2009 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Overall Good Buy!!
By SAVLIS on 07/10/09 11:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Accord coupe. I have owned a 2003 and 2006 4CYL. this time I decided on the 2009 V6. It is definitely fun to drive. I look forward to my daily commute. The V6 is powerful and responds immediately, especially if you drive it in D3. The one major complaint I have is the road noise. It seems inherent in all the coupes. Don't know if it is a problem in Sedans. HONDA... please do something about the road and wind noise.

Great bang for the Buck
By MJ on 07/10/09 11:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Honda for 8months now and thought I would relay my remarks. I currently have 10.5k miles. Now I'm a pretty picky man and take attention to detail. The Honda took my expectations above and beyond. Nothing broke or had I had a problem with. It did well in the Chicago winter with heated mirrors and the defrosters are placed well. I love this car. I am getting paint chips but I do ride on the Highways mostly. For those that complain about road noise get better/bigger tires - I hear no noise with the stock 18' low profile tires. Those that complain about the seat, well I never have a problem, perhaps my model has a better seat. Great car - I expected to ride this into the ground at 200k+.

It looks good, but that's it
By abray006 on 07/09/09 17:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car back in March and got a heck of a deal, but I have been very disappointed by the quality, noise, and most of all the VCM technology. This car looks awesome from the outside and has decent interior, but Honda needs to go back to a simple engine and have a 6 speed automatic for fuel economy. The VCM is constantly hunting and car jerks when its coming to a stop. The automatic transmission can't keep up with a sporty drive and the handling is to tight for my taste. I was sold on looks and should have gotten into a more solid all around car.

This car saved my life!
By chipperchick on 06/28/09 19:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was struck on my driver's side by a drunk driver going 50mph three weeks ago and I emerged without a scratch! This car is built like a tank (she was driving a Volvo). I LOVE this car and have thoroughly enjoyed it for the last 18 months. It's very eye-catching -- I catch people staring into it when it's parked and they're always shocked to learn it's an accord (I bought the red -- so pretty). Yes, I'm really this shallow... The ONLY thing I would suggest changing is the controls for the heat. It's hard for me to reach the heater control without having to lean way over. But, that's virtually the ONLY thing I would change.

Might as well buy a Fusion or Malibu
By Ken C on 06/24/09 14:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Well, I have had this car about a week. The paint job is low quality and chips easily. The seats are uncomfortable. The transmission and suspension are sloppy and transmit vibrations throughout the car. And I am already scheduled for repairs. So much for the vaunted Honda reliability.

A wise 2-door coupe purchase
By Accordguy0325 on 05/09/09 17:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2009 Accord EX-L V6 coupe. I recently purchased the above car in crystal black pearl, with a black interior. In terms of exterior styling I personally believe it is one of Honda's best looking cars to date with its flowing lines, chrome accents, large wheels, and, expressive curves. I find the interior to be very luxurious, visually appealing, and very well put together. The textures and materials of the interior, especially the leather trim and aluminum look accents are of high quality. The power from the 3.5 liter V6 is smooth and strong, complimented by a perfect balance of sporty handling and a comfortable ride, all while being reasonably quiet. I highly recommend this car!

Great Car
By Mike A on 05/04/09 13:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been a Honda owner since 1979 and my 2009 coupe is the classiest to date. I really enjoy driving it. It handles and brakes extremely well, but it lacks power/acceleration when passing cars on the highway. I'm sure a 6 cyl would be more responsive. I am not intimidated by the center dash controls and at night the cockpit looks very impressive.The leather seats are very comfortable and the diver seat controls make it easy to adjust. I am very impressed by the separate climate control system for the driver and passenger and the 6 CD stereo. I'm a little disappointed in the trunk space. I can just squeeze in my large golf bag and cart. Overall there is no other car that I would want.

Love this car
By BMC on 04/29/09 11:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I tested a lot of cars before I drove this one on a whim. I LOVE THIS CAR!!! It has great styling and awesome handling. I have the 6-speed manual and there is always plenty of power no matter what gear you are in. The car flies and is rock steady no matter what the speed. Everything seems well thought out. I am usually someone who gets a new car every 3 years, I have a feeling this one is a keeper.

Beware of the road noise
By scain on 04/27/09 20:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

We have a Camry and Accord. Exterior styling of the Honda is great. But, we should have driven it longer. Road noise is horrible when about 40mph and you feel every bump in the road. So loud, it causes the Bluetooth calls to break up. Honda's Nav system is much better than Camry. Camry's ride is more like a Cadillac.

Power and Style for less $
By Brian in Louisiana on 04/20/09 21:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Here is the breakdown: I've owned 6 Honda's (civic, preludes, accords). This car is more fun to drive than all those put together. I just traded in a '06 V6 Accord sedan 6 MT. Wanted something more sporty but dependable. Test drove a Lexus IS, Infiniti G37, and BMW 328i. All great in their own way. All at least 10K more than I paid for the Honda. Didn't make sense paying the extra change when the practical and fun choice was the Accord. Car has many extra features that are add-ons on the other cars. Car is black on black and it turns heads. Wasn't a big fan of the sedan design (little too big), but love the coupe. Before you buy any coupe in the 25-30K range, test drive this car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord Coupe in WA is:

$179 per month*