Used 2009 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

LOVE my Honda
By the rock

2009 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have read some of these other negative reviews about the new redesigned Honda and can't disagree more with them. The ride is much better than the other Accords we have owned (this is our fourth). The seats feel great and are made of the type of quality that I have come to expect from a Honda. We looked at other models but realized for the price and value this was the best choice.

Favorite Features

Sharp exterior look and comfort of seats. Everything is easy to reach.

Suggested Improvements

Make blue tooth available in ex cloth trim level also.

Why did I buy a 2009 Honda Accord?!
By Bad Choice

2009 Honda Accord LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am very upset with Honda and how they are handling the complaints. I have had just about every issue discussed...brakes, tires, handle, lights, mileage and additionally the tube to the exhaust came off so my vehicle sounded like a race car for a bit! How embarrassing! The worst part about it is the issues are not one time they happen over and over again. The dealership said "there was no recall" and that they could only fix with what Honda sends them. So, I called Honda directly and they responded by saying "there is no recall on the vehicle". Unbelievable. I believe both dealership and Honda Corp. are in denial and don't want to spend the money or invest the time to make it right.

Favorite Features

The body style is alright but think rear is too high. Appears to lean forward. In terms of comfort, it's ok.

Suggested Improvements

Everything. If Honda does not turn this around they will lose a very loyal customer base. Ignoring your customers does not make problems go away!

Honda Luva
By kneebabyy

2009 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have previously owned several accords but this is the first new one. As a Honda luva, I am very pleased with my purchase. I luv to drive my accord and I luv telling people that. I have had no brake trouble and my seats are comfortable...and I know because I travel a lot in it. I did not think I could afford a new car, but my accord was a very good investment. That's why you see so many on the road!

Favorite Features

The exterior and interior look.

Suggested Improvements

Headlights need to span out farther.

What's wrong with the brakes?
By mtoda

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall we purchased our Honda Accord because of past experience owning one. Too bad for us that we found out that there are some build quality issues that, while not life threatening, are annoying nonetheless on a new car. These include such things as squealing brakes, adhesive protruding out behind plastic panels, and loose rear view mirror. Our manual transmission also is not as smooth as we've been accustomed too. We will be taking it into the dealership to see if we can get any of these issues taken care of. Unfortunately for Honda this will be the last Honda that we will buy.

Favorite Features

Still able to get it in manual transmission; interior space and ergonomics; nice and responsive engine; exterior design

Suggested Improvements

Do not give us a new car with brakes that squeal, improve build quality, rear seat A/C controls

Still the Benchmark
By 35Accord

2009 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Accord and they seem to get better with each new model.It's hard to find manual transmission Accords these days, but I located an LX-P and jumped on it. The 5 speed is the best on the planet. Overall there are no surprises and everything works with precision.

Favorite Features

Manual tranny, interior layout and quality.

Suggested Improvements

Put better tires on the car from the factory. Standard Dunlops will probably be toast in 40000 miles.