20K miles and 15 months later
By Mark on
2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
My Accord is a terrific city car and once I figured out that I had to adjust my seat to be more straight backed than I had been used to, the seat became more comfortable for longer drives. The car remains solid, I have not yet had the rear brake problems others have noted and my overall gas mileage is around 25 MPG, not bad. This car handles beautifully for a fwd sedan, but the road noise is noticeable, Honda can do better. Overall, I really like this car but the seats and the road noise keep me from completely loving it. Build quality is excellent, there are absolutely no squeaks or rattles. I can tell this car will wear well over the years.
Favorite Features
Handling, this car corners very well and is simply fun to buzz around town in. The engine is smooth and well mated to the transmission. The build quality is excellent and the lateral supports on the seats keep my plugged in. The interior is rich with ample interior room. Visibility is excellent.
Suggested Improvements
Road Noise, it becomes very loud on rough pavement, especially concrete. Seats, the surfaces are a bit too hard and the head rest is set too far forward. For me, setting the seat to a more straight up position made the ride more comfortable. Rear brakes, they have not gone out yet.