2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Just Okay
By Ghary on 12/22/08 08:44 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is very pretty but don't let the looks fool you. I only have 800 miles on the car and so far it's been a bad experience. I never bought a Honda before and I am disappointed in every way. After hearing all the great reviews from everyone I had to try. The car rattles on medium radio volume (about talking level, I don't like loud music). No brand new car should rattle. The audio quality is horrible. Poor, not as expected gas mileage (16 mpg with mixed highway/city driving). The windows constantly fog up and rear defroster doesn't work. There's also a lot of road noise! I should have spent the extra money to get something else.

Back to Honda
By Don on 12/17/08 13:47 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I researched and drove multiple cars for months before deciding the V6 Navi was the best decision for the $. I wanted the coupe, but the back seat was a non-starter for adults. Awesome sound system! Mileage not what I expected from the VCM engine, and I drive with a light foot. Navi isn't intuitive yet, but I hope to be better with it after a couple months. The climate control system is exceptional. People I talk to through blue tooth say the sound quality is very good. Exceptionally fine handling and steering. After 4 Hondas and 3 Mercedes, I'm sold on Honda. Why pay twice as much for an unreliable Mercedes when you can have a car like this?

Better than a BMW 2006 330xi
By Stan Myers on 12/17/08 04:50 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I finally got out of my troublesome 2006 BMW 330x1. Was a $50,000 car that cannot compare to my now 2009 Honda 6 cylinder coupe. So far, I love the Honda. It is fast and rides much much better. I tried out the 2009 Lexus I250 and the 2008 Infiniti 35x. I could not justify spending $10,000 more for the Lexus or Infiniti when I get a car of the same quality for less!

made a good choice
By Mike B on 12/16/08 02:00 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After months of looking found blk/blk 2009 accord coupe. Love it. I'm the type that researches and test drives lots of vehicles prior to purchase. This car fit my needs: comfortable, safe, stylish, affordable, and quality build. No car has everything otherwise we would all be driving "that" car. The EX is good value but I think the EX-L in the 4 cylinder might be the apex of the group in terms of performance/value/style. The V6 is fast and will appeal to the enthusiast, but in my mind it would only get me a speeding ticket. The 190HP 4 banger is good once you get it above 3500 rpm. Below that accel is nothing to rave about. Buy this car in the EX-L: V4 for value; V6 for kicks.

The BEST car I've ever owned!
By Brian C. on 12/14/08 07:33 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After also considering the redesigned Mazda 6, I decided the Honda was the better choice. The design quality inside and out makes it seems like it is a BMW or Lexus, but at substantial savings. I've received so many compliments after only 1 month! The V6 engine has phenomenal power, but yet still gets decent gas mileage. The heated seats are very relaxing on a cold winter day. Temperature and audio controls are somewhat complex, but I'm getting used to it (Fan will all of a sudden start blowing at higher speed for some reason--not sure what's up with that.) Also VSA feature doesn't have a dashboard indicator saying whether it's on or off. Honda did a great job on this redesign!

Honda Accord EXL
By boilermaker on 12/12/08 08:17 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our third Honda Accord. We had a 1993 LX and a 1999 EXL. This 2008 Honda is the best yet! The overall interior space is big enough for 4 passengers, and the EXL Leather Interior has the same build quality as our $55,000 Lexus. The 4 cylinder is peppy, and never seems under-powered. You could spend a lot more for a car; but why?

Almost in Love
By dps130 on 12/08/08 18:45 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After many test drives, Avalon, Camry, Altima Coupe, Jetta - I traded in my Maxima and purchased the Accord Coupe V6. My second Accord in 4 years and I must admit the styling is a knockout. The black on black is a beautiful combo. Handling, comfort, dash layout, ergonomics - top of the line. If you took off the badges I'm sure people would not know what it is - this isn't your folks Accord. Only complaint is the variable cylinder concept. When cruising the car feels like it is skipping, missing, sputtering. When you give it some gas the puppy jumps. I love it but would have preferred a manual. I do miss the Bose sound system in the Maxima. Overall a great car at a great price!!

What a great surprise.
By ggin on 12/05/08 15:50 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm a very satisfied customer. I had driven several other competitors and hands down, Honda Accord won out. I love the overall performance and comfort. There is also a lot of leg room for both front and back passengers. Plenty of storage space in the trunk. The overall performance on the highway is super smooth and fast. Lots of fun to drive.

One great car
By mike on 12/02/08 13:02 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Smooth ride; great looking, classy exterior. Roomy interior; excellent control panel.

Affordable sporty luxury
By BARLEYCORN on 11/30/08 00:39 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Park the accord coupe next to an entry level ($40,000) bmw, mercedes, lexus, or infiniti, and it will visually blow them all away, for 10 grand less. I just bought a black with black leather interior. Sharp, comfortable, and stylish. EX-L V-6 without nav. The chrome doorhandles, chrome around side windows and dual chrome exhaust and the wheels shout tasteful class. This car puts a smile on my face every time I look at it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord in VA is:

$124 per month*