2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great upgrade from Civic
By Mychal on 10/27/08 17:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased the 2009 Honda Accord EXL. What an upgrade from the 2006 Civic EX that I had. Being the 4th Honda I've owned I'm definitely a loyal Honda owner and the newest Accord reaffirms my loyalty. Great styling, handling and features for the price. I highly recommend any Honda, but especially the Accord.

Very Impressed
By Sherrie Bigelow on 10/27/08 10:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased the 2009 Accord v-6 w/ navigation. Looked at all other cars in this class, felt that the Honda offered me the best all around in terms of performance, reliability and cost.

Grand car for all
By Nic on 10/27/08 00:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Couldn't decide if I wanted the Audi A5 or this the price was holding me back but I figured I would let the car sell itself I am young at 22 and need a car that can fit my needs and is practical without breaking the bank. The Honda Accord is just this it is very impressive and sleek. I recommend this car to anyone around my age. The coupe that is. Read the safety reports received perfect for front side impact that is something that is very important to me.

Good overall vehicle
By PCPostman on 10/25/08 15:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As previous Honda van owners, I felt we couldn't go wrong with the Accord when I needed to upgrade my 12-year old car. Has good pick-up from start and when on the highway and can get up to triple digits if necessary. I've had no issues with it in the first 10 months of ownership, which is what I expected. Want more speed and features? Step up to the EX/V6. Want good, reliable, safe, basic transportation? Kind of hard to go wrong with the Accord.

Love it.
By cpriest on 10/18/08 14:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car earlier this month and absolutely love it. I did a LOT of research on 2009 sedans (including Camry, Accord, Jetta, and Altima) before deciding on the Accord. The Accord is top-notch As soon as you get in it you feel like you are sitting in a luxury car that should be much more expensive than a Honda. And performance is great! I am very pleased with the car...except for 1 thing---the headlights dim just a bit about every 15-20 seconds when the AC is on. The only reason I noticed it was because I was looking for it (I had read about it in some of the reviews). However, this is not a big enough problem to keep me from loving my car!! Honda's reliability is excellent.

Could use interior design improvements
By Too much plastic on 10/17/08 12:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Drives and handles well. The TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) light came on the second day I had the car and no matter how I tweak the tire pressure it won't go off (common problem). I assume this may have something to do with side airbags but the sun visors are poorly designed & are not long enough on both the right and left sides leaving gaps for sun glare. The center stereo console is too big & you need pretty long arms to reach the right side buttons comfortably. It's like they just made the buttons bigger and spaced them out to fill up space. The steering wheel has cheap plastic silver pieces in the center that I cannot believe they used. Plastic wheel covers are very cheap.

Sexiest Honda ever
By Normgarry on 10/12/08 17:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wrote a full review about this car here on Epinions under the name Bigtruckseries. The Coupe is VERY sexy, very sporty and for less than $34,000 loaded, it gives a great sense of having more without having paid more. The seats are comfortable if you are a short person but the tall won't like it as much. The V6 is the best model, with plenty of ZIP for city cruising while the 190 HP I4 doesn't disappoint those with no need to speed. Good steering Bad body roll Plasticky interior The major downside is a cluttered center stack, poor user interface in the Navigation system and terrible voice controls that can accidentally change the temperature before doing what they should.

Good, not great
By Aaron in IL on 10/11/08 05:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first and probably only Honda. This was a want vs. need purchase. Coolest style V6 coupe w/o nav at under $30k MSRP (paid $26950) is main reason I chose this model. Good pickup, quiet motor and interior. Love the standard ipod adapter but the subwoofer is substandard! The trunk lid needs alignment, one speaker was bad, the passenger front seat needed to be tightened and there are two very visible paint blemishes on the pillar above the driver mirror all which were noted for correction by the dealer at delivery. Having said that, I feel the final factory pre-ship inspection was poor and I hope for better days ahead having driven only 600 miles. 23.5 overall mpg so far.

They finally got it right!
By conquerer77 on 10/10/08 08:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the following: 1994 Accord LX Coupe; 2005 Toyota Camry LE; and now, 2009 Accord LX Sedan with 5-speed manual. My new car was bought after much detailed and painstaking research. Issues with past Accords that kept me away: Road noise, stiffness of ride, high price, arrogant dealerships. I got lucky by finding a good dealer that gave me good value on 05 Camry. Camrys started to have an issue with valves rattling (70K miles!), so I may have had a lemon. It was a refined vehicle, and the ride in my new Honda is a only a touch louder and harsher, . But I get better mileage, more agile, new suspension is wonderful. Close & tough choice, but made best decision. Looks more masculine !

The best Accord yet.
By Michiganer on 10/05/08 11:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I originally planned to buy the 2.4L EXL I4 5MT coupe, but after seeing and driving the V6 6MT, I had to have it. The extra 2 grand gets you better looking wheels, Homelink, fog lights, integrated spoiler, dual exhaust, and some other small odds n ends make it worth the cost (since I would have wanted to upgrade the wheels and put fogs on the I4). The V6 also provides a great amount of power, but the I4 will suffice for most and is sufficient. I only wish that the 6MT had a taller 6th gear. I get the EPA rated 26 mpg, but I'm sure it could be better with a taller final drive while still being fast on the low end.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord in WA is:

$156 per month*