2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great Car for the Money
By ZKeith on 01/16/09 12:58 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car now for 2 months and have been very happy with it. It's a great value for the money and looks more like it should have an Acura badge than a Honda. I've been in an Acura CL Coupe and this car is very similar - maybe even nicer inside.

2009 Honda
By James Stevens on 01/15/09 13:17 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very satisfied to date, car is 2009, I presently have 3800 miles, I am retired, this spring will take long trips. I had a 2005 Linc T/C, thought I would have major driving transition, not so, I find Honda 6 fun to drive, fast, comfortable, alert, & certainly never think about gas vs Linc

Very nice car
By very nice car on 01/14/09 15:15 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I waited till I had about 1,500 miles on my car before evaluating it, and I can say, it is still my favorite car that I've ever owned. I had a 1994 Integra before this, and this is worlds apart in comfort, ride, noise (lack of), and style. It doesn't corner like a 2700 pound integra, but it still handles better than most 3500 pound cars. I got a manual, and it's the smoothest one I've ever used. I was surprised to find that the gear ratios for the manual are similar to the automatic, so there's not much difference in performance. The only "fit and finish" problem I have is the trunk lid is little lower on one side.

Jury Still Out
By David on 01/09/09 15:37 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After many years a Toyota owner I cut the cord and went with this top of the line Honda because of the new design and increase in rear space. Clients feel comfortable and many compliments on style of car. I hope after purchasing it for an extended period of time I learn to enjoy it more. Been very unhappy with brakes. Inside comfort has been less than desirable especially for longer drive periods and I feel less spacious than I thought when I test drove it. The side pockets, center console and under radio compartment (which is very hard to get to) provides for not much space. When carrying a cell phone on your hip, the seat belt snap is in a bad location. But little space left to store it.

Looks good but....
By RC on 01/04/09 14:13 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A sharp looking car that turns heads. To be a 4 cylinder, I like the pickup. I drive 180 miles a day to and from work which is all interstate, so keeping up with traffic is no problem. But.. the drivers seat is very uncomfortable, the radio cuts out when using a gps unit plugged into the power port, passenger seat when pushed up to let passenger into back seat does not return to its original setting, always has to be reset, road noise is bad, headlights dim down when compressor kicks in, gas cap will scratch side of car so be sure to put it in the cap rest in the gas door. I've always been a Pontiac man, and I sure do miss my Bonneville. This is the first and last Honda I will ever own.

Glad I Did!
By MrsL on 01/03/09 03:33 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I originally went to the dealer just to check out the Honda Civic and since I was looking for a car that would cost me less in gas. I test drove the Honda Civic and I parked it next to the Honda Accord. I asked the salesman if I could also test drive the Accord. Well, I did and it was a grand ride. I was thoroughly impressed. This car is a keeper. I just love it. When I walk out to it and get in, I am so happy. The handling, the comfort, the radio controls on the steering wheel are superb. I called one of my good friends to tell her the call I had purchased an Accord and she had purchased the same car in a different color just a week earlier and she loves it too.

Honda Coupe LX-S
By HondaTex on 01/01/09 11:05 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After researching several competing models I settled on the Honda Coupe 4 cyl. automatic. It seemed to offer a reasonable compromise between fuel economy and sporty styling. The ride/drive was uninspiring until adding after market 18 inch wheels and 245/40/18" tires which made the car a much more enjoyable vehicle in most all respects, primarily due to the reduction in unsprung weight (check the weight of the factory wheel tire combo). I'm averaging 28 MPG overall, and with the acceptable performance of the 190 HP 4 cyl., I don't feel like I'm driving a "econobox".

Fun to Drive
By Joseph on 12/28/08 08:34 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After Driving an SUV for the past 10 years I decided to go back to a sedan. My wife drives the Odyssey, and she fell in love with Honda, so did I. I looked at the BMW 328xi and thought I would purchase it after the test drive until I drove the Accord. The Accord was 13 thousand dollars less and that was for the top of the line EX-L with navigation. It look fantastic I'm very happy to have two Hondas in the Driveway, especially with 3 kids safety and reliability made the Honda a no brainer.

Excellent Sedan
By NewHondaFan on 12/27/08 21:24 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I love the car. The standard safety features are excellent. We first planned on getting a LX, but chose an EX instead for its upgraded engine and moonroof, both of which are worth the extra money. Having owned a Camry in the past, we are extremely pleased with Accord's driving performance and how we 'feel the road.' Don't worry about the road noise or seat comfort (lack of). We also looked at Altima, Camry, and Prius, but we thought Accord had the best overall value. Go and test-drive for yourself.

What an awesome car!
By Brian C. on 12/27/08 12:39 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After buying my first new Honda (CRX in '89 which I loved), I couldn't wait to buy Honda again after owning several other brands. This car gets so many looks and compliments--it's often mistaken for a BWW or Lexus! I'm so glad I chose the V6 model-the power is incredible..also the silver door handles give it a nice quality touch. The temperature and audio controls can be somewhat complicated at first, but I am starting to get used to them. Everything is explained in the manuals, so read up! The heated seats are a nice welcoming feel on a cold winter day. Great job Honda! What an improvement over the previous body style (yawn).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord in VA is:

$124 per month*