2009 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews 26

2009 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Bad Choice of buying Accord
By Shekar on 03/02/09 19:48 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the accord 2009lx-p (auto trans) metal metallic in dec2008. I made choice of buying the accord bcos of its good exterior, interiors, ample leg room and better mileage as one expects of Japanese cars. But some of them are not up to my expectations. I got 14-16 mpg in city and 24-26 mpg since I bought this car. Even acura tl is better than this 2.4l accord as I got 20,26 mpg city/highway. The seats are very uncomfortable and I often feel back pain when I drive long. Bcos the car is too wide, the driver cannot rest left arm on the left arm rest of the door. Too much of road noise. I wish I bought Toyota Camry or acura tl. I recomm every one to buy Camry if u are not concerned with good acceleration.

Made wrong decision?
By Bob Conklin on 03/01/09 17:27 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This newly designed Honda is peppy and enjoyable to drive but don't believe the fuel economy ratings. We are responsible, experienced adult drivers and only seeing 17-18 MPG for local driving. Long, highway driving about 22 MPG. Also, cheap plastic on dash squeaks and creaks during cold weather. Plus,auto shifter clunky and not smooth. FM radio with weak reception forces satellite subscription. Suggest comparison drive of the new Chevrolet Malibu and Nissan Altima before deciding on Accord.

2009 Accord V-6
By Last Call on 02/23/09 11:52 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have only owned the 2009 Accord for two weeks. Gave my son my 1998 Accord with 160K mi. Love the new Accord and am looking forward to driving it for at least a decade. It is a major upgrade from the 1998. The comfort and ride have improved. The handling and braking is much crisper than any other sedan under $40K. With the 6 cylinder you lose a couple of miles per gallon but the added acceleration is worth it.

Happy with my purchase
By OC on 02/11/09 20:23 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Initially wanted to buy a VW, looked around for one, sent a few e-mails to dealers and got no responses. NONE! I have had a number or far less than great experiences with VW dealers so I decided to look around. Boy, am I ever glad I did! This Honda is awesome, drives great, awesome for the money. If you don't get into this deal expecting a BMW for 20-30k, then you're going to get a fantastic car with great resale value.

Terrific Value
By auto buyer So. Cal. on 02/10/09 19:22 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a 2009 Honda Accord LX polished metal metallic with gray interior. I bought it for 800 under invoice. The fit and finish is excellent. The interior is spacious with high quality materials. The 2.4L 4 cylinder engine generates just the right amount of power with good gas mileage. The LX has just the right amount of amenities. I feel like I am driving a luxury car. I am impressed with the standard safety features: 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS, EBD, VSC with Traction Control, air bags, and DRL. The crash test ratings are among the best. The literature reports low maintenance costs and high residual value. In its class, I think that it is the best value for the money!

First and Last Honda
By Tom on 02/06/09 17:34 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Talk about hype over a Honda. I have had 3 Jeep Grand Cherokees in the last 9 years and wish I had another one. Fuel economy nowhere near what Honda claims and that was the main reason I switched vehicles. Road and brake noise is extreme and the "Premium Sound System" cannot overcome much of it. Super uncomfortable driver seat and when below 20 degrees outside, better bring extra clothes. No insulation at all. Handling does not come close to the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Very disappointing. Thank goodness I can give it back in 39 months. Save your money and look elsewhere!

What you would expect
By Doug Atkins on 02/06/09 10:34 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 5th new Honda. I owned an Accord in 2003 and gave it up when my company offered me a company car in 2007. They gave me a Toyota Camry LE V6. The V6 Camry had loads of power. Got decent gas mileage as well. For some reason, I really missed my 2003 Accord LX (4 cylinder). The Honda was just put together better. I could tell the Camry was a mass production car. The floor carpeting came in several places, some of the plastic molding wasn't fit together very well, etc. Bought a new 2009 Accord EX-L (4 cylinder) to replace it. Fit and finish is superior like a remembered it and everything is laid out within easy reach and makes sense. Relatively noise free, ride is very stiff.

Best Yet!
By MalibuT100 on 02/05/09 09:17 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car rides like it's heavier, with a much tighter and more responsive steering system than my old Accord. The comfort level in this vehicle has also improved. The looks of the interior also looks like its a nicer vehicle than before. I don't expect the quality is any better but it sure looks it. I think the quality is A #1.

Good solid sedan
By hutch7 on 02/03/09 11:49 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car after a bad experience with a Hyundai. The Honda is head and shoulders above its Korean cousin. The Accord's handling and road manners are impeccable. Interior is roomy and very ergonomic. The engine is very responsive and smooth for a 4 cyl. Gas mileage is pretty good (currently getting 23 city/ 30 highway). Road noise is higher than other sedans in this class but not horrible. I expect that when I eventually replace the OEM Dunlops that road noise and handling will both improve. Trunk is not huge but big enough. Appearance is of course very subjective but to me the car looks an awful lot like a 5 series BMW. Fit and finish is without equal in this class and for around 20K

Excellent Sedan - Highly Recommended!
By excellent car on 02/01/09 15:53 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 3 months of driving my Accord I can say, it is the best driving experience I've had so far with sedans. I worked for a car rental company and drove all kinds of cars so I have something to compare to. Many people prefer dial temperature and other controls but I can say that all buttons are very intuitive easy to operate and contribute to a superior and modern interior look. Handling is great, acceleration is excellent, haven't noticed dimming headlights. Lots of leg room. Have absolutely nothing to complain about. I love it!