2009 Honda Accord 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 4-cyl with a kick

2009 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Review

4-cyl with a kick
By Vic on

2009 Honda Accord LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Now that I have 3k miles on the car, I want to share my experience. I have a LX-S 4cyl model, in white. After the first month of ownership, I took the car for a weekend trip to central coast, CA (est. 600 miles). For a 4cyl, it has excellent acceleration (kinda reminded me of my 2002 Lexus IS, but not quite). It is very roomy and very stylist. The ride is a bit rougher than the Camry. The seats are a bit uncomfortable. Mechanic is good. Steering wheel does not vibrate like other 4cyl. Fuel to power ratio is excellent, maybe the best in its class. It would be much more fun to drive, if it had rear-wheel drive.

Favorite Features

Love the 190 hp, 4 cyl. Fuel consumption was as much as a 165 hp car. Interior and trunk space were very roomy.

Suggested Improvements

The LX-S driver seat was very uncomfortable. I definitely recommend getting the EX-L (has more position adjustments). Front and rear visibility could be a challenge for drivers 5'2" and under.