2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Upgrade from a Mercedes-Benz to a Honda
By garyinbillings on 11/26/08 18:01 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I took two and a half months to find a new vehicle. I own an E300 and ML350 Mercedes-Benz. I test drove the Mercedes-Benz C350, BMW 5 Series, Saab 9-5, Audi A6, Nissan Maxima, Toyota Avalon, Volkswagen Passat, Chevrolet Malibu, and Cadillac CTS. I drove various cars from Billings Montana to Missoula and back. After a great deal of research and testing I had no choice but to purchase a Honda Accord EX-L V6. In Montana you need a great dependable vehicle for mountain and urban driving which the Accord certainly is. I appreciate the quality, craftsmanship.

Simple and Reliable
By Jeson on 11/26/08 12:10 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove 09 models of Nissan Altima, Mazda 6, Ford Fusion and Hyundai Sonata. Honda Accord is the best choice, no doubt. I concede that Nissan Altima and Mazda 6 are little more fun to drive with their sporty look and more torque with better acceleration. However, when you realize the difference in the comfort, handling and smoothness of the Honda Accord, there is no need of second guessing yourself. Also the backseat leg space is ample.

Do not buy V6 AT
By jedk on 11/24/08 19:40 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As a Honda fan since 80 (first Civic) and having gone through every model since, I was pumped to get rid of my 95 accord with 240K on it. My search of reviews indicated the 09 Accord coupe was a good buy. Then I bought it and reality set in. The car constantly hunts between cylinders and when not on cruise control and is the most irritating thing I have ever experienced. Perhaps it is the letdown from my emotional attachment to Hondas. While I like everything else about the car, the VCM constantly changing speed trumps all that - and therefore DO NOT BUY.

Nice, but Ouch!!!
By Dmailbox on 11/24/08 10:08 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love the way my Honda looks drives. The ride is firm, but gentle and the braking is superb! The radio in the Ex-L sounds great. I am still trying to get used to the headlight flicker that occurs at night. Not sure what is causing that, but it is not that big of an issue. The one big issue that I am experiencing has to do with the driver's seat. The seatback has a pronounced lumbar support that "forces" your back into an S. For me, this becomes painful after a few minutes of driving. So much so that I may have to trade it in for a different car if I can't get used to it.

4-cyl with a kick
By Vic on 11/23/08 20:45 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Now that I have 3k miles on the car, I want to share my experience. I have a LX-S 4cyl model, in white. After the first month of ownership, I took the car for a weekend trip to central coast, CA (est. 600 miles). For a 4cyl, it has excellent acceleration (kinda reminded me of my 2002 Lexus IS, but not quite). It is very roomy and very stylist. The ride is a bit rougher than the Camry. The seats are a bit uncomfortable. Mechanic is good. Steering wheel does not vibrate like other 4cyl. Fuel to power ratio is excellent, maybe the best in its class. It would be much more fun to drive, if it had rear-wheel drive.

Luv It
By Tiff on 11/18/08 13:04 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Test drove a 2009 Civic was not impressed. Originally purchased 08 CR-V which was totaled. Test drove the Accord and loved it. Smooth drive works well for me and my husband.

Tried and true!
By Hondaman31 on 11/17/08 08:24 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I looked at the Hyundai, and Altima but I went for the better quality Honda. Every three years my lease is up and I try hard to stray away but fortunately every 3 years I make the right choice. This Honda is bigger than the Altima, Camry, Hyundai and just about as big as the BMW 5 series sedan. There is just enough of what you need here, and still remains very competitive in price and quality. I am happy with the interior quality, I am happy with the drive, and this is overall a very classy reliable car so far!

Best Full-Size Car
By William on 11/12/08 17:38 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my wife a 2009, Accord, EX-L, nav, with every option. We love the car. The car has Lexus and Infiniti styling at a fraction of the cost. More room than the M-series, and better mileage. This is our fourth Accord, and is our first leather Accord. The back seat room is incredibly large, and our sons are 6'2" and 6'4". Their legs don't touch the front seat. This is the best Accord that Honda has ever made. If I had the money, I would get two of them. Don't worry about the road noise. This car is pure quality.

Quality
By RC on 11/05/08 23:54 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned an Audi & a Lexus, but the '09 EX-L, 2d w/nav (4cy) is an incredible car. My first Honda and what a pleasure to drive. As quiet as either the Audi or Lexus. Craftsmanship is superb. I've already been asked by several people, "is that a BMW?" Ah nah, and I've got the extra cash in my pocket to prove it. Excellent ride.

09 Accord
By Dere on 11/05/08 18:00 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I initially had every intention of buying an 09 Civic. I test drove the Accord and fell in love with it. For three thousand more than the Civic it is a no brainer. I love it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord in VA is:

$124 per month*