2009 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Come On Honda
By pieceofchum on 09/26/11 12:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I would never recommend a Honda Accord 2009+. My 2009 Accord LX is at best sub par for Honda. I have had 3 other Honda vehicles and they were all excellent except this one. The rear of the car squeeks terribly while going over bumps. The brakes feel like I am standing on a gym floor while 20 kids dribble basketballs - never had breaks that felt like this ever in any other vehicle. The seats are the most uncomfortable seats I have ever had in a vehicle, lumbar pushes into your back to much, the foam is way to stiff and the side bolsters too narrrow. Car vibrates with ac on at a stop.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!
By bmwfan24 on 09/20/11 10:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As you can see from the other reviews this car has reliability issue and the car feels cheap. There's alots of interior road noise along with too much dash board noise. Alots of stuff squeaks and the car seems cheaper than a KIA. BUT THE MAIN REASON I HATE THIS CAR IS BECAUSE IT HAS NOOOOOOO POWER. This is a heavy car and it only has 190 horse power...really?! My 2001 Camry v4 picks up better. This car SUCKS at picking upeverytime I find myself going over 4000rpm thus messing up my MPG!!! DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! look at the MAxima or altima they're better!!!!!!

My first and for sure last honda car: Steering wheel problem persists for 2 and half years
By bibhuti on 09/17/11 08:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got the car 2 years and 6 months back. Within first month the steering wheel gave me noises. At first honda did tried to avoid it, but finally they changed. Since then I have vibrations in my steering wheel at 70mph. The dealer has not been able to fix it since then. The car has a very stiff and bumpy ride. My daughter (she is now 4 months) constantly groans when she is in the car. Wind noise is so loud that you feel less noise in Chevy traverse or subaru outback on highway with window half opened than the Accord with window closed! Leather seats are hard and uncomfortable

This will be my first and last honda
By mylasthonda on 08/29/11 11:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Accord in Nov 2009. I only have 25000 miles on it and I hate the car. The quality really sucks. 1. The passenger door lock is making a squeaking noise. 2. The seatbelt on the rear seat is twisted because it was not installed properly. 3. Driver window has a click the sound like the glass is hitting something. 4. the transmission slammed several times on me when i started the car. 5. The breaks vibrate on high speed. 6. I am just wait for the excessive oil consumption like many people have. 7. Car insurance cost more than my BMW. Very disappointed. Not even comfortable driving the car because I am scare the car is going to crap out way too soon.

Headrest from hell!
By tj99 on 06/22/11 20:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this card for just over two years. So far, the car has been fine mechanically. Had to fix a noise coming from the console, that took a while to resolve. But the absolute biggest complaint I have is the headrest. It pushes your head forward. During a recent vacation, I developed an aggravating pain in my neck and upper shoulders because of the way this headrest is designed. I was told it was required by law to prevent whip lash. Well, how about the problem it causes someone during everyday driving? I have this car on lease, and because of this, I will lease or buy another vehicle that has a headrest that pushes my head forward.

Shame on you Honda!If you have money to pay the repairs, buy Honda!
By owner2009 on 06/10/11 21:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought a new Honda Accord 2009 for my husband in June '09. He's tall (6.02) and we couldn't afford a SUV. This was the only car with enough space for his legs. He heard the brakes noise from the beginning. We took it to the dealer..they said nothing was wrong. NOW, we have to pay the repairs for the front and rear rotors and brake pads! 2 years and 34000mile only. They were going to a law suit at the time we bought this car! We had no idea! But the dealer knew...they didn't care ! Not then, not when I went back, not even now! Shame on them! Premature rotors & brakes pads wear ! It's a manufacture problem; they'll not agree with that! This is my first and last Honda. It's for sale

2009 Accords Have So Many Problems
By goldmanf on 05/15/11 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What's happening to Honda cars... My first Honda was 1978 Civic. I traded all of my several Honda cars (Civic, Accords and Pilots)around 160K miles for newer ones. My parents, my sibling families love the Honda cars. This trend is ending. This piece of garbage 2009 Accord EXL is a piece of junk from day one. The brake squeak and I thought it need to be brake in. A year later, I complained to the dealer and I was told that is a known problem. I was told ny Honda service advisor that just turn on the stereo louder and I will be fine. Now, I just found out the well known A/C condensor prone to damage from road debris. Is this US specific Honda issue???

I HATE THIS CAR!!!
By chloebee on 04/12/11 06:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I hate this car and this has been the worst car buying experience ever. My first car note and I'm so unhappy. This was my first "supposedly new" Honda. I had two in the past that were excellent. The brakes are bad, bad, bad!!! I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone!!! I participated in the class action law suit and received a refunds after having brakes changed four times. I purchased my car in March 2009 and I've spent entirely too much time the dealership and of course, brakes are not covered under the warranty. I'm so disappointed with this car and would like something else.

Great car...few flaws...
By zabdeali on 01/13/11 15:32 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I heard the seats were a little uncomfortable and found a way to fix it! The lumbar support is a little stiff and if you stick something in the headrest while pushing it forward, it makes a HUGE difference. The lumbar goes back significantly and the seat is much more comfortable. Other then that, this car has been awesome!

Bye Bye Honda
By Rob on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

For the last 12 years every car I bought was a honda product. That would be 5 cars, most higher end. I bought a 2009 accord, new with a V6 and everything but Nav. I needed a valve job (4 of 6 were toast) after 8 k. The car was never the same, poor power, power fuel economy.I was concerned,the dealer said they would stand behind it. the transmission started making noise and the brakes went early.Honda claimed nothing was wrong. Brakes went early & basically honda would not stand behind product. They strung me along till i was passed lemon law miles and then said good bye. I feel this car was about what i would expect from ford for $10 k less. Honda lost me.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord Sedan in VA is:

$124 per month*