Used 2009 Honda Accord EX V-6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

2009 OIL DRINKER W/LOUD NOISE
By Tammy

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My elderly parents bought this car without asking their daughters opinions. We would NEVER have suggested such a purchase with this piece of crap. They traded, well got robbed, of their Cadillac CTS and paid cash for Honda and it's been nothing but a money pit and a pin in their and my whole family's life. We were wanting something they could keep for rest of their life but holy geez that won't happen. I bought a Mercedes and it's simply the best vehicle I've ever owned and will ever own. I'm hoping to get this heep fixed and passed on to a mechanic that can constantly work on and put oil in it weekly!! I don't know where the oil is going but I know this is the biggest piece of CRAP EVER MADE. HONDA NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING FOR THE PEOPLE THAT OWNS ONE. Seriously a horse and carriage would be more comfortable and less of a pain [non-permissible content removed] and cheaper to run than this heep. They hate their self more everyday it seems and they shouldn't be worried about anything at their ages. They are in their 80's and just need a safe reliable car. That's it. DONT BUY A HONDA EVER!! Please listen to all these posts. We all CANT BE wrong.

VCM (variable cylinder managment) misfire, engine
By jarred

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

UPDATE. This whole ECO mode is not good. Now we wish we bought a 4 cyl. reg engine. I had to change sparkplugs again after only 35,000 miles. I had the light engine come on again so I just changed the sparkplugs and everything works again. The ones sitting at the back of the engine were much more worn out-more burned/blackish. and this is after the software update. So either they still wear out very unevenly, or Calgary Honda never replaced the back sprkplugs, since access to to back ones is more difficult. So either Honda desing sucks, or Honda dealrship sucks, take your pick.

----------------I'm posting this review for those who had problems with the VCM/engine misfire. It happened to us last week. Without a warning the car started stuttering and the flashing engine light came on. It sounded to me like a timing/sparkplugs problem. We found some scary info about class action suit against Honda due to the engine design problem. Took it to Honda dealer. They replaced 4 out of 6 sparkplugs and updated the car software. I talked to the shop foreman (yes, you have to insist on it, though the reception girl will first tell you that mechanics don't talk to customers, WHY??). This is what the foreman told me:

An Aston Martin it isn't, but it's pretty damn OK
By slimm1470

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it with 48k and now it has 68k. I have all service records, it's been cared for properly. Nothing has gone wrong with this car! It's a V6 sedan and it's fast! It has about the slickest engine and transmission combination I've ever driven. Except for some body roll, the handling qualities are great. The steering is agile and it's goes exactly where you nudge it. Fine car.

Engine and transmission, build quality, tight steering, fine leather. I've taken some loooong trips in it and was entirely comfortable. Cold A/C!

Road and wind noise a bit high. Too many buttons on the dash.

Ain't an Aston Martin but it's Pretty Darn A-Okay
By slimm1470

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

These reviews kill me. People gripe about stuff they should have noticed on the test drive. They obviously didn't do their due diligence and now they're pissed at themselves for buying a car that doesn't please them. Well, duh.
I bought this one with 48k miles, now it's at 70k. It's been great! Yes, it has road noise and yes, a bit of body roll. I knew that going in. The steering and front end are excellent. The engine (V6) and transmission are strong and very fast. It's been reliable with no complaints. I drive it a bit hard so the fuel mileage averages 24 city & highway. On a long trip it's comfortable and quick.
If you find one properly serviced, drive it first, then buy the sucker!

Steering and front end Engine, transmission Good leather Comfortable seats Reliability and Build Quality

Reduce road noise and body roll

Dis. Like.
By moitz

This is my fourth Honda, and the first one I
dislike.
It's overly large, poorly built, and does not live up to Honda's legendary reliability and build quality.

The exterior is not unpleasant to look at, and with the EX V6, the sunroof, chrome trim, and rims don't detract.
However, the interior is way too heavy on plasticy bits, the carpet feels cheap, and things rattle like a 1990s GM product.
Too many buttons, etc.

Performance-wise, the auto transmission is atrocious.
I've taken to manually shifting it when I need to get into 1st in a hurry.
The gas mileage is awful (17 on a 70/30 city highway split, maybe 25 on the highway).
However, the engine is smooth and powerful.

The 6 cyl. Despite the AWFUL gas mileage, it's smooth and powerful, and quiet. The Eco mode is pretty cool. The ride quality is what I'd expect from Honda - firmer than your usual US car, but not what I'd call sporty.

Honda needs to ban the pleather door inserts. Go back to cloth for the cloth seats, leather for the leather seats. Upgrade the carpet and padding. Wayyyy less buttons on the center stack. Fix the problem that you can't see the radio display when the sun is even remotely shaving on it. Far less hard plastic.