Used 2009 Honda Accord LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Most Helpful|
No Rear Brakes
By Loyal Honda Guy

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Good handling - solid performance - everything that you would expect from a Honda - my two sons are over 6 feet tall and there is plenty of leg room in the rear. And of course great gas mileage - however, watch out for the rear brakes on this car - I just had the car in for a 15,000 mile service and only had 5% left on the rear brakes - the mechanic told me the brake pad is a 1 inch by 1 inch pad that wears out every 12k-15k miles - Honda claims they are aware of the problem but no recall or service warranty issued by Honda yet? That is why I got rid of my Suburban - undersized brakes for the car - now it seems I have the same problem with a Honda??? Unheard of.

Favorite Features

Body style is very attractive - most people comment that the car really does not look like a Honda - large and stylish body for a Honda - good leg room overall - seems to have plenty of interior space - heater and A/C unit appear to work just fine as well as the stereo - comfortable ride overall.

Suggested Improvements

Rear brakes, rear brakes, rear brakes.

Door lock actuators
By denisehamdi

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2009 Honda Accord used with approx 18,000 miles on it. I love it!! The only issue I have is that I have had to replace the 2 door lock actuators on the driver's side. Now the back passenger actuator is going. I'm going to wait until the front passenger actuator goes so I can replace them at the same time. It seems that's an issue of the part. Otherwise LOVE my Honda!!!

Favorite Features

Manual drive, sunroof, stereo

Worst road noise experienced
By singletary

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Worst road noise experienced. Have owned 8-9 Hondas and this one is a great, great let down. The ride is bumpy and road noise levels prevent a descent conversation with the passenger. Lack of Michelin tires is also a negative. Really surprised at all the interior noise, particularly coming from a manufacturer who set the standard for fine Imported vehicles. So remorseful for purchasing this auto.

Favorite Features

Excellent interior room.

Suggested Improvements

Create a heavier suspension, but one with the ability to handle bumps and eliminate terrible road noise levels.

Overall a good car
By EyLct

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a lot for work. There is never a time where I doubt the dependability of my accord. Within the first 5k miles I had to have a tire sensor replaced. After 12k miles all of a sudden it started making this really loud grinding noise. I took it to Honda and they said it was the brakes. They replaced everything free of charge. So far so good. I do notice while idling the car with rev really low like it's about to stall out or jump suddenly where if I didn't have my foot on the brakes I would have hit the car in front of me. Very concerning. Very poor acceleration. Horrible gas mileage. Though I love the look of the cars exterior.

Favorite Features

Great paint job. Love the modern look of the exterior. Big gas tank.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes. Air conditioning could be a bit stronger. Seats make a crackling noise when you move around and are very uncomfortable for long car rides.

Uncomfortable Seats, Road noise
By Will

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought the car. Owned a lot of cars and I must say this is the most uncomfortable seats in any car I have owned. It hurts the lower part of your back after a half hour. It's like a hard lumbar that doesn't go away. Called Honda America, and they said that they will document it. If you own one and experience this problem call them. More complaints the better hopefully! Road noise is pretty loud.

Favorite Features

Style

Suggested Improvements

Change front seats.