Used 2009 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

What's wrong with the brakes?
By mtoda

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall we purchased our Honda Accord because of past experience owning one. Too bad for us that we found out that there are some build quality issues that, while not life threatening, are annoying nonetheless on a new car. These include such things as squealing brakes, adhesive protruding out behind plastic panels, and loose rear view mirror. Our manual transmission also is not as smooth as we've been accustomed too. We will be taking it into the dealership to see if we can get any of these issues taken care of. Unfortunately for Honda this will be the last Honda that we will buy.

Still able to get it in manual transmission; interior space and ergonomics; nice and responsive engine; exterior design

Do not give us a new car with brakes that squeal, improve build quality, rear seat A/C controls

Still the Benchmark
By 35Accord

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Accord and they seem to get better with each new model.It's hard to find manual transmission Accords these days, but I located an LX-P and jumped on it. The 5 speed is the best on the planet. Overall there are no surprises and everything works with precision.

Manual tranny, interior layout and quality.

Put better tires on the car from the factory. Standard Dunlops will probably be toast in 40000 miles.

Seats are Awful
By dissappointed

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The seats are way too hard and the contour is not needed. I can't stand to drive or sit in this car, it is a PAINFUL experience. Honda doesn't care!

The look and peppy engine and roomy on inside.

Rear brakes grind with only a few hundred miles on the car and the seats are horrible, just no comfort at all. If you ride in the car longer than 30 minutes you will notice. Very firm and the contour is narrow.

Road noise and yet still more and more.
By Chuck

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well, I reviewed this Honda back In April and here it is mid September. In addition to my post on 04/26/09 I'd have to add more bad news. In addition to the gripes I have with the car the list grows still larger. The seats are the worst seats in any car I've owned and I've once owned a Yugo when I was a lad so I know a bad seat when I feel one. Also the Brake discs are now warped and feel that "judder" one feels when you brake. I have had many cars but never one that had just 7,000 miles on it that felt this old so fast. The sunroof although has only been opened a few times sometimes takes 2-3 times to close. I went to try and trade it in they offered me 18-19K after only 5 months.

The only way to improve this car would be fire whoever is in charge of development at Honda.

Don't get this car in Pearl or with Leather
By JavierDiaz4

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my accord. It's my third accord actually. But this one must was the black sheep of them all. I have a discolored rear pearl bumper that I have become accustomed to. Looks the worst when it rains since the car is pearl white. The bumper is more like a creamy color. But now the inside is bugging me, the arm rest looks like junk, the leather is bubbling up really, really bad. Soon it's going to all become lifted off. There's actually websites talking about this issue all around the web. Honda says it's not covered by warranty. They quote me a price, which is over 20% more expensive than I can get online. Why would they charge to fix this since it's obviously a quality issue.

Leather and Paint! Do what you did from 2006-2007.