2009 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Door lock actuators
By denisehamdi on 07/28/13 17:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2009 Honda Accord used with approx 18,000 miles on it. I love it!! The only issue I have is that I have had to replace the 2 door lock actuators on the driver's side. Now the back passenger actuator is going. I'm going to wait until the front passenger actuator goes so I can replace them at the same time. It seems that's an issue of the part. Otherwise LOVE my Honda!!!

Overall a good car
By EyLct on 06/30/10 14:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a lot for work. There is never a time where I doubt the dependability of my accord. Within the first 5k miles I had to have a tire sensor replaced. After 12k miles all of a sudden it started making this really loud grinding noise. I took it to Honda and they said it was the brakes. They replaced everything free of charge. So far so good. I do notice while idling the car with rev really low like it's about to stall out or jump suddenly where if I didn't have my foot on the brakes I would have hit the car in front of me. Very concerning. Very poor acceleration. Horrible gas mileage. Though I love the look of the cars exterior.

No Rear Brakes
By Loyal Honda Guy on 12/10/09 08:12 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Good handling - solid performance - everything that you would expect from a Honda - my two sons are over 6 feet tall and there is plenty of leg room in the rear. And of course great gas mileage - however, watch out for the rear brakes on this car - I just had the car in for a 15,000 mile service and only had 5% left on the rear brakes - the mechanic told me the brake pad is a 1 inch by 1 inch pad that wears out every 12k-15k miles - Honda claims they are aware of the problem but no recall or service warranty issued by Honda yet? That is why I got rid of my Suburban - undersized brakes for the car - now it seems I have the same problem with a Honda??? Unheard of.

Uncomfortable Seats, Road noise
By Will on 11/21/09 08:08 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought the car. Owned a lot of cars and I must say this is the most uncomfortable seats in any car I have owned. It hurts the lower part of your back after a half hour. It's like a hard lumbar that doesn't go away. Called Honda America, and they said that they will document it. If you own one and experience this problem call them. More complaints the better hopefully! Road noise is pretty loud.

Worst road noise experienced
By singletary on 09/04/09 16:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Worst road noise experienced. Have owned 8-9 Hondas and this one is a great, great let down. The ride is bumpy and road noise levels prevent a descent conversation with the passenger. Lack of Michelin tires is also a negative. Really surprised at all the interior noise, particularly coming from a manufacturer who set the standard for fine Imported vehicles. So remorseful for purchasing this auto.

Best car I've ever owned
By Michael in Chicago on 08/07/09 20:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really didn't want to buy a new car; but my '95 Volvo had reached the point where the repairs it needed exceeded it's book value. So... There was no major decision in my purchase; all of the research I'd done came up with the same two answers: Honda or Toyota. I drove a Civic and was appalled. I drove an Accord and was astonished. It handled like a dream. The I-4 motor was powerful, smooth and quiet. The 5- speed gearbox was a joy. Looks, compared with the Camry...no contest. The dark grey metallic paint...Oooh baby! At highway speeds, it will go about 500 miles on a tank of gas. I bought two Accords that day. The 2009 I'm driving now...and the 2019 I'll replace it with.

Goof Car, Good Price
By golf on 07/20/09 19:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Nine hundred miles; excellent reliability and good acceleration for a four cylinder. The car is a very good value.

Horrible seats & lousy transmission
By Anne on 06/09/09 08:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a new Accord 9 months ago. Would not buy again. I have chronic back pain since driving the accord; didn't have problem with my Odyssey. (doesn't happen to my husband, but it kills me). Took a long time to figure out the cause. Within 15 minutes of sitting in the Accord, my back flares up. Doesn't matter if it's the driver side/passenger. Transmission stinks: doesn't shift at the right spots, will tach up to 5 getting on the highway. Feels like I have Fred Flintstone feet under the car. Wish I knew before buying it how disappointing it is.

They finally got it right!
By conquerer77 on 10/10/08 08:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the following: 1994 Accord LX Coupe; 2005 Toyota Camry LE; and now, 2009 Accord LX Sedan with 5-speed manual. My new car was bought after much detailed and painstaking research. Issues with past Accords that kept me away: Road noise, stiffness of ride, high price, arrogant dealerships. I got lucky by finding a good dealer that gave me good value on 05 Camry. Camrys started to have an issue with valves rattling (70K miles!), so I may have had a lemon. It was a refined vehicle, and the ride in my new Honda is a only a touch louder and harsher, . But I get better mileage, more agile, new suspension is wonderful. Close & tough choice, but made best decision. Looks more masculine !

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord Sedan in VA is:

$124 per month*