2009 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Could Do Better
By CGS on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We picked the Honda because it was the least expensive car that gave us all of the features we wanted (standard, good size, leather, sun roof, good gas mileage, etc). I find it was more than a compromise for me and will look longer the next go around. I'm 56 and although my mind likes the idea of a standard, there's a reason 94% of cars nowadays are automatics (smile). I have a squeak in the steering column that annoying and my key fob is failing (all with very little use). The greatest drawback though is that the Accord is a lot noisier at highway speeds than it should be. I have six cars. This is the newest. And the noisiest. That shouldn't be in this day and age.

Servicable car if you like the Seat
By EnvENGineer on 06/28/10 13:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a long commute every day to work (85 miles one way) and have spent a great deal of time in this car. After only approx. 11+ months of ownership I am thinking about selling this vehicle. The lumbar support/active head restraint systems have created a seat that becomes extremely uncomfortable after a nominal drive, to the point of back pain. The gas mileage has been better than advertised (I get 27-28 vs 25). The aux jack is not in a great location (center console). The car always feels heavy and loses momentum quickly. The steering is crisp and the cabin is spacious. Exterior won't win any beauty contests and the dash is not pretty but overall a workhorse type car.

Warning, don't buy a Accord 08 or 09
By Brown on 05/03/10 15:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I purchased to honda accords (2008 - 2dr coupe used) & (2009 4dr sedan new). Since the purchase date in Feb 09, I have had nothing but problems. 1) The tire pressure light keeps coming on 2) Muffler had to be replaced due to bad components 3) Both keyless entry remotes went out 4) Driver side seat lumbar support without was replaced 5) Rear brake pads wear out fast, replaced. 6) Tires don't stay balanced and aligned. Although all of these problems was covered by the dealership it's a shame that I have to take a new car in for repair "time after time". This is what you will have to look forward to in the years to come. Oh, the 08 coupe is no better! Warning don't buy Honda!

Somewhat disappointed with my Accord
By Lucky 7 Honda Owner on 03/09/10 07:41 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 7th Honda in over 20 years, and I'm the most disappointed with it. The car has some great features, but it's becoming clear that Honda cut corners to keep the costs down. It's a good looking car and is roomy. However, Honda service is not great. Spent too much time at the dealer, and they are always suspicious that it's my fault rather than manufacturing defects. I'm sorry I traded in my 2006 Accord for this one because it was just a better built car without any issues. Honda needs to get back their core basics.

Early problem with rear brakes
By Asif on 10/18/09 05:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned Accord for close to 2 years now and it runs beautifully and I am very happy with my purchase. But there are 2 things, I would like to bring to other buyers notice. First, when it had about 20,000 miles, there was a cranky noise when you start it cold. Took to dealer and they changed the alternator for free. The other issue was noise from rear brakes and I had to finally replace them, with my own money. Feel it was too early for brakes to wear out and make noises (I am not an adventurous driver).

A disappointing purchase
By violin8 on 10/16/09 16:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2009 as my 5th Honda accord, and couldn't be sorrier. My previous ones were excellent, so I didn't pay as much attention as I should have to this model. After 40 min. the seat is so uncomfortable, I have to get out and give myself a break. It feels like concrete inside it. The road noise on trips is unbelievable. I really miss my 2003 accord and regret trading up to this model.

Big Mistake
By sabs636 on 10/15/09 13:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with the new design. It looks great and drives well. I purchased the 4-door EX-L model in a manual transmission. I did a large amount of research before purchasing this car and found that it was really the best car for the price. All of this to say, I am extremely disappointed in my vehicle purchase. Apparently I should have done some more research. The squealing brakes after less than 5000 kms are completely unacceptable. I would never recommend purchasing the 08/09 models to anyone. Honda has disappointed so many people by creating, marketing and selling such a product. Do not buy this vehicle until Honda decides to issue a recall & fix this problem.

What's wrong with the brakes?
By mtoda on 09/14/09 10:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall we purchased our Honda Accord because of past experience owning one. Too bad for us that we found out that there are some build quality issues that, while not life threatening, are annoying nonetheless on a new car. These include such things as squealing brakes, adhesive protruding out behind plastic panels, and loose rear view mirror. Our manual transmission also is not as smooth as we've been accustomed too. We will be taking it into the dealership to see if we can get any of these issues taken care of. Unfortunately for Honda this will be the last Honda that we will buy.

wish i never bought it
By bwb on 08/05/09 06:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i bought this honda after all the hype about the need to "get out of american made cars". i had a buick lacrosse that i loved but the gas mileage was beginning to get to me. gas was $4.00 per gallon at the time. i was actually looking for a small suv but my husband talked me out of that. i hate driving this car. rough ride, unbelievable road noise (my dealership told me to turn the radio up! hah!). the seats are the worse!! leather--but the most uncomfortable i have ever owned. long trips are miserable. have taken 2 now and the passenger seat is horrible. my girlfriend sat in the back seat--said it was ok but sure was noisy. i truly wish i had never bought this car.

So Far, So Good
By CGS on 07/01/09 13:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car as the least expensive option that satisfied all our needs (wants). Mechanically, it's been A+ so far. We got the standard for one last "hooraw" before we qualify for AARP. It's fun to drive, but now we remember why we went to an automatic to begin with (hard to hold your coffee and switch gears at the same time). Gas mileage is actually better than advertised, but we're relatively light-footed drivers. Have one "cheap plastic" finish issue on the interior and a couple "question marks" on the trunk set-up, but the suspension is tight and takes country roads beautifully. I would have liked the universal remote, but you had to get the next package for $1K more.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord Sedan in VA is:

$114 per month*