2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
I was very dissapointed
By jiri on 04/16/10 15:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Honda accord with manual transmission. First was 2000 4 cyl. No problems at all with this car. After I bought new accord I had to replace brakes at 4k because of a noise, by the way the noise is still there at 16,000 I had to replace rear brake pads what is not ok. Since I bought this car I was few time at the dealership because of my manual transmission respectively 3rd gear. I was there three times, transmission wasn't fixed. There was more minor problems with door latch, handles, with speakers. I am very disappointed. I made about 7 trips to the dealership since I bought this car!

Great Car, Bad Leather
By Honda on 10/01/09 20:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive 6 speed manual, Great features for the price. Decent MPG and excellent performance. Leather seats are poor quality, and wear badly. Only other disappointment is with the TPMS not working with snow tires after paying up for the sensors. Would love to have the EV-L options without the leather. Exterior looks are very nice. Really enjoy the car. Dash controls are a bit overly complicated. Car feels like a Honda, it will run a long time with no major repairs. Honda did miss their standard of quality with the leather seats.

Superior Vehicle
By TJC on 09/30/09 17:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I spent months researching cars before purchasing my Accord EX-L V6. If you want something reliable, sporty, stylish, fuel efficient and comfortable, you should definitely look at the Accord. For the money, and for somebody who doesn't require a bigger vehicle (no kids, etc.), this car is worth looking at. The top of the line trim comes at a great price for all of the features and the quality (and it looks better than the cheaper trims, too). Lastly, for a coupe, it's large enough that you're comfortable. I just ask anyone considering this car to test drive it. If it's for you, you'll know it.

Power and Style for less $
By Brian in Louisiana on 04/20/09 21:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Here is the breakdown: I've owned 6 Honda's (civic, preludes, accords). This car is more fun to drive than all those put together. I just traded in a '06 V6 Accord sedan 6 MT. Wanted something more sporty but dependable. Test drove a Lexus IS, Infiniti G37, and BMW 328i. All great in their own way. All at least 10K more than I paid for the Honda. Didn't make sense paying the extra change when the practical and fun choice was the Accord. Car has many extra features that are add-ons on the other cars. Car is black on black and it turns heads. Wasn't a big fan of the sedan design (little too big), but love the coupe. Before you buy any coupe in the 25-30K range, test drive this car!

Honda engineers read this!!!
By martian on 01/24/09 06:08 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I LOVE my new car! I've put 5k miles on the Accord. Traction control prevents burning rubber, but whatever. What is fun is going from 40 to 80 in like 2 seconds. Don't worry about the "click" when shifting into DRIVE; they all do it. When snow gets in the wheels, they vibrate at > 50 mph. Windshield wash fluid only holds <1/2 gallon - and the pump is wussy. The driver's seat is not comfortable. I have some suggestions in the section below. Sound system rocks. Visibility is fantastic.

What an awesome car!
By Brian C. on 12/27/08 12:39 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After buying my first new Honda (CRX in '89 which I loved), I couldn't wait to buy Honda again after owning several other brands. This car gets so many looks and compliments--it's often mistaken for a BWW or Lexus! I'm so glad I chose the V6 model-the power is incredible..also the silver door handles give it a nice quality touch. The temperature and audio controls can be somewhat complicated at first, but I am starting to get used to them. Everything is explained in the manuals, so read up! The heated seats are a nice welcoming feel on a cold winter day. Great job Honda! What an improvement over the previous body style (yawn).

The BEST car I've ever owned!
By Brian C. on 12/14/08 07:33 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After also considering the redesigned Mazda 6, I decided the Honda was the better choice. The design quality inside and out makes it seems like it is a BMW or Lexus, but at substantial savings. I've received so many compliments after only 1 month! The V6 engine has phenomenal power, but yet still gets decent gas mileage. The heated seats are very relaxing on a cold winter day. Temperature and audio controls are somewhat complex, but I'm getting used to it (Fan will all of a sudden start blowing at higher speed for some reason--not sure what's up with that.) Also VSA feature doesn't have a dashboard indicator saying whether it's on or off. Honda did a great job on this redesign!

The best Accord yet.
By Michiganer on 10/05/08 11:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I originally planned to buy the 2.4L EXL I4 5MT coupe, but after seeing and driving the V6 6MT, I had to have it. The extra 2 grand gets you better looking wheels, Homelink, fog lights, integrated spoiler, dual exhaust, and some other small odds n ends make it worth the cost (since I would have wanted to upgrade the wheels and put fogs on the I4). The V6 also provides a great amount of power, but the I4 will suffice for most and is sufficient. I only wish that the 6MT had a taller 6th gear. I get the EPA rated 26 mpg, but I'm sure it could be better with a taller final drive while still being fast on the low end.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord in VA is:

$132 per month*