Used 2009 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Turn up the radio
By tdfx5

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Fortunately the sound system is decent, as it helps to drown out all the road and wind noise. What happened to the sound deadening on this car? Depending on road surface, it can be hard to carry on a conversation. Despite the fussy- looking dash and console, all controls work well. Ride and handling are sound, and the 4-cylinder is more than adequate while delivering decent mileage. Purchased on Honda name and reputation, but overall this car has been a bit of a letdown.

Favorite Features

Styling. Balanced ride and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Road and wind noise. Exterior fit and finish not stellar. No fog lights and trunk lid trim in a $27K car?

Superior Vehicle
By TJC

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I spent months researching cars before purchasing my Accord EX-L V6. If you want something reliable, sporty, stylish, fuel efficient and comfortable, you should definitely look at the Accord. For the money, and for somebody who doesn't require a bigger vehicle (no kids, etc.), this car is worth looking at. The top of the line trim comes at a great price for all of the features and the quality (and it looks better than the cheaper trims, too). Lastly, for a coupe, it's large enough that you're comfortable. I just ask anyone considering this car to test drive it. If it's for you, you'll know it.

Favorite Features

1) Beautiful styling. The car looks like an Acura, putting competitors like the Nissan Altima coupe to shame. 2) Performance. The V6 handles well in snow and rain, and is fast. 3) Comfort. The car is big enough to not make you feel squished, and the high quality of the interior is superb.

Suggested Improvements

At 4,000 miles, I had to replace the break pads. Honda's warranty took care of the cost, but it was a nuisance. Something about the change of seasons causing them to harden and squeal. That shouldn't happen with a new car.

Great Car
By Bostonlawyer

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After agonizing over Avalon, Lincoln MKS, Camry, Taurus, Fusion, and starting my search determined to buy American, I arrived at the conclusion that this was the most car built by American workers on the market. The ride is just a step below the Acura TL, the gas economy for a v6 is wonderful, especially balanced against the power and acceleration the engine provides. The only bad thing I can say about the seats is that they are not quite as supportive as those in the Acura TL. Let me tell you, if you want the same equipment in a Taurus or an Avalon or Lincoln you will need another $7,000.00 so do yourself a favor and put the extra money in your pocket and seriously consider this car.

Favorite Features

navi, eco engine feature, gas economy and back seat room

Suggested Improvements

Offer Acura TL driver seat as a top- end option with EX-L.

Excellent Car
By Car Buyer

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car a couple weeks ago and I must say it is a fabulous car. I did a lot of research before buying this car and I really wanted a safe car because this is my first car. I was looking at this and the Camry and this car by far drove a lot better than the 4 cylinder Camry. It drives just as well as a 6 cylinder. The interior of the car is extremely classy looking and superb. Everything I've ever wanted in a car and more. True luxury car for a non-luxury car price. This car has pretty much everything! It's such a joy to drive. =)

Favorite Features

I love all the little features like the cord holding onto the gas cap, ipod plug in, and how it has the name of the songs playing. The dual air conditioning is also nice.

Suggested Improvements

The head cushion is uncomfortable and the gas mileage isn't as good as I was expecting. Exterior design of the car could also be improved.

Visibility when it rains
By Donna

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a problem...rain on the outside of the window and the mirror makes for a difficult time changing lanes. You can't see.

Favorite Features

Color

Suggested Improvements

Better Visibility