Used 2009 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Most Helpful|
Poor Build Quality 2009
By Jonboy6

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Brakes squeak from day one, transmission makes shredding, tearing noises when putting in reverse and then drive, headrest forces your head forward, when full gas tank sounds like a swimming pool sloshing around and already had a safety recall for poor build quality with "noises" coming from the back of the car. Road noise is horrible on certain roads. You still want to risk buying this car?? My last Honda ever!

Favorite Features

The style and looks of the car are very nice. Handles well with decent acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Improve suspension, build quality. Road noise is awful and front driver seat needs improvements. Build quality is very subpar. Improve Honda Customer Service its way too arrogant. Transmission is subpar and way too noisy. Brakes are dreadfully noisy. Did I mention the awful build quality???

Comfort of Accord Needs Improvement
By kproulx

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall, a great car, however, the seats are very uncomfortable. If they provide better seats or offer improved seating, I would never even consider another car. If they don't fix this, I will definitely consider a different make and model.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats. This is the second Accord I have owned and it continues to be an issue. If not fixed, I will not buy another Honda.

Bye Bye Honda
By Rob

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

For the last 12 years every car I bought was a honda product. That would be 5 cars, most higher end. I bought a 2009 accord, new with a V6 and everything but Nav. I needed a valve job (4 of 6 were toast) after 8 k. The car was never the same, poor power, power fuel economy.I was concerned,the dealer said they would stand behind it. the transmission started making noise and the brakes went early.Honda claimed nothing was wrong. Brakes went early & basically honda would not stand behind product. They strung me along till i was passed lemon law miles and then said good bye. I feel this car was about what i would expect from ford for $10 k less. Honda lost me.

Favorite Features

when you have so many major headaches there is nothing favorite about such a car

Suggested Improvements

Go back to what they were doing before 2008 because I hear that accord has similar problems. I think they hit the skids w/ the rest of the auto industry and went on the cheap - so I paid top $ for a cut rate product

My hard earned money down the drain!
By mccray35453

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had purchased my 2009 Accord in Nov. '11. the brakes sqweaked the next day, and still is now! Had taken the car to Midas, and was told the brakes looks brand new. Yet, sqweeking! The arm rest is wrinkled/bubble. I had read where someone said "the dealer" it was due to body oils. No one sits in the passenger side of my car, so why it it wrinkled/bubbled?! The trunk rattles like nobody's business, the AC makes a funny noise when on low, like it needs oil. Same Honda doesn't stand behind their vehicles, but then again, with these complaints, I would stand behind them either...physically! Here I come Nissan!

Favorite Features

The use of the key fob to open/close windows/sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Listen to the people! Softer leather, durable armrest,

Door lock actuators
By denisehamdi

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2009 Honda Accord used with approx 18,000 miles on it. I love it!! The only issue I have is that I have had to replace the 2 door lock actuators on the driver's side. Now the back passenger actuator is going. I'm going to wait until the front passenger actuator goes so I can replace them at the same time. It seems that's an issue of the part. Otherwise LOVE my Honda!!!

Favorite Features

Manual drive, sunroof, stereo