Used 2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

I was very dissapointed
By jiri

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Honda accord with manual transmission. First was 2000 4 cyl. No problems at all with this car. After I bought new accord I had to replace brakes at 4k because of a noise, by the way the noise is still there at 16,000 I had to replace rear brake pads what is not ok. Since I bought this car I was few time at the dealership because of my manual transmission respectively 3rd gear. I was there three times, transmission wasn't fixed. There was more minor problems with door latch, handles, with speakers. I am very disappointed. I made about 7 trips to the dealership since I bought this car!

steering wheel features, heated seats,

They've got a lot to improve.

Great Car, Bad Leather
By Honda

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive 6 speed manual, Great features for the price. Decent MPG and excellent performance. Leather seats are poor quality, and wear badly. Only other disappointment is with the TPMS not working with snow tires after paying up for the sensors. Would love to have the EV-L options without the leather. Exterior looks are very nice. Really enjoy the car. Dash controls are a bit overly complicated. Car feels like a Honda, it will run a long time with no major repairs. Honda did miss their standard of quality with the leather seats.

Fun, fast, good looks, fairly priced with Honda reliability.

Own up to the seat problem and fix them. Simplify the dash controls.

Superior Vehicle
By TJC

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I spent months researching cars before purchasing my Accord EX-L V6. If you want something reliable, sporty, stylish, fuel efficient and comfortable, you should definitely look at the Accord. For the money, and for somebody who doesn't require a bigger vehicle (no kids, etc.), this car is worth looking at. The top of the line trim comes at a great price for all of the features and the quality (and it looks better than the cheaper trims, too). Lastly, for a coupe, it's large enough that you're comfortable. I just ask anyone considering this car to test drive it. If it's for you, you'll know it.

1) Beautiful styling. The car looks like an Acura, putting competitors like the Nissan Altima coupe to shame. 2) Performance. The V6 handles well in snow and rain, and is fast. 3) Comfort. The car is big enough to not make you feel squished, and the high quality of the interior is superb.

At 4,000 miles, I had to replace the break pads. Honda's warranty took care of the cost, but it was a nuisance. Something about the change of seasons causing them to harden and squeal. That shouldn't happen with a new car.

Power and Style for less $
By Brian in Louisiana

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Here is the breakdown: I've owned 6 Honda's (civic, preludes, accords). This car is more fun to drive than all those put together. I just traded in a '06 V6 Accord sedan 6 MT. Wanted something more sporty but dependable. Test drove a Lexus IS, Infiniti G37, and BMW 328i. All great in their own way. All at least 10K more than I paid for the Honda. Didn't make sense paying the extra change when the practical and fun choice was the Accord. Car has many extra features that are add-ons on the other cars. Car is black on black and it turns heads. Wasn't a big fan of the sedan design (little too big), but love the coupe. Before you buy any coupe in the 25-30K range, test drive this car!

Premium sound system(mp3), 271 HP V6, smooth 6-speed manual gearbox, driver's seat feels like a cockpit.

Honda, please change the Michelin Pilot tires. These are all-weather radials with no grip for a car that is FWD and 271 HP. Replaced on my previous Accords with Yokohoma Avid tires. Would be an excellent choice.

Honda engineers read this!!!
By martian

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I LOVE my new car! I've put 5k miles on the Accord. Traction control prevents burning rubber, but whatever. What is fun is going from 40 to 80 in like 2 seconds. Don't worry about the "click" when shifting into DRIVE; they all do it. When snow gets in the wheels, they vibrate at > 50 mph. Windshield wash fluid only holds <1/2 gallon - and the pump is wussy. The driver's seat is not comfortable. I have some suggestions in the section below. Sound system rocks. Visibility is fantastic.

This car is just SO bad. I do believe it is the hottest car on the road. Weight/HP is about 13 whereas most <$23k cars are 20 so performance is great. Love the interface (heat, radio, cruise). Handling is out of this world. Heated seats warm up in 60 seconds in an Alaskan winter.

Move the left edge of the driver's seat one inch to the left and all is good (btw, I'm not fat). The fuel door release latch seems like it will break in 5 years. Add memory seats, since the seats are so uncomfortable to begin with. Lastly, add rain drip shields for the coupe.