2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great car...few flaws...
By zabdeali on 01/13/11 15:32 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I heard the seats were a little uncomfortable and found a way to fix it! The lumbar support is a little stiff and if you stick something in the headrest while pushing it forward, it makes a HUGE difference. The lumbar goes back significantly and the seat is much more comfortable. Other then that, this car has been awesome!

Bye Bye Honda
By Rob on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

For the last 12 years every car I bought was a honda product. That would be 5 cars, most higher end. I bought a 2009 accord, new with a V6 and everything but Nav. I needed a valve job (4 of 6 were toast) after 8 k. The car was never the same, poor power, power fuel economy.I was concerned,the dealer said they would stand behind it. the transmission started making noise and the brakes went early.Honda claimed nothing was wrong. Brakes went early & basically honda would not stand behind product. They strung me along till i was passed lemon law miles and then said good bye. I feel this car was about what i would expect from ford for $10 k less. Honda lost me.

Reliable but has issues.
By run04 on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Accord Coupe brand new. Almost a year later, the clear coat and paint is starting to corrode. Honda is refusing to do anything about it and is blaming the issue on bird droppings. I have never had a car where the clear coat and paint just start to corrode this easily. The A/C really struggles in hot weather (90 degree outside temp)to make the cabin comfortable. Finally figured out that you have to run the A/C on max and recirculate the air for it to be marginally comfortable.

Could Do Better
By CGS on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We picked the Honda because it was the least expensive car that gave us all of the features we wanted (standard, good size, leather, sun roof, good gas mileage, etc). I find it was more than a compromise for me and will look longer the next go around. I'm 56 and although my mind likes the idea of a standard, there's a reason 94% of cars nowadays are automatics (smile). I have a squeak in the steering column that annoying and my key fob is failing (all with very little use). The greatest drawback though is that the Accord is a lot noisier at highway speeds than it should be. I have six cars. This is the newest. And the noisiest. That shouldn't be in this day and age.

BMW like handling in a Honda!
By Cobra podrapuss on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drove my friend's 2009 Honda Accord LX on a 250 mile road trip and I feel that I got a better enough feel of this car to write a review. At highway speeds the Accord has road noise and some wind noise and ride quality is not that good. The 4 cyl engine is noisy also vibrates alot at idle. This 8th generation Accord has a cheaper feeling interior as well. The car has extraordinary handling characteristics it tracks like a locomotive and it feels very stable at triple digit speeds. Power from engine was good too. The Accord has 50,000 miles and it never caused a single problem so I recommend this car to someone looking for a reliable sedan with sporty driving characteristics

I thought Hondas were reliable?
By dina972 on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Few weeks after buying it- I had started to regret it- the exhaust was oily black soot. I took it in to be inspected and they said everything is fine because it passed emissions testing. LOL! Later, when I did casual inspection of the oil level, I noticed that it was dropping- but wasn't certain because I wasn't strict about it. I had attributed it to careless oil change-out. Long story short- I'm undergoing an oil consumption test because it consumed 1.5 qt in 7k mi. Car has 32k mi. I have little faith in them because they showed me Honda's acceptable consumption: 1 qt per 1000 miles.How's that for reliability? You think the car will pass ULEV that it claims drinking that much oil?

Satisfied
By Argie on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Accord and third Honda (I also own a Civic). After a year and five months, I can say that the results are good. It is a very comfortable car, the back seat is huge, ideal for long journeys (my two kids age 13 and 16 don't complain). I can even put two pairs of skis inside the car, no need for expensive add-ons. Reliability up to now has been OK, there is only a small rattle that comes from the right front seat head rest (when there is no one seating). In mi opinion, the seats are comfortable. Road noise could be less, but compared to my 2004 Civic is a huge improvement. I had no problems with brakes or paint, as some other reviews report. 4 Cyl engine is powerful enough.

Fun, fast and reliable
By Robert Smith on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is very sporty and fun to drive. The 6 speed is smooth and easy to shift. The 6 speed makes good use of the 3.5's power. Handling is great. This is a very tight and well put together car. Bought the car used with 16,000 on it and have not had a peep of problems. No brake issues at 22,000, guess I'm lucky after reading some of the other reviews. This is my 4th Honda, 2 civics and 2 accords, and no complaints so far. For the money spent, this car lives up to the Honda reputation so far. I just have to say, in this price range, it's hard to find another car that has better performance. The 3.5 6m is straight out of the acura line up and feels like it.

Best car ever purchased
By assia on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It was the best car i ever bought, easy transaction great staff wonderful dealership. i lived and still live my accord.

Current Accord, Not your typical Honda
By JohnD on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As a long time owner of Hondas and Acuras, this car has been a great disappointment. Within the first year of ownership we have had to take it in to the dealer 9 times for repairs (not including the scheduled maintenance). Seven of the nine times related to interior parts, including the driver side sun visor spontaneously falling off and dangling in front of the driver. Two of the repairs were on the brakes. Honda is involved in a class action law suit regarding the rear break issue (Google it). The front brakes also had to be replaced this is a separate known issue for which there is a service bulletin. Ask the dealer about the break issues before purchasing this vehicle, I wish I did.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord in WA is:

$156 per month*