2009 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great Car, Bad Leather
By Honda on 10/01/09 20:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive 6 speed manual, Great features for the price. Decent MPG and excellent performance. Leather seats are poor quality, and wear badly. Only other disappointment is with the TPMS not working with snow tires after paying up for the sensors. Would love to have the EV-L options without the leather. Exterior looks are very nice. Really enjoy the car. Dash controls are a bit overly complicated. Car feels like a Honda, it will run a long time with no major repairs. Honda did miss their standard of quality with the leather seats.

Turn up the radio
By tdfx5 on 09/30/09 19:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Fortunately the sound system is decent, as it helps to drown out all the road and wind noise. What happened to the sound deadening on this car? Depending on road surface, it can be hard to carry on a conversation. Despite the fussy- looking dash and console, all controls work well. Ride and handling are sound, and the 4-cylinder is more than adequate while delivering decent mileage. Purchased on Honda name and reputation, but overall this car has been a bit of a letdown.

Superior Vehicle
By TJC on 09/30/09 17:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I spent months researching cars before purchasing my Accord EX-L V6. If you want something reliable, sporty, stylish, fuel efficient and comfortable, you should definitely look at the Accord. For the money, and for somebody who doesn't require a bigger vehicle (no kids, etc.), this car is worth looking at. The top of the line trim comes at a great price for all of the features and the quality (and it looks better than the cheaper trims, too). Lastly, for a coupe, it's large enough that you're comfortable. I just ask anyone considering this car to test drive it. If it's for you, you'll know it.

Practical and Cute
By Mary-Mary on 09/22/09 21:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After researching I was in love with the Accord Coupe design. I bought one. Belize Blue. It's cute and practical (I can drive a week on one tank of gas). This is a car for someone who doesn't want to buy premium gas or pay high insurance rates while still looking stylish and "with it".

Why did I buy a 2009 Honda Accord?!
By Bad Choice on 09/18/09 07:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am very upset with Honda and how they are handling the complaints. I have had just about every issue discussed...brakes, tires, handle, lights, mileage and additionally the tube to the exhaust came off so my vehicle sounded like a race car for a bit! How embarrassing! The worst part about it is the issues are not one time they happen over and over again. The dealership said "there was no recall" and that they could only fix with what Honda sends them. So, I called Honda directly and they responded by saying "there is no recall on the vehicle". Unbelievable. I believe both dealership and Honda Corp. are in denial and don't want to spend the money or invest the time to make it right.

Brake noise
By JJ on 09/11/09 04:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

There is considerable road noise, and there is a MAJOR problem with the brake noise (on both my 2008 sedan and 2009 coupe). Honda definitely needs to fix this. Dealership told me basically my driving was crappy and that's why the brakes were squealing. The Honda Accord is an economy car. If you want bells and whistles buy a Lexus, BMW, or Mercedes!

Safe Car
By nightshiftRN on 08/31/09 09:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm a 22 y.o. new grad with NO CREDIT HISTORY and Honda was the only dealer that financed me through one of their "new grad programs." I am happy with the car, gas mileage is LESS than what I expected from a Honda. Sad to say I got rear ended 2 weeks after I got it. I didn't feel too much impact even though the bumper got messed up bad from a four car collision, SO ITS A VERY SAFE, RELIABLE CAR. The body is much improvement from later models. This is the 3rd Accord Model our family has. BUT, I think if I only waited for a few months, I could have gotten the 2010 CAMARO instead. Oh well, I'll stick to this one... for now.

My Accord Experience
By Lord_darklantern on 08/30/09 23:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Car has been pretty good so far. It's not bad for a 4 cylinder. The ride is ok. You can tell they cut corners from the previous generation model. It's bigger than I would have liked it to be but I did not like the styling of the civic, and I thought it was a little smaller than I wanted. Overall not a bad car, but not Honda's best in my opinion having experience with 3 Accords before. Also the braks wear out prematurely (my back brakes wore out after 17,700 miles) only owning the car for 10 months. Buyer beware the brakes have a design flaw noted in the currant issue of Motor trend. They got only 15,000 on a set of 4 brakes and were quite shocked when they took it into the dealer.

Looks good AND...
By KC on 08/27/09 23:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drive it to work mostly, and it turns heads, being very exotic and unique without many Accord Coupes on the road. I don't mind the seats at all, as I don't plan on falling asleep in my car. Very roomy interior, the control is no comparison to my old vehicle. Only downside is the vehicle is quite heavy in bulk, and it does take some power to go up hills. But that has always been an issue with fuel economic cars. Power vs. fuel consumption. The car just looks really nice, and its drivable for someone young and car loving like me.

Shouldn't need to "get used" to seats
By dbdc22 on 08/10/09 10:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The seats (EX-L coupe) are simply awful for both me and my passenger. I get back pain, and my passenger gets neck pain from the head restraint. None of this was apparent on the test drive. Takes about 45 mins. or an hour to kick in. I have never had this experience in over 35 years of car ownership! Also don't like rear visibility. Can't see objects in rear quarter, and hard to tell where the rear bumper is in parking. Finally, low end torque with 190 Hp is still sub-par. On paper (and test drive) this is a fine car. Have owned two other Honda's with no problems. Unfortunately I let that sway my purchase. Am considering trading in for something else, with only 1100 miles.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord Coupe in NJ is:

$245 per month*