Used 2009 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Ok car
By Jambu

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car in a good deal. This is my first Honda. The fuel economy is pretty good. I got over 31 miles in my first few trips (mixed driving in city roads and highways). This car has manual driver seat adjustments. It took a while to adjust the position of seat to get a comfortable posture. The ride is bumpier in bumpy roads. There is lots of road noise in cement roads. The 99 Camry that I owned previously had good suspension and less road noise. The sound quality of the music player is mediocre especially for mp3 songs. I liked the style and it is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, Steering

Suggested Improvements

Road noise reduction, suspension and mp3 player sound quality.

Still on the fence
By Gary

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have 3 Honda's - although this one looks great - couple of things: road noise (so loud yesterday that I couldn't hear my son on cell) - I know that road surface plays into it, but... really. Brakes squeal, seats are ok - but being short it is hard for me to find the optimal position for steering wheel without it blocking out speedo. Also, passenger airbag light comes on intermittently and some engine lights too. Keep thinking about that Bimmer... will give this a few more months.

Favorite Features

Looks nice.

Suggested Improvements

All above - plus blind spots.

Poor Build Quality 2009
By Jonboy6

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Brakes squeak from day one, transmission makes shredding, tearing noises when putting in reverse and then drive, headrest forces your head forward, when full gas tank sounds like a swimming pool sloshing around and already had a safety recall for poor build quality with "noises" coming from the back of the car. Road noise is horrible on certain roads. You still want to risk buying this car?? My last Honda ever!

Favorite Features

The style and looks of the car are very nice. Handles well with decent acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Improve suspension, build quality. Road noise is awful and front driver seat needs improvements. Build quality is very subpar. Improve Honda Customer Service its way too arrogant. Transmission is subpar and way too noisy. Brakes are dreadfully noisy. Did I mention the awful build quality???

Great car
By jimmy de

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned Hondas for the past 12 years and this car is as nice as any I've had. Performance of the 4cyl. engine seems a bit weaker than my past 2 Accords but is by no means a dog. Complaints about the seats being uncomfortable don't factor into my opinion at all. I find them very comfortable especially for long trips across Texas. I find them a bit low for exit, but not a problem at all when I'm in the car. I drive in the El Paso area quite a bit and as far as fuel economy is concerned, I get almost 28 mpg on every tank of gas. This car is a keeper and I'll continue to buy Hondas in the future.

Favorite Features

Both interior and exterior design are exceptional. This car says first class from bumper to bumper. Fuel Economy has been far better than expected. In 4 months of ownership I've averaged almost 28 MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Getting out of the car takes a bit of work. I am a tall person so the seat must be very low which means I'm sitting pretty close to the ground when it's time to exit.

Overall Satisfied
By watcha

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a jaguar which I loved very much, but I also hated. The car drove me nuts being in & out of the shop. I went to Honda because my husband owns a Honda Si which he loves. I did not want a Honda, I was hesitant about going, but then again I needed something reliable. I test drove a few cars but was looking for something with speed. They gave me the V6 Accord to test drive. I liked it, it was nice, & had the speed I was looking for. I was hesitant about getting it but I needed a car that I could depend on. So I bought it & the more I drove it I loved it even more!

Favorite Features

Of course I got the top of the line model you can get, I love how much room this car has, the bluetooth, the speed, the mpg. I drove to Vegas & back from San Jose one weekend. On the way back about 1/2 way I had 1/4 left in my tank, I filled up my tank & the gas lasted me all week from home to work.

Suggested Improvements

I don't like the squeaking when I brake. The interior doors & dash is kind of cheap but then again it is a Honda.