Used 2009 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Not a bad car but not a great car
By jbaby79

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it used with about 38K on it and it has 76K on the it now. I drive roughly 19K a year and have had no major issues. Got the rear brakes taken care of with the Honda settlement. It gets me from point A to B just fine. The interior is just ok. Seats are not comfortable for long drives and the driver side showing signs of wear. There is a lot of road noise and the car ride is a little floaty. There a are a few rattles. I replaced the stock wheels with the V6 Accord rims which improved handling a bit (wider rim size). Also will put on TSX sway bar. VCM can get annoying at times but that's how it gets the better gas mileage.

Navigation system

Make the VCM an option on the V6 sedan. Offer a sports package on the V6 sedan as well.

Ain't an Aston Martin but it's Pretty Darn A-Okay
By slimm1470

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

These reviews kill me. People gripe about stuff they should have noticed on the test drive. They obviously didn't do their due diligence and now they're pissed at themselves for buying a car that doesn't please them. Well, duh. I bought this one with 48k miles, now it's at 70k. It's been great! Yes, it has road noise and yes, a bit of body roll. I knew that going in. The steering and front end are excellent. The engine (V6) and transmission are strong and very fast. It's been reliable with no complaints. I drive it a bit hard so the fuel mileage averages 24 city & highway. On a long trip it's comfortable and quick. If you find one properly serviced, drive it first, then buy the sucker!

Steering and front end Engine, transmission Good leather Comfortable seats Reliability and Build Quality

Reduce road noise and body roll

Quality, Quality, Reliability
By jarred

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is true that most people who write reviews are the ones with problems, and they want/need to vent. Happy customers just enjoy their purchases. But still, reading some of the low reviews here makes you wonder: are those people for real? In my experience Honda is nothing but quality, quality and reliability. My wife and I bought our 2009 EX-L V6 accord with 44000 miles on it. The car drove like new from the dealer, and drives beautifully now, almost a year later. Everything works perfect, the doors close with a nice thud, the engine is smooth like butter. Steering is sooo precise, every switch and control operates with assurance. Seats are comfortable and we have no problem with brakes.

The engine is powerful, quiet and very smooth. 90% of the time I don't need to go above 2000 RPM to keep up with traffic. It nicely switches between 6 and 3 cylinders to save gas.

The only thing I wish for would be less road noise. The engine is nice and quiet, it's the tires on highway driving that could be quieter, in the city it's fine. Also I found the steering wheel a little bit "too hard", so I put a soft cover on it, with a more rubbery grip.

Very solid purschase
By booth1986

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car, love the interior and exterior. Have not had a single problem in 35K miles, just went on a 2,000 mile road trip and it was great! Very comfortable. I wish the fuel economy was better though. I only observed between 25-27 MPG on the whole trip and it is only a 4 cylinder engine... It had no trouble getting up hills, and the transmission did a flawless job holding speed down steep grades.

Sunroof, heated leather seats, dual zone climate, cargo/space all over.

Fuel economy (25-27 on a road trip, the highest I got was from Vegas to So Cal @ 31), sound deadening (it is very loud all the time, especially on a freeway), transmission smoothness (Hard/abrupt shifts). Stock tires are garbage, loud, do not absorb bumps well enough, and do not hold up well. stock brakes are loud and do not last long enough. Interior needs less buttons, and bluetooth, trip meter, tinted windows and dual power seats should have been standard for an EX-L model (No nav). For $29K MSRP, I could have gotten a used Acura TL which I would have been happier with.

First Time Accord Owner (EX-L)
By car_nut2

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm a car afficionado, so I notice a lot of details. The pluses include great reliability (no probs after 57K), beautiful driveline (acceleration and smoothline) with the upline 189 HP EX-L engine, paint and leather holding up well, first Accord that had enough styling that I would consider getting one. The bad are EXCESSIVE body roll--I came from a sports sedan and in the Honda you simply cannot go around corner fast, it's like riding in a tall SUV. Excessive buttons--I still haven't changed the clock for daylight savings as I'm sick of opening the manual to learn the buttons for everything, rear end styling is droopy (front and side much nicer), ROAD NOISE, lack of any interior luxury.

Upline 189 HP 4 cylinder in EX-L, driveline (interaction of engine and tranny), reliability perfect after 56K (great job Honda), fuel economy, best exterior styling ever for an Accord by far (except of course the '13s which are improved even more), outward visibility, dealership experience has been positive (other than wanting to do excessive fluid changes), original price was a bargain compared to the sports sedan category I'm used to.

Add noise insulation, mount battery and other parts LOWER so the thing doesn't feel like it will tip over when going around a corner (I was amazed how poorly it handles after I bought it), quality of interior leather rather middle of the road (definitely not luxury quality), A/C only average so please make more powerful, changing clock requires opening manual, would like more FRONT leg room (the back is great but I'm tall UP FRONT), speakers are garbage compared to lux-sports sedan class I'm used to (Really poor), in this year model bluetooth and push button start were not included. If the Mazda dealer wasn't a pain I was going to buy that, but got angry and bought Honda. Probably goodmove