2009 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Quality, Quality, Reliability
By jarred on 01/26/13 23:20 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is true that most people who write reviews are the ones with problems, and they want/need to vent. Happy customers just enjoy their purchases. But still, reading some of the low reviews here makes you wonder: are those people for real? In my experience Honda is nothing but quality, quality and reliability. My wife and I bought our 2009 EX-L V6 accord with 44000 miles on it. The car drove like new from the dealer, and drives beautifully now, almost a year later. Everything works perfect, the doors close with a nice thud, the engine is smooth like butter. Steering is sooo precise, every switch and control operates with assurance. Seats are comfortable and we have no problem with brakes.

No more honda's for this family
By chicagotomtom on 10/20/12 19:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Like many reviews before me on this site, we've owned honda's our whole life, and bought the 2009 V6 Accord based on our the value and reliability that Honda built is reputation on...well, we were thinking about buying the new Pilot to replace our 2002 CRV, but after our poor experience with the quality of our 2009 Accord, it's time to try another car manufacturer. Already have the rear disc brakes replaced due as a part of the class action lawsuit, the driver side lumber controls stopped working at 30k miles, and continue to have issues with the battery/starter. I had originally planned to drive the car into the ground like we've done with all our other honda's, but want to sell it now.

Shocked that I HATE this car
By jrs4682 on 08/06/12 09:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Accord and I hate it. I have replaced all 4 door locks, the lumbar control in the drivers seat, Airbag sensors. The seats are so uncomfortable, I cant drive more than 30 minutes without being in pain. I get car sick when I am riding in the passenger seat due to the road noise and feeling every bump. I have NEVER had a problem with my other Accords only this one but overall I am not happy with this purchase at all and I will be trading in ASAP.

3+ Years and 55,000 miles - The Good and the Bad
By markm1960 on 07/09/12 08:04 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Accord is well built with little or no rattles or squeaks. The brake issues have been well documented, I got over 22,000 miles on mine before replacement - most was covered by the class action suit. This vehicle drives very well but road noise is an issue. It handles well, especially around town. The headrests are slung too far forward for comfort, but I was able to adjust my seat more vertically to compensate. I have also worked the head rest back and forth and this has loosened it up a bit. The interior is refined and the controls are intuitive once I got the hang of them. Overall this is a very good car. I would be great with better noise control and a different head rest.

Love this car
By metakizerman on 01/02/12 21:20 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love my accord. some people that leave reviews have no idea what they are talking about. They complain about the seat not comfy, well if you weigh 300+ lbs then no seat is comfy. I am 170 and the seats hug me sooo nice. I feel like I'm in sports car. This thing is safe, reliable, family and fun to drive.

2009 Accords Have So Many Problems
By goldmanf on 05/15/11 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What's happening to Honda cars... My first Honda was 1978 Civic. I traded all of my several Honda cars (Civic, Accords and Pilots)around 160K miles for newer ones. My parents, my sibling families love the Honda cars. This trend is ending. This piece of garbage 2009 Accord EXL is a piece of junk from day one. The brake squeak and I thought it need to be brake in. A year later, I complained to the dealer and I was told that is a known problem. I was told ny Honda service advisor that just turn on the stereo louder and I will be fine. Now, I just found out the well known A/C condensor prone to damage from road debris. Is this US specific Honda issue???

Bye Bye Honda
By Rob on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

For the last 12 years every car I bought was a honda product. That would be 5 cars, most higher end. I bought a 2009 accord, new with a V6 and everything but Nav. I needed a valve job (4 of 6 were toast) after 8 k. The car was never the same, poor power, power fuel economy.I was concerned,the dealer said they would stand behind it. the transmission started making noise and the brakes went early.Honda claimed nothing was wrong. Brakes went early & basically honda would not stand behind product. They strung me along till i was passed lemon law miles and then said good bye. I feel this car was about what i would expect from ford for $10 k less. Honda lost me.

Excellent Choice for the MONEY
By saugrad on 08/23/10 12:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Brought this car with 16,900 miles.Drove it from Houston to Nebraska.Was Impressed by the performance.Great Interior Finish and quality. Smooth and Sporty drive. Not even 1% of regret for my choice.

20K miles and 15 months later
By Mark on 07/13/10 15:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Accord is a terrific city car and once I figured out that I had to adjust my seat to be more straight backed than I had been used to, the seat became more comfortable for longer drives. The car remains solid, I have not yet had the rear brake problems others have noted and my overall gas mileage is around 25 MPG, not bad. This car handles beautifully for a fwd sedan, but the road noise is noticeable, Honda can do better. Overall, I really like this car but the seats and the road noise keep me from completely loving it. Build quality is excellent, there are absolutely no squeaks or rattles. I can tell this car will wear well over the years.

Plus and Minus
By delphi on 07/12/10 19:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for 2 years. The positive is that it handles well on all road surfaces including ice/snow. Mileage is almost the same on the highway as my 2003 Cadillac SLS at slightly over 26 mpg. The seats are terrible. After 3 hours, my legs and back ache. I can put up with the user unfriendly center panel controls but am ready to sell due to the seats. I test drove the Accord for 2 hours prior to purchase. Wish I had driven it another hour. The A/C is barely able to keep up with 90 degree outside temps.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord Sedan in VA is:

$120 per month*