Used 2009 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Seats are Awful
By dissappointed

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The seats are way too hard and the contour is not needed. I can't stand to drive or sit in this car, it is a PAINFUL experience. Honda doesn't care!

Favorite Features

The look and peppy engine and roomy on inside.

Suggested Improvements

Rear brakes grind with only a few hundred miles on the car and the seats are horrible, just no comfort at all. If you ride in the car longer than 30 minutes you will notice. Very firm and the contour is narrow.

Road noise and yet still more and more.
By Chuck

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well, I reviewed this Honda back In April and here it is mid September. In addition to my post on 04/26/09 I'd have to add more bad news. In addition to the gripes I have with the car the list grows still larger. The seats are the worst seats in any car I've owned and I've once owned a Yugo when I was a lad so I know a bad seat when I feel one. Also the Brake discs are now warped and feel that "judder" one feels when you brake. I have had many cars but never one that had just 7,000 miles on it that felt this old so fast. The sunroof although has only been opened a few times sometimes takes 2-3 times to close. I went to try and trade it in they offered me 18-19K after only 5 months.

Suggested Improvements

The only way to improve this car would be fire whoever is in charge of development at Honda.

Don't get this car in Pearl or with Leather
By JavierDiaz4

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my accord. It's my third accord actually. But this one must was the black sheep of them all. I have a discolored rear pearl bumper that I have become accustomed to. Looks the worst when it rains since the car is pearl white. The bumper is more like a creamy color. But now the inside is bugging me, the arm rest looks like junk, the leather is bubbling up really, really bad. Soon it's going to all become lifted off. There's actually websites talking about this issue all around the web. Honda says it's not covered by warranty. They quote me a price, which is over 20% more expensive than I can get online. Why would they charge to fix this since it's obviously a quality issue.

Suggested Improvements

Leather and Paint! Do what you did from 2006-2007.

Noise
By Tom S

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Brake noise - high pitched squeal. Rattle of the back panel by the rear speakers against the rear window. Road Noise.

Favorite Features

Roomy, even at high speeds.

Suggested Improvements

See review above

Superb Car!
By RAZORMAN

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm not sure why there are a lot of complaints about this car. Mine has been an extremely pleasureful car to drive. For a great price, you get a car with the superior Honda quality and technology, great acceleration (had it up to 130 with power to spare), comfortable and in a very attractive package. I looked at BMW, Mercedes and Lexus. This Accord was whole lot less money and gave all the features yet again, with the Honda reliability and quality. I love the car and I'm very happy with the purchase.

Favorite Features

Power, quality and looks. "It's Logical Luxury"

Suggested Improvements

I can always use more power!