I had about 1,500 miles on my car before evaluating it, and I can say, it is still my favorite car that I've ever owned. I had a 1994 Integra before this, and this is worlds apart in comfort, ride, noise (lack of), and style. It doesn't corner like a 2700 pound integra, but it still handles better than most 3500 pound cars. I got a manual, and it's the smoothest one I've ever used. I was surprised to find that the gear ratios for the manual are similar to the automatic, so there's not much difference in performance. The only "fit and finish" problem I have is the trunk lid is little lower on one side.

Looks good but....
By RC on 01/04/09 14:13 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A sharp looking car that turns heads. To be a 4 cylinder, I like the pickup. I drive 180 miles a day to and from work which is all interstate, so keeping up with traffic is no problem. But.. the drivers seat is very uncomfortable, the radio cuts out when using a gps unit plugged into the power port, passenger seat when pushed up to let passenger into back seat does not return to its original setting, always has to be reset, road noise is bad, headlights dim down when compressor kicks in, gas cap will scratch side of car so be sure to put it in the cap rest in the gas door. I've always been a Pontiac man, and I sure do miss my Bonneville. This is the first and last Honda I will ever own.

Honda Coupe LX-S
By HondaTex on 01/01/09 11:05 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After researching several competing models I settled on the Honda Coupe 4 cyl. automatic. It seemed to offer a reasonable compromise between fuel economy and sporty styling. The ride/drive was uninspiring until adding after market 18 inch wheels and 245/40/18" tires which made the car a much more enjoyable vehicle in most all respects, primarily due to the reduction in unsprung weight (check the weight of the factory wheel tire combo). I'm averaging 28 MPG overall, and with the acceptable performance of the 190 HP 4 cyl., I don't feel like I'm driving a "econobox".

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord Coupe in VA is:

$143 per month*