Used 2009 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Nice Car!
By Dawn

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've been driving my Honda for about a month. I've driven it on the interstate, on country roads and in town and am very pleased with the performance, comfort and fuel efficiency. I was worried about comfort when I read the reviews but I think the seats are fine. I am looking forward to trying out these heated seats. I think the stereo system is great. I'm hooked on satellite radio now though so that's going to be an added expense for me. When I was looking for a new car, it came down to this or the Chevy Malibu. The reliability of Honda won me over. We'll see if I'm still driving this at 100,000+ miles - I hope so.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats. Stereo system. Safety ratings of this car.

Suggested Improvements

A built in garage door opener and a remote start would be perfect!!

Overall a Great Car
By Jack

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very good power, great gas mileage, and typical high quality Honda I've heard so much about. The only major downside to the car is the above average amount of road noise that you hear on the highway. Around town road noise is not an issue. This is our first Honda and will probably not be our last. This Accord is equal or better in some areas than our Lexus ES which we love and was almost $10k less. I now understand why Honda sells so many Accords. I find it far better than the Malibu, Fusion, Passat, and Altima all of which I've had for long-term rentals for business. I can't say enough about how great the dealer service is.

Favorite Features

Leather seats are super comfortable. XM radio is integrated into the head unit very well. Rear seat comfort and leg room are outstanding. Dealer service is equal to our Lexus which is outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

Too much road noise on the highway for my liking. Front brakes did squeak but dealer promptly replaced with new set (and detailed car) and since then the brakes have been perfect.

Absolutely, best value for the dollar
By Cecil Ingram

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My Honda accord drives like a sports car, has great positive steering, not the mushy feeling like Nissan or Toyota. Love the exterior design, even Mercedes has copied it. I'm 6,2" and enjoy the leg room. The seats are great, reminds me of the 911-s I used to own. The interior also has the full size feeling (the Altima and Camry were definitely mid-size). Gas mileage is very satisfactory, getting about 23 1/2 mph town-33 mph hiway.

Favorite Features

The 09 Accord is a quality auto. Honda has again kept its simplicity, superior quality, and affordability. My favorite feature is the turbo charged four cylinder chain driven engine, it responds almost like the v-6, plus the v-6 engine is belt driven- the four cylinder chain driven is far superior.

Suggested Improvements

The thing I miss most is a power passenger seat. This would make it about perfect, power passenger seat is not standard on the EXL-4 cyl. Accord.

The Bigger Honda Accord
By Terri

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I upgraded from a 1999 V6 Accord. The bigger body style does not fit my frame. The window starts too high for you to rest your arm, there is little room for your fingers when you adjust the rear view mirror, console too far right, seat not all that comfortable, too long of a reach to the steering wheel (my shoulders get tired when driving long distances). The sporty feel of driving the car is gone. It handles great, performs great but the inside now feels like a grandpa car. I didn't test drive it enough to notice it at first. I miss the feel of the old car. Bummer. And, they limit how loud the stereo will go! That amazed me.

Favorite Features

Great smooth pick and speed. Good cornering. Auto up/down on front windows. Auto open/close on sunroof. Hold remote to open and all windows and sunroof open to let out the heat...love that one!

Suggested Improvements

More snug of a fit for the driver. Makes the car feel more sporty and more fun to drive.

Great Car
By Bostonlawyer

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After agonizing over Avalon, Lincoln MKS, Camry, Taurus, Fusion, and starting my search determined to buy American, I arrived at the conclusion that this was the most car built by American workers on the market. The ride is just a step below the Acura TL, the gas economy for a v6 is wonderful, especially balanced against the power and acceleration the engine provides. The only bad thing I can say about the seats is that they are not quite as supportive as those in the Acura TL. Let me tell you, if you want the same equipment in a Taurus or an Avalon or Lincoln you will need another $7,000.00 so do yourself a favor and put the extra money in your pocket and seriously consider this car.

Favorite Features

navi, eco engine feature, gas economy and back seat room

Suggested Improvements

Offer Acura TL driver seat as a top- end option with EX-L.