Used 2009 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My hard earned money down the drain!
By mccray35453

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had purchased my 2009 Accord in Nov. '11. the brakes sqweaked the next day, and still is now! Had taken the car to Midas, and was told the brakes looks brand new. Yet, sqweeking! The arm rest is wrinkled/bubble. I had read where someone said "the dealer" it was due to body oils. No one sits in the passenger side of my car, so why it it wrinkled/bubbled?! The trunk rattles like nobody's business, the AC makes a funny noise when on low, like it needs oil. Same Honda doesn't stand behind their vehicles, but then again, with these complaints, I would stand behind them either...physically! Here I come Nissan!

Favorite Features

The use of the key fob to open/close windows/sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Listen to the people! Softer leather, durable armrest,

Dis. Like.
By moitz

2009 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Honda, and the first one I dislike. It's overly large, poorly built, and does not live up to Honda's legendary reliability and build quality. The exterior is not unpleasant to look at, and with the EX V6, the sunroof, chrome trim, and rims don't detract. However, the interior is way too heavy on plasticy bits, the carpet feels cheap, and things rattle like a 1990s GM product. Too many buttons, etc. Performance-wise, the auto transmission is atrocious. I've taken to manually shifting it when I need to get into 1st in a hurry. The gas mileage is awful (17 on a 70/30 city highway split, maybe 25 on the highway). However, the engine is smooth and powerful.

Favorite Features

The 6 cyl. Despite the AWFUL gas mileage, it's smooth and powerful, and quiet. The Eco mode is pretty cool. The ride quality is what I'd expect from Honda - firmer than your usual US car, but not what I'd call sporty.

Suggested Improvements

Honda needs to ban the pleather door inserts. Go back to cloth for the cloth seats, leather for the leather seats. Upgrade the carpet and padding. Wayyyy less buttons on the center stack. Fix the problem that you can't see the radio display when the sun is even remotely shaving on it. Far less hard plastic.

Shocked that I HATE this car
By jrs4682

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Accord and I hate it. I have replaced all 4 door locks, the lumbar control in the drivers seat, Airbag sensors. The seats are so uncomfortable, I cant drive more than 30 minutes without being in pain. I get car sick when I am riding in the passenger seat due to the road noise and feeling every bump. I have NEVER had a problem with my other Accords only this one but overall I am not happy with this purchase at all and I will be trading in ASAP.

3+ Years and 55,000 miles - The Good and the Bad
By markm1960

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Accord is well built with little or no rattles or squeaks. The brake issues have been well documented, I got over 22,000 miles on mine before replacement - most was covered by the class action suit. This vehicle drives very well but road noise is an issue. It handles well, especially around town. The headrests are slung too far forward for comfort, but I was able to adjust my seat more vertically to compensate. I have also worked the head rest back and forth and this has loosened it up a bit. The interior is refined and the controls are intuitive once I got the hang of them. Overall this is a very good car. I would be great with better noise control and a different head rest.

Favorite Features

Running around town - this car handles very well for a larger sedan. The steering is solid, the transmission is very well mated to the engine. The car does not rattle and I still think the interior looks refined - the car is paid off and I see no reason to get rid of it. I plan to drive it for years to come.

Suggested Improvements

Honda needs to make "road noise" reduction a priority, it is silly for a car this well made to be so noisy. They blew it on the brakes and I hope the lesson was learned. The seats are a bit stiff and the head rests were apparently designed by their corporate attorneys - with little chance of backlash and even less of achieving comfort. The ride can be a bit harsh but I am not sure I am willing to give up any handling to achieve a softer ride, we have lots of round-abouts and the Accord makes them fun to negotiate. The trunk is a bit small, especially with the arm bars, but I understand this is a concession to the Accord's unique suspension which I really like.

I will never buy a Honda again
By lindseymarie

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the 2009 Honda Accord Coupe back in September of 2008 thinking it was a smart and economical yet sporty car to get me through college. Well, now more than three years and many bills later I am regretting my decision. The constant squeaking loud brakes (from day 1), replacing my rear brakes three times since my purchase, the electrical issues and the fact that I had to have the battery completely replaced a year later. This car cost close to 30k and I feel like I am driving a Kia or something, the ride is uncomfortable and loud, the passenger airbag only works on an arbitrary basis, the heat/air is horrible & gas mileage is extremely poor! Also had three tire blowouts, weird.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Make a car that works.