2009 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Honda Accord EXL
By boilermaker on 12/12/08 08:17 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our third Honda Accord. We had a 1993 LX and a 1999 EXL. This 2008 Honda is the best yet! The overall interior space is big enough for 4 passengers, and the EXL Leather Interior has the same build quality as our $55,000 Lexus. The 4 cylinder is peppy, and never seems under-powered. You could spend a lot more for a car; but why?

What a great surprise.
By ggin on 12/05/08 15:50 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm a very satisfied customer. I had driven several other competitors and hands down, Honda Accord won out. I love the overall performance and comfort. There is also a lot of leg room for both front and back passengers. Plenty of storage space in the trunk. The overall performance on the highway is super smooth and fast. Lots of fun to drive.

One great car
By mike on 12/02/08 13:02 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Smooth ride; great looking, classy exterior. Roomy interior; excellent control panel.

Upgrade from a Mercedes-Benz to a Honda
By garyinbillings on 11/26/08 18:01 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I took two and a half months to find a new vehicle. I own an E300 and ML350 Mercedes-Benz. I test drove the Mercedes-Benz C350, BMW 5 Series, Saab 9-5, Audi A6, Nissan Maxima, Toyota Avalon, Volkswagen Passat, Chevrolet Malibu, and Cadillac CTS. I drove various cars from Billings Montana to Missoula and back. After a great deal of research and testing I had no choice but to purchase a Honda Accord EX-L V6. In Montana you need a great dependable vehicle for mountain and urban driving – which the Accord certainly is. I appreciate the quality, craftsmanship.

Simple and Reliable
By Jeson on 11/26/08 12:10 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove 09 models of Nissan Altima, Mazda 6, Ford Fusion and Hyundai Sonata. Honda Accord is the best choice, no doubt. I concede that Nissan Altima and Mazda 6 are little more fun to drive with their sporty look and more torque with better acceleration. However, when you realize the difference in the comfort, handling and smoothness of the Honda Accord, there is no need of second guessing yourself. Also the backseat leg space is ample.

Nice, but Ouch!!!
By Dmailbox on 11/24/08 10:08 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love the way my Honda looks drives. The ride is firm, but gentle and the braking is superb! The radio in the Ex-L sounds great. I am still trying to get used to the headlight flicker that occurs at night. Not sure what is causing that, but it is not that big of an issue. The one big issue that I am experiencing has to do with the driver's seat. The seatback has a pronounced lumbar support that "forces" your back into an S. For me, this becomes painful after a few minutes of driving. So much so that I may have to trade it in for a different car if I can't get used to it.

Luv It
By Tiff on 11/18/08 13:04 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Test drove a 2009 Civic was not impressed. Originally purchased 08 CR-V which was totaled. Test drove the Accord and loved it. Smooth drive works well for me and my husband.

Tried and true!
By Hondaman31 on 11/17/08 08:24 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I looked at the Hyundai, and Altima but I went for the better quality Honda. Every three years my lease is up and I try hard to stray away but fortunately every 3 years I make the right choice. This Honda is bigger than the Altima, Camry, Hyundai and just about as big as the BMW 5 series sedan. There is just enough of what you need here, and still remains very competitive in price and quality. I am happy with the interior quality, I am happy with the drive, and this is overall a very classy reliable car so far!

Best Full-Size Car
By William on 11/12/08 17:38 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my wife a 2009, Accord, EX-L, nav, with every option. We love the car. The car has Lexus and Infiniti styling at a fraction of the cost. More room than the M-series, and better mileage. This is our fourth Accord, and is our first leather Accord. The back seat room is incredibly large, and our sons are 6'2" and 6'4". Their legs don't touch the front seat. This is the best Accord that Honda has ever made. If I had the money, I would get two of them. Don't worry about the road noise. This car is pure quality.

09 Accord
By Dere on 11/05/08 18:00 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I initially had every intention of buying an 09 Civic. I test drove the Accord and fell in love with it. For three thousand more than the Civic it is a no brainer. I love it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord Sedan in VA is:

$124 per month*