2009 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Camry out, Accord in!
By Accord Convert on 01/29/09 08:19 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had Toyotas since 1981. Totally impressed with the style and quality of my 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. Best value for the money. Liked mine so much bought a 2009 Coupe EX-L for my daughter as well.

STIFF AND THIRSTY!!!!
By stadium722 on 01/26/09 23:15 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

How do these companies get away with misleading mileage estimates? I have had my 4CYL Accord EX-L for almost a month and have yet to break the 22 m.p.g barrier on mixed or extended highway trips!! The acceleration for the 190 h.p is very good and the steering is nicely weighted. The ride though is very stiff and the leather driver's seat is even stiffer. I have a 37 mile one way drive to work and it is annoying trying to find a comfortable seating position. Honda please isolate the road noises luckily it has a good radio to try and drown out the LOUD road noise. I think higher profile tires might soften and quiet the ride...MAYBE!! I'll need the high resale value on the trade in SOON!!

THE best car ever...
By jack on 01/24/09 19:11 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had 6 Mercedes and 6 Hondas, this is the best of all. Firm, comfortable seating and great economy, 24.8 to 29.4 mpg during the 13,500 miles I have put on the car in 5 months. Cylinder deactivation is flawless. There have been no maint. or repair issues at all. A perfect car! Very spacious vehicle for pax and cargo. Memo to Honda... integrate grab handles into the A-pillars, use a manumatic trans, a fuel mileage readout would be nice in this class of car,a sixth gear or lower ratio for fifth gear for better highway mileage,and memory seats would be nice. This is a great and almost perfect vehicle. Buy and enjoy.

Nice, but ...
By joe on 01/21/09 08:42 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car rides nice and looks nice. I find the driver's seat very uncomfortable but hope to get used to it in time. Not sure yet about the user interface with the navigation and bluetooth.

2009 Honda
By James Stevens on 01/15/09 13:17 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very satisfied to date, car is 2009, I presently have 3800 miles, I am retired, this spring will take long trips. I had a 2005 Linc T/C, thought I would have major driving transition, not so, I find Honda 6 fun to drive, fast, comfortable, alert, & certainly never think about gas vs Linc

Jury Still Out
By David on 01/09/09 15:37 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After many years a Toyota owner I cut the cord and went with this top of the line Honda because of the new design and increase in rear space. Clients feel comfortable and many compliments on style of car. I hope after purchasing it for an extended period of time I learn to enjoy it more. Been very unhappy with brakes. Inside comfort has been less than desirable especially for longer drive periods and I feel less spacious than I thought when I test drove it. The side pockets, center console and under radio compartment (which is very hard to get to) provides for not much space. When carrying a cell phone on your hip, the seat belt snap is in a bad location. But little space left to store it.

Glad I Did!
By MrsL on 01/03/09 03:33 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I originally went to the dealer just to check out the Honda Civic and since I was looking for a car that would cost me less in gas. I test drove the Honda Civic and I parked it next to the Honda Accord. I asked the salesman if I could also test drive the Accord. Well, I did and it was a grand ride. I was thoroughly impressed. This car is a keeper. I just love it. When I walk out to it and get in, I am so happy. The handling, the comfort, the radio controls on the steering wheel are superb. I called one of my good friends to tell her the call I had purchased an Accord and she had purchased the same car in a different color just a week earlier and she loves it too.

Fun to Drive
By Joseph on 12/28/08 08:34 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After Driving an SUV for the past 10 years I decided to go back to a sedan. My wife drives the Odyssey, and she fell in love with Honda, so did I. I looked at the BMW 328xi and thought I would purchase it after the test drive until I drove the Accord. The Accord was 13 thousand dollars less and that was for the top of the line EX-L with navigation. It look fantastic I'm very happy to have two Hondas in the Driveway, especially with 3 kids safety and reliability made the Honda a no brainer.

Excellent Sedan
By NewHondaFan on 12/27/08 21:24 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I love the car. The standard safety features are excellent. We first planned on getting a LX, but chose an EX instead for its upgraded engine and moonroof, both of which are worth the extra money. Having owned a Camry in the past, we are extremely pleased with Accord's driving performance and how we 'feel the road.' Don't worry about the road noise or seat comfort (lack of). We also looked at Altima, Camry, and Prius, but we thought Accord had the best overall value. Go and test-drive for yourself.

Back to Honda
By Don on 12/17/08 13:47 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I researched and drove multiple cars for months before deciding the V6 Navi was the best decision for the $. I wanted the coupe, but the back seat was a non-starter for adults. Awesome sound system! Mileage not what I expected from the VCM engine, and I drive with a light foot. Navi isn't intuitive yet, but I hope to be better with it after a couple months. The climate control system is exceptional. People I talk to through blue tooth say the sound quality is very good. Exceptionally fine handling and steering. After 4 Hondas and 3 Mercedes, I'm sold on Honda. Why pay twice as much for an unreliable Mercedes when you can have a car like this?

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord Sedan in VA is:

$124 per month*